PDA

View Full Version : Here's a report the MSM doesn't want to talk about

LWW
01-28-2008, 05:11 AM
... of course IT (http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf) wasn't funded by George Soros.

By reading it you will find:

-Current military death rates are lower today fighting 2 wars than they were during the last year of Carter during peacetime I could go into detail as to why I think this is happening, but it's not really that relevant yet.

-To arrive at the stated death toll one must add in victims of their own suicide, those murdered by other of our own troops, those who got sick and or suffered from disease causing their deaths, training accidents, etcetera.

This is not to belittle the tragic death of a soldier, but o inflate it in order to gain power ... or worse sell rag newspapers ... is IMHO tantamount to sedition.

This is just another example of how figures can't lie but liars can figure ... and how effortlessly they get the sheeple to believe it all.

LWW

SpiderMan
01-28-2008, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> figures can't lie but liars can figure <hr /></blockquote>

Does this quotation have a generally-accepted origin? I'm thinking of updating my tag line, and will give credit if I swipe something.

SpiderMan

LWW
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
The earliest I can verify is my grandfather, but I believe it was Samuel Clemens.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
So, you are saying that it's now safer to be fighting in two wars then it was during the Carter Admin? And that proves what?
I'm having a hard time going back beyond 1980, to find accurate death totals...but here's another comparison:
Bill Clinton (1993 - 2000) ............. 7,500 deaths

George W. Bush (2001 - 2006) .... 8,792 deaths

Pretty close, until you take in that there were just 76 hostile action deaths during Bill's reign.
Also seems that there were many more accidental deaths in the early years...Looks like if you die now, it'll be a war casualty.
And, why wouldn't the MSM want to print your "news"?
It still doesn't justify the present war casualties...just like Bill's BJ lie, doesn't excuse GWB's admin's 900 + lies to justify the war....

LWW
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
The point, as you so eloquently proved, is that the left doesn't really care who lied or to whom or about what so long as it is the lie which most pleases you.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Sorry, but your reply makes little sense to me.
It shouldn't be right Vs left, by the way...facts should stand on their own merits.

LWW
01-29-2008, 05:11 AM
My comment wasn't about the accuracy of the numbers.

My point was that the left only worries about a military death when it can be played for political gain.

Witness training deaths because an incompetent CINC won't invest in maintaining machinery and we have no issues.

OTOH a death in the defense of US national interests and you guys are all atwitter.

Dead is dead my friend.

Also, talk to people about the "TRAINING EXERCISES" causing death during the Cold War.

A lot of them were combat/recon casualties that couldn't be reported as such because on the books we had no war.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Amazing the ridiculous lengths these sheep will go to to justify the fact that Bush's War has killed more Americans than Al Qaeda did on 9/11, many of whom were killed because he appointed incompetent people, and did not provide proper equipment, or training, or rest, for our troops, until the Democrats forced him to do so.

We're now paying militant Iraqis not to kill our troops, while our own economy is going down the drain.

Regardl;ess of what happens over there, the vast concensus among foreing policy experts is that invading Iraq, was the worst foreing policy decision in history, and the prosecution of this war, under this Commander and Chief, has been the worst fiasco in American History.

Nothing will ever change that.

Gayle in Md.
So Proud That I Did Not Vote For George Bush!

pooltchr
01-29-2008, 06:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> invading Iraq, was the worst foreing policy decision in history, <hr /></blockquote>

Invading Iraq to remove Saddam was not only justified, but necessary. Staying after that was completed is the result of poor management decisions.
Steve

bamadog
01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Regardl;ess of what happens over there, the vast concensus among foreing policy experts is that invading Iraq, was the worst foreing policy decision in history, and the prosecution of this war, under this Commander and Chief, has been the worst fiasco in American History.

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Who are the foreign policy experts to whom you refer?

LWW
01-30-2008, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Amazing the ridiculous lengths these sheep will go to to justify the fact that Bush's War has killed more Americans than Al Qaeda did on 9/11, many of whom were killed because he appointed incompetent people, and did not provide proper equipment, or training, or rest, for our troops, until the Democrats forced him to do so.

Gayle in Md.
So Proud That I Did Not Vote For George Bush! <hr /></blockquote>
My Gawd where do you get this shiite from! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just to show how vacuous you truly are:

-The US Army is today the finest trained in the world.
-The US military that went to war was almost exclusively enlisted and trained under Clinton ... we don't draft sweetheart so the army did exist before Bush took office.
-The materiel used was almost exclusively ordered and/or put on the shelf prior to Bush.

Now, everybody ...

... and a one ...

... and a two ...

... and a B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! ... B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! ... B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH!

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C-!

And seditious.

LWW &lt;---So proud I was taught to recognize partisan rants!

Gayle in MD
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
No it wasn't. It was not justified, and it was not necessary. It was stupid, careless and completely ridiculous. Saddam was not a threat. Invading Iraq has energized the taliban, and al Qaeda, and increased terrorists, and terrorist attacks. It has ruined our reputation around the world, and emboldened our enemies. It has cost over four thousands lives, and created trillions in debt, to potential enemies. It was the worst foreign policy decision in history. Four our of five Americans believe that, and 16 National Intelligence Agencies. You are quite wrong, and only those who live in denial think as you do.

Gayle in Md.

LWW
01-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Now, everybody ...

... and a one ...

... and a two ...

... and a B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! ... B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! ... B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH!

LWW &lt;---So proud that my Momma taught me to see through a partisan rant.

bamadog
01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> It has ruined our reputation around the world, and emboldened our enemies.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

That's funny, these "emboldened enemies" haven't been able to mount an attack on the US in over 6 years.
I wonder why?

LWW
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
You have to remember you are expecting logic from a partyite who believes Jimmy Carter singlehandedly won the cold war by defeating the Soviets.

Yes folks, in his weater with the temp turned down Jimmy curled up in the fetal position obn the floor striking fear into the hearts of the evil empire.

It really is pathetic, and evn more so that they actually have a small cult following ... but of course so did Jim Jones and Charley Manson.

Oh, I forgot, Saint Albert of Green Acres and the Goremons.

LWW

heater451
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> The earliest I can verify is my grandfather, but I believe it was Samuel Clemens.

LWW <hr /></blockquote>Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain is also acredited as saying, ""There are three types of lies - lies, damn lies, and statistics."

(I know, I know, not the point of the thread, but distantly related.)

========================

LWW
01-31-2008, 05:40 AM
True dat!

LWW

wolfdancer
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
yada, yada, yada.......