PDA

View Full Version : Joss Custom Cue

Yooperpoolman
02-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I bought a Joss Custom Cue in the mid 80's...Are these custom cue's one of a kind or a limited edition production model...

Rich R.
02-10-2008, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yooperpoolman:</font><hr> I bought a Joss Custom Cue in the mid 80's...Are these custom cue's one of a kind
<font color="red">Most likely, it is NOT one of a kind </font color>
or a limited edition production model...
<font color="red">Please define "limited edition production model". Every production run, of any kind, is limited in some way. It is possible that this cue was one of ten made. It is also possible that the production run was limited to as many as they could sell. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">I would strongly suggest you contact Joss for the information you want. From what I understand, they are fairly good at responding to requests for information. </font color>

Artemus
02-10-2008, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yooperpoolman:</font><hr> I bought a Joss Custom Cue in the mid 80's...Are these custom cue's one of a kind or a limited edition production model... <hr /></blockquote>

Hard to say. The word "custom" is thrown around loosely by the cue industry and the makers. For instance, you have Jacoby CUSTOM Cues, J. Pechauer CUSTOM Cues, and a whole host of others. They make a "line" of cues, some "limited edition" cues, and one of a kind custom cues.

The best thing you can do is take a picture of it and send it to Dan Janes at Joss in an email and ask him. Otherwise it's just guesswork.

Cornerman
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yooperpoolman:</font><hr> I bought a Joss Custom Cue in the mid 80's...Are these custom cue's one of a kind or a limited edition production model... <hr /></blockquote>It all depends on what you really mean. Dan Janes made about 10-20 one-off custom cues a year in those years. The rest were high volume or limited volume production.

Fred