PDA

View Full Version : The Action Report

Deeman3
02-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Any of you who sweated the action at Derby City saw the booth where Fred and others broadcast live action matches. They did a great job.

I just ordered a couple of matches they did, SVB vs. Alex, race to 21 and the finals of the U.S. Open one pocket. Both were outstanding buys and while they had a few monor audio glitches, the matches as well as commentary were great. For the money, these were the best matches I have seen.

I have no financial interest in this but thought you'd like to know my opinion. They are planning coverage of the Bar Box championships and have plenty of free streaming. Chad "Big Nasty" Pollman stands behind everything and must send the stuff out on a supersonic jet, I got mine so fast.

These are great for folks who love action matches as well as tournament pool. The commentary is great, real and much better than ESPN spittle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif John Schmidt has great comments and insight. He should become a commentator when his cue starts wobbling (not for a while, I think).

Theactionreport.com

wolfdancer
02-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the tip...I'll check them out.
My own cue's been wobbling, even balking, for some time now...but they won't even let me enter a karaoke contest here, let alone announce a pool match.
We do have one place that runs a pool tournament along with karaoke. It's hard to concentrate but not as hard as playing in the "Gentlemen's Club" tournament that has nude dancers on stage.
Back to the tapes....I'm down to less then 100 Accu-Stat tapes, from a high of 140...so I'm in dire need of more.....

Deeman3
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Wolfdancer,

If you want to loan me a few accustats tapes, we could get your count down in the low 80's. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Is an accustats count like a colesterol count? some good, some bad...

Tom_In_Cincy
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Mr. Deeman,

TAR has been making a huge impact on the 'game' in recent months and has brought the interst level from core players and mostly internet 'wannabees' up to a degree of exposure that hasn't been available since the first BCn broadcasts of the US Open matches 4 or 5 years ago.

The b'casts (internet streams) of these 'action matchups' have been, at the very least, entertaining and at the most, a HUGE success in getting more internet users ONLINE to view and talk about the world of pocket billiards. Just the 'shot in the arm' pocket billiards needs to stir interest for future players and sponsors.

I hope Jason and crew at TAR keep up the good work. I expect more matches and great commentary in furture efforts.

As for the TAR in Reno at the Bar Box tournament, I will be there for a few days and as usual, soak up all the action I can (from a rail bird view point)

Deeman3
02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Tom,

I agree with all you say. They have given so many free live broadcasts I felt obligated to buy a couple of matches but once I got them, I was glad I did.

I can't wait for the bar box matches. Hey, you have to do like I did and pester them til they put you on the air. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have fun and let us know hwo the event goes but watch that wallet in Rono. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif