PDA

View Full Version : "october surprise"

cheesemouse
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I know this is way to early in the game but let's change the rules. No one is talking about the "October Surprise". What would be a good one that just throws everything into a big mess just before the election that would force every citizen to rethink?

Deeman3
02-12-2008, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I know this is way to early in the game but let's change the rules. No one is talking about the "October Surprise". What would be a good one that just throws everything into a big mess just before the election that would force every citizen to rethink? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> If we find out Huckabee is "Channeling" Ronald Reagan!

If Obama can't find the Senate parking lot.

If Hillary does a re-make of "Kill Bill"

If McCain ever reaches under a stall in Minnesota.

</font color>

wolfdancer
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
you have a devious mind /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif especially the part about McCain's campaign getting stalled in Minn.
Interesting parallel to Nelson Mandela's story if McCain gets in...or even to "The Shoes of the Fisherman" story, where Archbishop Lakota is set free after 20 years in a Siberian labor camp...and becomes Pope....then gives away all the wealth of the Church to help China....(would they settle for Fla and another state to be named afterwards?)
Those would be the plus comparisons...the downside would be
Condon's "The Manchurian Candidate". (Does McCain play solitaire?)
He might do well against either Clinton or Obama, but Bush and the war will cost him the Presidency, I believe??
The only October Surprise that I can see...is a terrorist attack and martial law resulting in a suspended election...keeping Herr bush in power.....

Deeman3
02-12-2008, 01:11 PM
You may be right about Bush costing him the election but at least now it is getting more interesting. Of course, the only people who can screw up an absolutley no loss chance, the Democrats, seem to be at the edge of doing it once more. Six months ago, Hillary was being coronated and now candidates are feasting off one another.

I don't think we will be attacked ehre as long as Bush is in office so I don't think we have to worry about Bush staying. He has books to write and tour speeches to make, following Bills example. I hear he's booked through 2012 already.

Clinton will lose. It will be a tough battle to beat Obama.

Gayle in MD
02-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Hillary and Bill vanish after she wins the nomination, and are found just before the election in a secret prison, in Egypt?

Dick Cheney accidentally shoots Nancy Pelosi while duck hunting in the Senate Cafeteria?

John McCain's psychiatrist's office is broken into?

McCain's mother is caught using human growth hormones?

The Press discovers Bush's secret harem in the old press room?
(but we are assured he just didn't want to offend the Prince)

It leaks out, Obama can't jump? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hillary takes her jacket off? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Deeman3
02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One more....

Reporters find the Hillary was in favor of Waterboarding Bill several times back in the 1990's.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
02-14-2008, 11:20 AM
And he got off... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Deeman3
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif