PDA

View Full Version : GO GIANTS!!!!

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Hell yeah!!
Had a helluva Superbowl party yesterday-kegs,food,yelling & screaming-Oh what a night!
Way to go,Giants-
Super UNDERDOGS!!!!!
Jack, sorry for Amber ,your orangutan /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol
ps-I know this should be in nonpoolrelated,but Im afraid to post anything there-its all about politics!
Have a great day!:):):)

Deeman3
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Congratulations NY. This was the finest Super Bowl I have ever seen and the most deserved win I can remember. Wonder what it is in that manning clan that makes 'em such clutch players?

Best finish in footbal ever.

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Hiya Deeman,
My daughter and her boyfriend rent the 3 bedroom apartment below my house-corner house,big property-~30 diehard Giants fans-2 kegs,6 ft. heros,etc.... and I ordered this BIG football shaped red-velvet cake-and Im a maniac when I watch football,ha ha ha- it was like New Years-I dont drink,it was a natural high-OMG-
They just had to keep that pressure on Brady and they did!
Woo-hoooooo!
Carol~still high /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
LOL, I bet there are about 10 million New Yorkers who do drink with headaches this morning! You are right, the pressure on Brady was the key. I have never seen such a great defensive effort in my life. Despite Manning's great game, I wish there was a way to give the MVP to the entire defensive line.

It all looked shaky at the end but that last drive was what legends are made from.

Glad you had such a great night. Stay out of New England for a few weeks.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats Carol! I was pleased the Giants won, just to preserve the '72 Dolphins legacy. Yes I know they had an easy schedule. I won money on this game. I took the Giants and 12 points. I was surprised that the spread was so high after how close they played before. I was at a party as well and had a great time.
See you soon!

Duane

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I won money on this game <hr /></blockquote>
Way to go,Duane!!!!!
Actually, I blew out this party for Joe,my daughters boyfriend-he had a tough year-lost his bestfriend to cancer (26 yrs. old) a few months ago,so....I went above and beyond /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifThe Giants winning was the icing on the cake-red velvet-Joes favorite!!!!
I dont have a son, but I'd be proud to call him my son -

Other GREAT news, after two years of raising my grandson,they have their own place-nearby-Im ecstatic-
Back to pool!:):):)
Hey, Jims building the new Yankee stadium-if he picks up a couple of hats, I'll bring you one when I see you at SBE,okay?

Carol

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wish there was a way to give the MVP to the entire defensive line <hr /></blockquote>
Absolutely-the Patriots are a damn good team-I like the way they play

[ QUOTE ]
Stay out of New England for a few weeks <hr /></blockquote>
Ha ha ha-I love Massachusetts-spent most of childhood summers at grandmas /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take care!
Carol

SpiderMan
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Congratulations NY. This was the finest Super Bowl I have ever seen and the most deserved win I can remember. Wonder what it is in that manning clan that makes 'em such clutch players?

Best finish in footbal ever. <hr /></blockquote>

Archie's from Ole Miss.

SpiderMan

Deeman3
02-04-2008, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Congratulations NY. This was the finest Super Bowl I have ever seen and the most deserved win I can remember. Wonder what it is in that manning clan that makes 'em such clutch players?

Archie's from Ole Miss.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Like I would not know that! I watched him in Memphis Memorial Stadium playing against Tiger High. I remember how he would throw the ball almost as he hit the ground and complete the pass. Great college player. Do you remember Tennessee's Steve Kiner saying "Archie Who?" that line got the Vols whooped. I spent the weekend with Kiner and Jack Reynolds later on a recruiting trip and Steve said an assistant coach had given him that line. Not a good move.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

BigRigTom
02-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Congratulations NY, the Giants and CarolNYC!
It was a great game and an amazing finsih too.

I am a Bears fan and lived in Chicago for 25 years. When the Bears won in 86 we all went nuts so I know what you mean about that NATURAL HIGH!

What makes it even better for NY is that NO ONE gave them much of a chance of winning that game and the Giants did it anyway. That feat will go down in football history!

I'm all smiles for you Carol!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
That's the last time I let an ape make a monkey out of me. I've warned all my friends about her and her picks...an Amber alert....
Worst thing is I watched the game at the pool tournament, and had some drunken Giants fan trying to hi-five me on every good play..
Still don't know how Eli escaped with a guy hanging onto his jersey, and got the pass off...great catch as well. Brady came off as a hero as well, getting the touchdown on their last drive.....good game!!!

catscradle
02-04-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm not much of a football fan, but I thought with the exception of 10 minutes it was a lousy game. I thought the Pat's offensive line must have read the press clippings and figure if they just showed up it was good enough. Brady definitely look off too (beyond the amount the Giants put him off).
I feel bad for a couple of my sons though, but I checked and a suicide watch isn't necessary.
My only real regret about it is now we're in for a year of Eli/Peyton TV commercials. ESPN already has a dumb one out already with Eli and Peyton on a tour of their studios acting like a couple little kid brothers kicking and pinching each other behind the adult's backs. This is going to get boring. The ad guys may even be really obnoxious and throw Archie into the mix.

I'm pulling for an Eli/Peyton super bowl next year with Eli winning. Won't happen, but ....

I'm also pulling for the Patriots developing a more all around game. I'm old-school and think a winning game starts with defense and rushing.

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the last time I let an ape make a monkey out of me.............. some drunken Giants fan trying to hi-five me on every good play..
<hr /></blockquote>
Jack,
Your cracking me up,ha ha ha!
I think Eli throws too "wild" where Bradys ,right on the money!
I like the way Eli talks,but,hell,I like any accent except NY:)
Carol

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Tom:)
[ QUOTE ]
even better for NY is that NO ONE gave them much of a chance of winning <hr /></blockquote>
It was a nailbiter and I was hoping they werent going to go into the game with that "just glad to be here" attitude,that they better fight for it,ya know?
Im telling you,they lucked out cause I REALLY like the way the Patriots play-they are strong!
Now Modells is trying to get rights to make a shirt 18:1-the stores are going NUTS here /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I loved the commercial with the dalmation training the Clydesdale to the rocky tune and the geckos/lizards dancing to thriller,ha ha ha ha!
I think the ads are one of the best part,ha ha ha!
Have a great day Tom and Im always rooting for ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Got to keep that "POSITIVE!!!!"
Carol

pooltchr
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> ,but,hell,I like any accent except NY:)
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Y'all jes come on down to Caroliner any ol time...I'll give ya all ya cin handle! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

14oneman
02-04-2008, 05:07 PM

<hr /></blockquote>

Next to "The Ice Bowl", that is!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Steve,
I hear you each time you write and could listen to you all day: /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Imagine:
We're going AWN a bus ride to the THE-AIR-DA to see a movie about zombie CADAVA's and we'll drink MELK-
Oh,the horror.....
Carol~will one day take speech lessons,fuhgeddaboudit!!!!!

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"The Ice Bowl <hr /></blockquote>
I didnt know what that was, and had to look it up-amazing!
Carol

CarolNYC
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pat's offensive line must have read the press clippings and figure if they just showed up <hr /></blockquote>
The Giants upped their defense,finally - /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Last time they played the Patriots, the Giants offensive line was ridiculous /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Carol~was screaming "protect your man!

Bambu
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Theres been a serious drought around here, since 2000 I think. It feels good to win it, what an awesome game!

SKennedy
02-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I was pulling for the PATS and wanted them to go undefeated and match Miami of old. However, it was a great game and when Eli had the ball with less than 2 minutes remaining I did not believe he could get the job done and really expected him to choke and throw an interception. He didn't. He did great. But, don't forget the Giant's defense. That's who kept them in this game so that Eli could have this chance.
No doubt about it.....NY was the better team on Super Bowl Sunday! Congratulations to them!

dg-in-centralpa
02-05-2008, 01:26 PM
The Giants defense just had their way with Brady. I was surprised the Pats didn't do a better job of protecting Brady. Now that they lost, Brady and Moss won't play in the Pro Bowl. Sore losers?

DG

SKennedy
02-05-2008, 01:33 PM
By the way....PA is a really nice state. Too bad Philly is not part of NJ....it would make PA that much nicer. I use to travel the main east-west turnpike thru the state going from Chicago to Philly and Philly area about 2 to 3 times each year for about 5 years. We always enjoyed the trip..even in the snow and ice. Beautiful country. Have a good friend who is a pharmacist in north central rural PA.

Sorry for getting off subject tract.....

CarolNYC
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Bambu,
Yes, NY needed it!
My younger brothers a ESU cop-brought Joe to Manhatten to meet with him for that cityhall ceremony-(brother had the detail)-from my house to Manhatten,23 miles,1 hr. 45 min-from Manhatten to my house,23 miles,over 2 hours-UNBELIEVABLE!

Carol~still happy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
All of us Dolphins are rejoicing together with the Giants. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

SKennedy
02-06-2008, 10:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> All of us Dolphins are rejoicing together with the Giants. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

A sports commentator was mentioning their (Dolphins) names from that team the other day. I had forgotten quite a few of them, but the memories (Mercury Morris, etc.) came flooding back. They were a great team during a time when there was no limit to the amount of money that could be spent. Their annual celebration for retaining their record just came much later this year than normal.
Tell Philly hello for me.....great pizza, cheese-steak or italian sausage hoagie....Broad Street.....but all-in-all I'm glad to be back in Texas.
You'll find this funny, but I was helping someone last night on their banking and thought of you. You know how poor I am on banking, but while showing my teammate (level 3) the finer arts of banking I was perfect and could not miss. His biggest problem relative to banking is that he sucks at it and tries to bank when he should be cutting anyway.

eg8r
02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I am worn out on Philly. I spent about 4 months up there throughout last year. While I still love a great cheesesteak (whiz, no onions please) I don't mind having one at home instead of travelling to Philly every week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif [ QUOTE ]
His biggest problem relative to banking is that he sucks at it and tries to bank when he should be cutting anyway. <hr /></blockquote> I believe that is my same problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

SKennedy
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am worn out on Philly. I spent about 4 months up there throughout last year. While I still love a great cheesesteak (whiz, no onions please) I don't mind having one at home instead of travelling to Philly every week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
His biggest problem relative to banking is that he sucks at it and tries to bank when he should be cutting anyway. <hr /></blockquote> I believe that is my same problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Not when they bank as well as you. And, I don't remember you banking often when there was a viable alternative. What I was most impressed with was not so much your ability to bank as it was your tremendous confidence and how you banked with such authority. Even highly skilled players I watch don't bank with such confidence.
No grilled onions? What a wuss!!
I'm sure Philly has changed so much since I was there. I left there just about the time they finished filming "Rocky." (The first one!) Star Wars had also jusy been released. My wife had seen it and told me how good it was but I had not interest in watching it. I finally saw it about 3 years later and she was right....as usual!
During a mass transit strike I had to walk from about where the Spectrum is (or use to be?) all they way to Temple Univ., which was located just north of the immediate downtown area.....6.5 miles one-way down Broad Street. The great thing about it was the bars were open even at 6:30 a.m.

wolfdancer
02-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I can't wait for this thread to die.....****&amp;^#@ NY Giants...
ain't been this mad, since they knocked the Joe Montana led 49'rs out of the playoffs...

eg8r
02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No grilled onions? What a wuss!!
<hr /></blockquote> Yep, no onions for me. I even screwed up the order, I said, "whiz, no onions please" and it really should be ordered as "whiz, without". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
During a mass transit strike I had to walk from about where the Spectrum is (or use to be?) all they way to Temple Univ., which was located just north of the immediate downtown area.....6.5 miles one-way down Broad Street. The great thing about it was the bars were open even at 6:30 a.m.
<hr /></blockquote> That is funny. My first trip there was Feb last year and the first thing I heard on the news was about some guy that walked in on a meeting of Presidents and CEOs of some corporation (over near the docks) and shot everyone up. I could not believe it and then was wondering what type of place I was travelling to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
wolfie say it ain't so, you are a Patriots fan? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif We really are on the opposite sides of many areas of discussion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Ed, I have lived 8 years in the Boston area, 3 in Boston itself. the Celts, Bruins, Red Sox, and the Patriots...all teams that I have a history with, as a fan.

SKennedy
02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Joe Montana...still the best ever....I remember with fondness and anxiety (Cowboy fan) the days when Montana, Staubach and Bradshaw were doing battle against each other. Staubach was my hero, Bradshaw is still one of the most underrated QB's ever....but Montana is the greatest so far....at leading a team to victory and being a general on the field. He was never the best athelete, but he had something much more important.

eg8r
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Very cool, you always have to support the home team, I understand completely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Ed, I should have written ...previously lived....most of my fondest sports memories revolve around Boston teams...including of course, BYU against Miami

wolfdancer
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I was fortunate enough to live in the Bay Area during the Montana era....Joe might not have been the "best athlete" but he did have that "je ne sais quoi".

eg8r
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BYU against Miami <hr /></blockquote> You are a sadist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

kevinkin
02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
As a Giant season ticket holder I have seen Eli close up. I always told the nay sayers "surround him with a good defence and running game and he can win a Superbowl." But even I was surprised it came so soon. The Giants are very young with many rookies making key plays in the playoffs.
The future looks bright for Big Blue.