PDA

View Full Version : Can i have your prayers again Please???????

cueball1950
01-30-2008, 01:37 AM
everybody;
I am a little late posting this on here. I did post it on another forum hoping that someone that posts on both would post it here for me....A week ago yesterday (monday), my wife Barbara was again transferred by ambulance back to Albany Medical Hospital for not being responsive. I gave her her medications at 10PM like always and about 10:45 i heard her gasping, choking. When i went in to check on her she was drooling from the side of her mouth & could not open her eyes and could not talk. I called 911 right away and had an ambulance come get her and take her back to the hospital. She was in a comatose state. (that is the only way i can describe it, since she was not acknowledging anybody and not responding to anything) It all apparently all started because she had not moved her bowels only once in 10 days and her medications backed up on her causing this problem. Please believe me when i say that this was totally unintentional. She was in the hospital for 5 days and the Doctors there have since changed and or canceled a lot of her meds.
We, the children and myself, have decided that this in all likely hood will be her last hospital stay since the Doctors she has have flat out told us that there is nothing further that they can do except to treat her symptomatically. (ie; pain killers for pain etc) Her wish is to pass here at home in her own bed. And we all feel that we must honor her last wishes. i have her health care proxy and her power of attorney and will. So just about everything is in order when her time does eventually come I want to thank all of you in advance for your prayers and to apologize for not being a more active participant on this board. But i do lurk just about everyday for a couple of seconds......mike

sack316
01-30-2008, 03:52 AM
As always you've got it buddy. I hope everything can resolve itself as peacefully and painlessly as possible. If there were any right words to say to you right now, I know myself and everyone else here would be rushing to say them to ya. Just know you've got a ton of people here to talk to if ya need it, and if you'd like feel free to PM me for my phone number if you just need to chat with someone "outside" of the situation.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. And please, when and if you have time, keep us posted on what's going on.

Sack

Deeman3
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM
You are in all our prayers, Mike. God bless you.

LWW
01-30-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm with you my friend.

LWW

Deeman3
01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Mike,

Situations like your's show how petty some of the other things we discuss on here really are. Sometimes all we have are our faith and friends and please know you have many people here, dispite our differences, that are pulling for you to have the best outcome possible.

Again, God bless you, your wife and family.

SKennedy
01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I am so sorry Mike for you and your family. You are in my prayers. God bless you, your wife, and your children.
Steve

cueball1950
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
thanks for the replies and prayers..they are very much needed.........mike