PDA

View Full Version : music

hondo
02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Just curious. What music are you guys listening to recently?
I'm into Americana: Jim Lauderdale, Lucinda Williams,
Greg Brown, Mary Gauthier, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Buddy Miller,
Kevin Welch.
Honky Tonk: Wynn Stewert, Webb Pierce, Dale Watson,
Wayne Hancock, Rex Hobart & the Misery Boys, Ed Burleson,
Robbie Fulks, Carl Smith, Billy Joe Shaver, Marty Brown.
And, believe it or not, I kinda like Akon!

A few others I forgot:
Tab Benoit, C.C. Adcock,HankIII, Vince Gill, Patty Loveless, and, somewhat, Shooter Jennings.

eg8r
02-13-2008, 07:57 AM
I listen to a ton of jazz and love the Standards channel on XM. I was quite excited to see my rental car this week had XM. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also listen to a bunch of Christian pop/rock music on our local radio station.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Mostly classic rock but I prefer talk radio when travelling, drives my wife nuts. Mostly I listen to NPR and just try to ignore the U.S bashing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I don't listen to Rush, Hannity or the other pundits.

SKennedy
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Same for me...some talk radio, but mostly classic rock...preferably 60's and 70's stuff, but some of the later is OK too. I also like blues.

pooltchr
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM
For music, it's either jazz or classic rock. We have a talk radio station in town that has 21 hours a day of LOCAL programming that is great. I just have to find a way to "rush" through those 3 hours after lunch!
Steve

wolfdancer
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I had enough of WWVA to last a lifetime....but this is your lucky day:
web page (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_fe_st/odd_valentine_s_divorce)

hondo
02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Thnks for replies. Doesn't appear to be many music buffs on here.
Maybe I should have asked for favorite wars. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
02-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I listen mostly to classic rock. Also, Classical Piano music, mostly Chopin' and some Orchestral Classical. I buy a lot of movie tracks, my favorite is the one from Out of Africa and I like the jazz track from The Sting. and the Woody Allen movies, like Hanna And Her sisters.

I'm a fan of Diana Krall, too. Ever heard her song, Peel Me A Grape... Anything but country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md.

hondo
02-14-2008, 02:24 PM
I've heard Diana Krall but not that song.
I hate new country , but I love the real thing.

eg8r
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate new country , but I love the real thing. <hr /></blockquote> Diana Krall is amazing. You can never get tired of a beautiful voice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif One thing I find funny is listening to Queen Latifa's new CD. The woman has a decent enough voice but she sure is not a jazz style singer.

Now to your other statement... [ QUOTE ]
I hate new country , but I love the real thing. <hr /></blockquote> Yuck, I hate old country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My roomate in college was an "old country" type of guy and he would have that stuff playing every day when I got back from classes.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-14-2008, 03:09 PM
That big old grey bus is a beautiful sight with the black smoke a trailin up around the tial light,

Thank God and Greyhound she gone!

Wonderful country lyrics....

Best title:

Jerk 'em off the highway sock it to 'em J.P Blues...

eg8r
02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I am sure all the country music fans will be loading up their tobaccer and bud light getting ready for "race season".

eg8r

hondo
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am sure all the country music fans will be loading up their tobaccer and bud light getting ready for "race season".

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Not all. I don't smoke tobacco, don't like Bud,
and not much interested in Nascar.
But I love George Jones and Merle haggard.

dg-in-centralpa
02-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Howard Stern, classic rock, new rock, blues, reggae. NO country, classical, or rap. I have Sirius satellite and they have a station that plays just album cuts, like the early days of FM radio. Stuff I haven't heard in decades.

DG

sack316
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm still listening to all the same things I've been into for most of my life. I.E. pretty much any good music from any genre from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and some stuff from the early 90's. Though I will admit I've gotten to the point where I finally "get it" about my parents not understanding why I listened to some of the music I did as a teenager... as I feel the same way with probably about 90% of the music released over the last decade. But then that makes me feel old, so I put on my playlist of 80's hair bands and try to feel better again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack (will never get out of the 80's)

bsmutz
02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I could listen to the blues, the whole blues, and nothin' but the blues all day long. My second favorite is rock and roll. I pretty much like all of the classic favorites from most genres. Rap is about the only thing I can't stand.