PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Obama's speech

Drop1
01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I think we got the right words,in their right order,delivered in his best form. What we did not get,were solutions.This should stand as one of the best speeches of the early nineteen sixties.

Gayle in MD
01-29-2008, 02:09 AM
I find nothing but drama and rhetoric in Obama. I can't believe the support he has. I don't think he is nearly as bright, and hard working, as Hillary. I'd vote for Edwards before I'd vote for Obama. I find him arrogant, and phoney.
I also haven't heard Bill Clinton say a single thing about Obama, that I found to be unfair, or racist. I think it's a myth, created by the right wing press.

BTW, can you think of any network or cable newscasters that you believe are from the left? I used to think Chris Mathews was a lefty, but not anymore.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
01-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Keith Olbermann! (did I win the prize?)

BTW, not that it matters, Keith is the balance to Bill O'reilly... and etc.

Sack

LWW
01-29-2008, 05:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>I also haven't heard Bill Clinton say a single thing about Obama, that I found to be unfair, or racist. I think it's a myth, created by the right wing press.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>
That's funny.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Although Keith does an eloquent job of exposing all the lies of the Bush Administration, and Faux Noise, I'm not so sure he is actually what I would call left wing press. I've heard him go after the Democratic Congress, too.

I honestly cannot come up with a list of left wing press, commentators. I'm not talking about those people who are obvious supporters of Democrats, but of actual media people, with their own shows son either cable, or network.

Now, I could name many many from the right. But other than NPR, who can we come up with? Dobbs is an independent.

Gayle in Md....sorry, no prize, just exposing the reality that the right, has bought up the media, and uses it to spread propaganda for the right. Even C-Span's commentators, are righties.