PDA

View Full Version : Lottery winnings

Tom_In_Cincy
08-04-2002, 10:48 AM
Would you open a pool hall if you won the lottery..

I think, besides Barbara, most of us would consider it.. but then again.. I don't know.. if that's what I would do. I do like the idea of owning a minor league baseball team... better.. love the game.. starting to wonder if the owners and players remember that.

PQQLK9
08-04-2002, 10:56 AM
NO!

08-04-2002, 11:03 AM
well, i'm somehow reminded of the story of the reporter who went to find an old farmer who had just won 3-million in the lottery.

the young reporter earnestly asked the farmer what he would do with the money and the old man looked at him and simply said:

"well, i figure i'll just keep on farmin till it's all gone."

pool halls are like boats. you are guranteed 2 happiest days; buying it and selling it and the one thing better'n ownin one is havin a friend who does.

dan

Doctor_D
08-04-2002, 11:12 AM
Good afternoon:

While in Binghamton, New York, seeing that the current NY Lottery Jackpot is worth $33 Million, I purchased 20 quick picks.

The drawaing is One (1) day before my birthday, wish me luck!

If I hit, Dotor D's Billiard Club will open with-in One (1) year !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Harold Acosta
08-04-2002, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Would you open a pool hall if you won the lottery..
<hr></blockquote>

No way Jose!

I would travel around the world to see Strickland messing up tournaments and heckling him!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Maybe you could split it with him so he can afford a guaranteed Charm School..

Tom_In_Cincy
08-04-2002, 04:04 PM
"D".

Don't forget to have that "Business Plan" ready..... LOL

08-04-2002, 04:39 PM
Hell yeah I would.
**That's something I've thought about doing even though I haven't won the lotto. I've gone so far as to make up plans for the place...(honestly). The dream of me opening an awesome room and getting further into debt....Wow!
--- OH DAMN, DID I SAY DEBT???
Oh well,.... my own room would be nice though.
--I just can't stop smiling now... LOL. See what you started?.... LOL.

Snooky

08-04-2002, 05:31 PM
Well sure I'd open a pool room if I won the lottery...that is, if I wanted to work for a living...but then why would I want to work for a living if I'd just won the lottery?

So I guess the answer is no.

Now Tom, if you asked about a Krispy Kreme franchise...well that's a whole nuther ball game.

Fran

Harold Acosta
08-04-2002, 05:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Maybe you could split it with him so he can afford a guaranteed Charm School..
<hr></blockquote>

[b]Hey Tom, your right! Anything for the betterment of his public relations!

Doctor_D
08-04-2002, 05:36 PM
Good evening:

Fran, I said I would open a room. Never said I would work there ( lolol )

Dr. D.

Barbara
08-04-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm sure Dr. D has a BUNCH of plans!!!

Good luck Diana!!

Barbara

Barbara
08-04-2002, 06:49 PM
Tom,

Damn Skippy I would open a pool room if I won a big enough lottery. I've seen what the good ones do and why they've succeeded and have learned from what the ones that have closed and from what had happened.
This doesn't make me a marketing genius, but I do have a thought or two on how to get by.

Now what happened to that thread I originally posted to???

Barbara~~~&gt;?

Troy
08-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Do I hear you saying you advocate absentee ownership ??
Or that ownership requires no work ???

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good evening:

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

Kato
08-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Nope, but I'd give the money to Voodoo so he could. Guarantee he would get that place to rock. Hey Steve, if I ponied up the dough could I get free pool time?

Kato~~~the sit around at home on my butt rich type. Of course, I'm the sit around at home on my butt poor type too./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
08-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Tom, no I would not. I can find enough problems without having to pay for them. With that kind of money I'm sure I could find better things to do. Traveling around and meeting fellow CCB members sounds like fun! I would have some kind of business though.

Chris Cass
08-04-2002, 11:07 PM
If Kato, wins I want a Dennis Searing cue on my door step. If Voodoo wins, I want a Omen cue on my door step. If I win, adios I'm outta here. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~just kidding, still thinking about it.....

Voodoo Daddy
08-05-2002, 12:03 AM
Searings and Omens for everyone! If Kato ponied the dough up I would charge him half rates...HAHAHAHA. I know its not me to be serious but I'm gonna really tell the sencere{sp}.
If I hit the lotto I would never open a pool room. Every year when my yearly check would come I would set one of my friends up in a Wendy's or McDoanlds so the cash would be ever-flowing. I would expect nothing in return except my initial investment...see thats a life gift. Pool Room...no way, GOLF COURSE, maybe another story.

DEADSTOKE32
08-06-2002, 08:10 PM
IF I HIT THE LOTTO THE FIRST THING IS TO GO UP TO NYC AND GET THE FAMILY MOVED OUT OF NY. AND GO ON A LONG LONG LONG ,"DID I SAY LONG" VACATION AROUND THE WORLD.PLAYING POOL.
AND GETTING HIGH.AND WE ALL KNOW THERE IS NO DRUG TESTING WHEN U R RICH .
"O SORRY" WOULD I OPEN A POOL ROOM YES.24hrs 7 DAYS .ALL ROAD PLAYERS WELCOME WITH A PLACE 2 SLEEP IN THE BACK .AND SHOWERS 2. CAUSE YOU CAN SMELL AFTER PLAYING FOR 4 DAY ...
SO YES IS THE ANSWER............................

Chris Cass
08-07-2002, 12:25 AM
Hi Tom,

Funny, I gave some serious thought. I've always wanted a pool room. Too bad now days you need a liquor licence to make it. I've always wanted a pool room with about 10 tables and one little radio with one speaker. Carpet and table one by the door would be in top condition.

Nobody but money players and good players only for that table. Players that only treat the table like gold. One tv and as long as the pool hall was open it would play only pool videos.

Only players over 18 allowed. I would sell some memberships and players with that membership would be allowed to play anytime after hrs. They would have a key of there own. One time price for the yr. They would be responsible for the equipment and condition of the ph and yes the honor system.

Nothing fancy, just pool. I would however let some young ones in that showed honest interest in learning how to shoot. I also would have pros come in for visits and teachers for clinics throughout the yr.

Tournaments once a mth. I would shoot everyday, all day. Anyone wanting balls? Help your self. I also would sell cokes in the machine only in the little bottles. Some candy bars, icecream bars and platforms for chairs so you can see at a higher level.

Hourly rate only and anyone abusing the equipment? One warning then your out of there. Once a mth I'd have a juniors open tournament, 14 and under. Sponsor the junior tournament events. Teach some pool edicate to our youth for free.

HAHAHAHA, probably lose my butt,

C.C.~~look out Vegas hahahaha

Rod
08-07-2002, 01:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA !!!!!! HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

loose your butt, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Well C.C. you wouldn't be in it for the money! But you hit the lottery so you have the doe anyway. LOL

~~~wonders if C.C. fell off his high chair as a young lad

MikeM
08-07-2002, 10:33 AM
You bet.

My wife is currently working on her MBA. She has to do a capstone project - similar to a thesis - by next year. The project will be to plan a business. She has already agreed that the business plan will be for a pool hall in our area, so as soon as I hit the lottery I will have Dr. D review the business plan and put it into action. I would only do it if I had someone I trust to manage it for me so that I could play pool as much as I want.

MM

Chris Cass
08-07-2002, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr>
~~~wonders if C.C. fell off his high chair as a young lad <hr></blockquote>

Hi Rod,

Growing up with 5 sisters and one other brother. We didn't own a high chair. Dad and mom would throw scraps on the floor and the strong got to eat. hahahahaha Only kidding about the floor thing. I do remember my uncle once brought over some Hostess cup cakes and we were so hungry. It was like my manors got really good. lol

I was hit in the back of the head from a flying bottle once. Bled like a stuck pig. I was just reminiscing of my childhood pool hall. Come to think of it, he went out of business too.

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm losing it......hahaa

08-07-2002, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rod:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
~~~wonders if C.C. fell off his high chair as a young lad &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Hi Rod,

Growing up with 5 sisters and one other brother. We didn't own a high chair. Dad and mom would throw scraps on the floor and the strong got to eat. hahahahaha Only kidding about the floor thing. I do remember my uncle once brought over some Hostess cup cakes and we were so hungry. It was like my manors got really good. lol

I was hit in the back of the head from a flying bottle once. Bled like a stuck pig. I was just reminiscing of my childhood pool hall. Come to think of it, he went out of business too.

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm losing it......hahaa <hr></blockquote>

Hi Chris, you made me think about my chidhood. I had 5 brothers and 4 sisters and feeding us left no money for anything else,LOL. We had all the boys in one bedroom and all the girls in thier room, we boys used to un screw the lightbulb at bed time and have a little pillow fight. The weaker ones where always the first ones willing to go to bed,LOL. We did have enough wood though to build our own pool table, but we weren't granted a liquior license til years later LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. Terry

Doctor_D
08-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Good afternoon:

The current New York Lottery Jackpot is $33 million. I have 20 tickets, wish me luck!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

08-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Good Luck!.... Ditto for me??? heh... dollar and a dream.... you'd think I'd be rich by now if that were true. Ditto for everyone else too. LOL.

Snooky

Rich R.
08-07-2002, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon:

The current New York Lottery Jackpot is $33 million. I have 20 tickets, wish me luck!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>
Good luck Dr. D. I look forward to playing pool in your room.
I won the lottery once, but I decided not to open a pool room. Of course, I only won $2. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.~~~see you soon.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-07-2002, 05:08 PM
We share similar dreams.. I actually was looking at some property in the 80s in Downtown Memphis. A 3 story building that had super thick hardwood floors made out of 4x4 posts that were connected by huge tie rods from wall to wall. The parque effect was on all three floors and about 2 foot thick. Solid ROCK solid.

The plan was to have a commercial room on the 1st floor, to pay the monthly bills. The 2nd floor was for club members only. Cue lockers, that would also hold your bottles.

And, I would live on the third floor that had a roof that over looked the Mississippi river.

This building was for sale in 1980 for $135,000... damn.. if only I had the courage..

Got married instead and had children... wondering what life would have offered different had I bought that building.. ?

08-08-2002, 08:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> Do I hear you saying you advocate absentee ownership ??
Or that ownership requires no work ???

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Doctor_D:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Good evening:

Dr. D.
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; <hr></blockquote>

No Troy, you hear her saying she'll be leaning back enjoying the view while Lorri works! Not so very different from life now, eh D?