PDA

View Full Version : NY State Championship update!

CarolNYC
08-04-2002, 02:33 PM
7th/8th-Myself & Sueyen Rhee
5th/6th-Liz Schwartzreich&Jennifer Baretta
The qualifying spot goes to Gail Boyd, who is now playing Julie Kelly-and Karen Corr is playing Kim Shaw!
Have a nice day!
Carol

Rip
08-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Way to go Carol!! A bear hug is in order!!! fugggettaboutit! LOL, Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> 7th/8th-Myself &amp; Sueyen Rhee
5th/6th-Liz Schwartzreich&amp;Jennifer Baretta
The qualifying spot goes to Gail Boyd, who is now playing Julie Kelly-and Karen Corr is playing Kim Shaw!
Have a nice day!
Carol <hr></blockquote>

Doctor_D
08-04-2002, 05:24 PM
Good evening:

Carol, Thanks for the update!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
08-04-2002, 05:28 PM
Thanks Rip,
I really appreciate that!:)
Well the final end result is-can you guess?
KAREN CORR-NYSTATE Champion!A high-five goes out to Karen!
Carol

Rip
08-04-2002, 05:52 PM
But Carol is the "NYC HUGS" champ! Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Thanks Rip,
I really appreciate that!:)
Well the final end result is-can you guess?
KAREN CORR-NYSTATE Champion!A high-five goes out to Karen!
Carol <hr></blockquote>

Barbara
08-04-2002, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the update Girl!! I was looking for results on azbilliards.com but didn't see any.

Barbara~~~has her bet on Karen Corr, toss up between Kim and Julie for 2nd, hoping for Julie...

Vagabond
08-04-2002, 06:53 PM
Howdy carol,
Thanks for the info.This,in my opinion,will help her in her next tournament in Taipae.Tomorrow she is leaving for Taipae,Taiwan.Cheers
PS:spell check for Taipae please.I do not know the real spelling.
Vagabond

08-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Atta girl, Carol. You're almost there.

Fran

08-04-2002, 08:13 PM
If y'all don't feel comfortable responding to this just let the thread die and I'll just crawl into the corner and do the same.

How do y'all feel about Karen Corr competing in this event. I know she's just doing it to keep the competitive juices flowing and she certainly has every right but is it a bit disheartening to know who's waiting for you in the semi's and finals?

Or do you get stoked knowing that you have a chance to beat the best?

I don't know maybe I should not have brought it up, I'm just curious.

Sincerely,

Wally in da Natty

Rod
08-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Carol,
You know when you had a good tournament, it's after sundown!
Congrats on the good finish. Now back to the practice table, coffee break is over./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cuechick
08-04-2002, 10:01 PM
No Wally, I think that is a very valid question. I don't know how Carol feels. But IMO, it 's like Venus Williams showing up to play in a local tennis competiton. It is just absurd! Karen steam rolls through these tournaments, losing at the most 2 or 3 games per match.
It's just silly, her winning is a forgone conclusion...and no one with any sense really believes they might beat her.
I think Karen is a lovely person and I actually would welcome the chance to play her, just for the experiance. But it seems crazy to me that argubally the best female player in the World is in a muggy pool room in upstate NY playing against women who are all fighting for that one elusive oppurtunity. It is hard enough to make a dent as it is, and I think it definalty keeps some players from showing up at all.
I feel the top 16 should be excluded from all regional events, or at the very least the top 10.

Voodoo Daddy
08-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Carol lining them up and shooting them down!!! I'm happy for ya, congrats!! {Voodoo jumps up on his desk and does the "happy dance"}!!

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:27 AM
Hey Rip,
Being from NY,you bet Im thanking God I placed,lol!
Hug,hug,hug,hug.................
Thank-you!
Have a great day!
Carol

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:29 AM
Thanks Voodoo,
Your the best!
Carol

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:31 AM
Barb,
It wasnt on az.billiards because YOU WERENT THERE!We missed you Barb!
Carol~has Barbs magnet&amp;pen from Pocket!:)

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:40 AM
Fran,
Believe me when I say it was your knowledge/training that got me there-I cannot thank you enough! You were with me ALL THE WAY!But, you would have hit me in the head with the cue in my 4th match-UGH-I lost it,ha ha ha ha!Then regained it in the 5th!:)-kept saying my Mantra-not an option!:)THANK YOU FRAN!
See you soon!
Carol

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:52 AM
Wally,
State Championships are OPEN events-all can play-this is a good thing and I'll tell you why!Our goal in playing a Pro-qualifying event is to play a PRO-event-I,personally love when the pros play on the tour because I would rather play them now and see how I do, then win a qualifier and go into a pro event like a bundle of nerves-playing with/against the pros can only build up your self-esteem and improve your game-I've heard girls say "OMG, I dont know if Im ready!" If you play with/against pros NOW, there is no second guessing-your ready! Its just another event!Ya know what Im saying?My hat goes off to any TP/Pro that plays a qualifier-they are the ones who have more to lose-I hope you know what Im saying!
Have a nice day!
Carol:)

Rich R.
08-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Congratulations on a very strong finish Carol. You are in some very good company. Now get back to practice. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:58 AM
Thanks Rod,
After sundown and wiping the sweat off your brow!Also, glad that your deodorant is working,ha ha ha!
Carol~thank God for right guard X-TREME!ha ha ha

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 04:01 AM
Rich,
I DIDNT MISS BIH on the 8! Hooray!But, on the hill, I scratched on the nine,BOOOOOOOOOOO!ha ha ha!
Thanks Rich!
Carol

Rich R.
08-05-2002, 04:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Rich,
I DIDNT MISS BIH on the 8! Hooray!But, on the hill, I scratched on the nine,BOOOOOOOOOOO!ha ha ha!
Thanks Rich!
Carol <hr></blockquote>
I'm glad to hear you didn't miss a BIH 8 ball. Maybe you have that problem fixed, at last.
One smack in the head coming your way for scratching on the hill. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.~~~"stuff" happens.

cheesemouse
08-05-2002, 04:35 AM
CarolNYC,
Way to go with your nice finish, keep batting them around with Fran and you'll climb the ladder. Were you the highest finishing NY girl???

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 05:58 AM
Hey Cheesemouse,
Thank you-No, Jennifer and liz are also from NY-whats so disheartening is that I was only 2 games from getting the spot-UGH-so close,yet so far!ha ha ha-and your absolutely correct-I am BLESSED,as fate has it, to have Fran in my life-I thank God everyday!
You stay well,okay?:)
Carol

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 06:03 AM
Good morning:

Congratulations Carol - You are a killer !!!

Oh, and by the way, I also Thank God every day.

Dr. D., gunning for CarolNYC!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Kato
08-05-2002, 06:37 AM
Go Carol Go!!!!!!!! Here's a big hug (big hug sound here) and a big kiss (smooch, big kiss sound there) for a job well done. Keep plugging away, you'll get there.

Kato~~~knows Voodoo is ordering a new desk today

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 06:38 AM
Good morning:

In addition to some awesome pool competition, those of us who visited Binghamton this weekend were treated to Friday night fireworks and the lofting of hot air balloons every morning. As it turned out, there was a major festival taking place which brought these added attractions to our event.

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 06:39 AM
Good morning Kato:

Foir the record, Carol gives the best hugs - Period !!!

Dr. D.

Kato
08-05-2002, 07:38 AM
That's what I heard. All the more reason to go to NYC.

Kato~~~nothing funny to add, I just like good hugs.

Rich R.
08-05-2002, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

In addition to some awesome pool competition, those of us who visited Binghamton this weekend were treated to Friday night fireworks and the lofting of hot air balloons every morning. As it turned out, there was a major festival taking place which brought these added attractions to our event.

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>
I wish I knew that ahead of time, my wife and I may have made the trip. We love hot air balloons, not to mention good pool. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Rich R.

Rich R.
08-05-2002, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> That's what I heard. All the more reason to go to NYC.

Kato~~~nothing funny to add, I just like good hugs. <hr></blockquote>
Kato, believe me, the rumors, about Carol's hugs, are all true. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Rich R.

Kato
08-05-2002, 08:41 AM
I've come to realize that Carol has hugged everyone in the universe but me? It seems unfair yet my expectations grow daily.

Kato

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Good morning:

Stop complaining and come visit NYC. Hugs will abound for you!

Dr. D.

Kato
08-05-2002, 09:08 AM
[sigh], I want to, I need to, I will. Doesn't matter, I cannot make it soon enough.

Kato

Rich R.
08-05-2002, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I've come to realize that Carol has hugged everyone in the universe but me? It seems unfair yet my expectations grow daily.

Kato <hr></blockquote>
Are you implying that Carol is easy? /ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif

I have received more than one hug from Carol, and I always look forward to the next.
Rich R.~~~next hug less than two weeks away.

Kato
08-05-2002, 10:01 AM
All I'm saying is that Carol is "friendly"/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif. Also it seems that other folks have better luck than I do.

Kato

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Hmmmmmm-My Dear Kato,
You know the saying"Good things come to those who wait!"-well, you know the hug for you, will be the most heartwarming one I can give!:)
And xxxxxx000000000 right back atcha!:)
Carol

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Dr. D,
The festival you are referring to was the "Speedy" Festival! It seems the "speedy" is some kind of sandwich or hero that is suppose to be really good and popular upstate-I have never eaten one, but it is a big deal up there!:)Those balloons were nice! And the weather couldnt have been better!
Take care!
Carol

Barbara
08-05-2002, 03:35 PM
It's "Spiedie" and pronounced like "speedy". It's a sauce that was introduced during the NY State Fair and is very popular in that area.

Barbara~~~doesn't remember the exact story... Help!

Chris Cass
08-06-2002, 07:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With a Cuban sandwich........You kill me.

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't know the happy dance. LMAO

Chris Cass
08-06-2002, 07:30 AM
Hi Carol,

Although, I'm happy for all the ladies that competed and especially you, I was looking for you taking it off. Your so lucky I'm not down there Carol. Now you tell that Tony Robles(sp?) I said get to work. I want to see you higher in these standings. I know your a champion. Someone has to bring it out. By the way, good job. 7th/8th is respectable.

Regards,

C.C.~~misses Carol

CarolNYC
08-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Chris,
Thank you and I just want to say I am overwhelmed by the congratulations I have received-i did not expect this-I was just merely posting the results being that BARB wasnt there to notify AZ on them-I am honored to be in the company of the people on this board-what an inspiration!:)
One more thing,I had to JUMP-you know what I was saying-jumping a cut into corner pocket-hits the point and cueball scratched-but ALMOST!ha ha ha-you were with me!Thanks Chris!
Miss you toooooooo!Oh, its not Tony,its Fran!:)
Carol