PDA

View Full Version : Inv of words used n the State of the Union Address

S0Noma
01-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Speeches since 2001.

This inventory was published by the NYT. You can see what the Bush Administration wants us to think about (and what not to think about) by reference to this graph. Also, check the Presidentís plummeting approval ratings at the bottom of the chart.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/29/washington/0129-nat-webWORDS.jpg

bamadog
01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
And your point is?

hondo
01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Good post. Says a lot for those who can think.

LWW
01-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Then you should have no problem explaining the point?

Obviously the OP couldn't, or they wouldn't have done a post and run.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
And your point is?
don't worry about it...the rest of us understood it.

bsmutz
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
They didn't teach those on the right how to read a graph? Or was it that they weren't paying attention in school? I think it's the latter since they still don't pay attention very well. Poor buggers. If only they had diagnosed these pathetic societal outcasts with ADHD back when they were little children they might have been saved from a life of ridicule and the attendant desperate need for approval from others that seems to stay just beyond their grasp. But alas, they were born into the wrong era.

wolfdancer
01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
desperate need for approval from others that seems to stay just beyond their grasp

that sure seems to fir here, in a couple of cases.....

LWW
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Son, I can outgraph you any day.

The question was, what was SONoma trying to prove with the graph?

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Very Telling. bin Laden, only four times since 9/11. Pathetic! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Oh, and btw, can you post this in sheep language? The sheepnuts gallary doesn't seem to get it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
One down.

LWW

bsmutz
01-30-2008, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> The question was, what was SONoma trying to prove with the graph?<hr /></blockquote>
Goooolllly, Gomer, let me put on ma thinkin' cap here...
Why, I think I done figured it out. I think it may have something to do with the writing above the inserted pictograph. Naw, that can't be it. It's just too darn obvious. Must be some kind of agenda or worse, a cornspiracy. That's what it is, a conspiracy to totally befuddle LWW and Bamadog and gee, I think it worked! They both appear to be totally confused by the whole thing. Ain't they special!