PDA

View Full Version : BigRigTom & others!

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 08:41 AM
All I can say is "WOW"-yesterday I spent the day outdoors because of the unusally warm weather 61-I come back here and am BLOWN AWAY by all the wonderful responses,new people ,old people-its like the board did a 360-its absolutely refreshing-
I do not want to bring up old post(because Jack is sick of the Giants /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif), so,thanks for Giants faith, thanks Dr JoeW for your response and everyone elses there-its awesome-
We all have a common denominator and thats the love of POOL-this is what a chatrooms all about-

1TIME-I thought your response to the meucci selling tomahawk guy was excellent-you advised him insteading of frowning upon him trying to sell something-belief in humanity!!!!

Now,
BigRigTom-he made a bet with someone and sent me that bet,along with a card,but,he forgot "I" had his back -he is a man of his "WORD" a real gentlemen,so, to keep the pressure on him,Im sending him something,I dont know what yet-I have some things around-so Tom,for your next match,Kick butt and good things will come,otherwise Im going to send you a whoopie cushion to sit on /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Great job everyone and have a nice day!
Carol~liking all the personalities /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BigRigTom
02-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Carol, you are a wonderful positive influence on this board and I am sure the same can be said of all things you are involved in.
You are just reaping what you have previously sowed.
I now feel like a kid again with all kinds of new stuff to learn about in the world of pool & billiards.

Some one else on this board said that it seems like the better one plays pool the nicer a person they seem to be. There must be truth in that comparison because I keep meeting the nicest people because of my love of the game and the better I get the nicer the people I meet.

Thanks again for all your encourgagement and I DID NOT forget thay you had my back...I just forget to mention it in the card. Thanks for that vote of confidence as well.

bradb
02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
You're a class act Carol!

Deeman3
02-07-2008, 10:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> You're a class act Carol!
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> ...and damned good looking and smart, and friendly and helpful and nice! all wrapped up in a pool player...who woulda thunk it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Carol,
Are you having your charity tournament for the firefighters again?

Duane

eg8r
02-07-2008, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is "WOW"-yesterday I spent the day outdoors because of the unusally warm weather 61-I come back here and am BLOWN AWAY by all the wonderful responses,new people ,old people-its like the board did a 360-its absolutely refreshing-
<hr /></blockquote> Well, I decided to spend a little more time on the pool side of the board. I left the pool side due to a thousand posts about what the best cue is and who was playing with what tips. Lo and behold not much has changed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is great seeing you on the board and I look forward to meeting you.

eg8r &lt;~~been back over here for a few days and found out others agree with me, I am no shortstop. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SKennedy
02-07-2008, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> You're a class act Carol!
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> ...and damned good looking and smart, and friendly and helpful and nice! all wrapped up in a pool player...who woulda thunk it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Carol, I know nothing about you. But, I'll take Deeman's word for it that you are all of the above..

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Carol is a very special person. Her heart is as big as gold and she gives wonderful hugs. That's one of the reasons I go to Valley Forge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

SKennedy
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
You're already in PA!! The real question is whether or not the hugs are worth a trip from Texas to Valley Forge? What's that honey?? My wife says it's only worth it to her for me to go and spend the gas or plane trip money if someone else will keep me for awhile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey everyone,
I really appreciate ALL of you and your words,but I wrote this to spotlight YOU GUYS,not me-okay?
I honestly smile EVERYDAY when I read your experiences,knowledge,humor,so my thanks goes out to YOU all-
Theres one thing I admire in people and thats "genuine kindness" and its HERE!
Thanks-lets carry on /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I now feel like a kid again <hr /></blockquote>
Well, with that being said, I sent out a package today to you-there are 3 WPBA photos,two are autographed,one isnt-theres a book written by Dawn Hopkins-"Kids learn to play pool"-check out the illustrations-I LMAO when she was writing it-for instance,on breaking, the balls are racked and the headball has his fingers in his ears with this screaming face-or on etiquette,she has 2 sharks swimming around-tell me what you think,also some other stuff-so, hope you enjoy and it inspires you to know someones rooting for ya!

Have a great day!
Carol

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is great seeing you on the board and I look forward to meeting you.
<hr /></blockquote>
I can't wait,Ed /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey Duane,
Its actually the BURN center-NY presbyterian-started by the firefighters-
Since Nov. I've been waiting for an okay from Rob&amp;Joe who own the poolhall,but they're not doing good-now the place is closed during the day and opened in evenings-it use to open at 2pm-so, if they're going to close down or something,I'll have to find a new place and thats difficult -I have the the hook HERE with the hotel rooms,the fire dept will transport all my players, but I*'ll have to find a poolhall who will be willing to do what Rob &amp; Joe did and I NEED it to be the same quality or better-I wont settle for anything less, you know-the players are ready-even Gerda and Allison mentioned to me in Oregon-soooooooo,Im like at a standstill-but I'll pull something off-after Superbilliards,I'll work on something /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thanks for asking!
Carol

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Deeman,
See,you have me smiling,Im just a big ,silly kid /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Brad,
No, YOU ARE!
Carol

CarolNYC
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Don't believe him-don't believe him /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
allright now, lets get back to pool and the stories!
Thanks so much,again!
Carol

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Bring the wife along and she'll get one as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yes the hugs are worth the trip. Ask anyone who has gotten one.

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigRigTom
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
OK, Carol you are too much.
Now you have me anxiously waiting for the mail to come and believe me I have NOT looked forward to the mail since I was a little kid waiting for my 1st secret decoder ring or actually I do remember waiting by the mail box on the days when I would get the latest issue of "Superman".

I don't suppose anyone else had a subscription to "Superman" from DC Comics.

I will definitely get back to you after I look over the photos and book etc.....I am now humbled that you would take the time and spend the effort to do something like that.

I will also look forward to seeing you in those winner brackets, you have another fan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif