PDA

View Full Version : After all the wailing and gnashing of teeth ...

LWW
02-13-2008, 10:37 AM
... the new heroic congress who campaigned on stopping the EEEVILLL Bush, they have again capitulated.

Not to say that I told my leftist friends that this would happen and they were being pimped ... but this happened and you were pimped.

The bottom line is that they knew this was a good program and campaigned against it only to gain power. Change was never actually in the plans.

Now, come 2008 the mantra is ... "CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!" which I think is just precious because it's IMHO a Freudian slip type of coonfession that the last time they promised change was simply a lie.

How many want seconds?

[ QUOTE ]
The Senate on Tuesday approved new rules for government eavesdropping on phone calls and e-mails, giving the White House much of the latitude it wanted and granting legal immunity to telecommunications companies that helped in the snooping after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Protection for the telecom companies is the most prominent feature of the legislation, something President Bush had insisted on as essential to getting private sector cooperation in spying on foreign terrorists and other targets. The bill would give retroactive protection to companies that acted without court permission.<hr /></blockquote>

FWIW, I support what they have done here completely although I despise the way they did it, what they put the country through for nothing, and the way it has divided the nation.

OH MY! (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080213/D8UP3K000.html)

LWW

bsmutz
02-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh, thank you so much for pointing out the error of our thought processes. All hail the mighty LWW for saving us from ourselves... I have to coonfess, I originally thought you were a pompous a**, but I've totally been brought around to recognize your clear superiority in all things intellectual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW
02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> Oh, thank you so much for pointing out the error of our thought processes. All hail the mighty LWW for saving us from ourselves... I have to coonfess, I originally thought you were a pompous a**, but I've totally been brought around to recognize your clear superiority in all things intellectual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Why would you be angry at me that you were pimped?

You should be thankful someone pointed it out to you, because from your comments I have no reason to believe you would have ever discerned it by yourself.

LWW

Deeman3
02-13-2008, 01:05 PM
It does beg the question of where all the former outrage is. Why is this? Is it o.k. for a Democratic Senate to (supposedly) take away rights but now it is not generating row upon row of posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LWW
02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Amen brother.

First they were exposed as being in favor of even more strict tactics to be used at Gitmo.

Then they were exposed as opposing a practice initiated by Jimmuh Cahtuh via EO.

Then they were exposed as opposing using e-surveillance of terrorism suspects AFTER they had no issue with Clinton using the EXACT SAME TACTICS to find tax scofflaws.

Now, we have the DNC goilng along with every single thing they ran against.

-They HAVE NOT brought the troops home.
-They HAVE NOT stopped e-surveillance.
-They HAVE NOT actually opposed the tactics used at Gitmo.
-They HAVE NOT refused to fund the war.

And the reasons are that they know in reality these are ALL sound policy decisions.

In the meantime the sheeple continue with B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! TILL ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT.

If this wasn't so serious it would make a good SNL skit.

LWW &lt;---So proud he outgrew partisan politics.

SKennedy
02-13-2008, 03:33 PM
By the way, your People's Cube helps build self-esteem in children also. Granted, it's a false feeling, but its a feeling nevertheless...and that's what really matters.
I want one for myself too since I'm color-blind. There'll be no more frustration from me!

bsmutz
02-14-2008, 06:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>
You should be thankful
LWW <hr /></blockquote>
I clearly thanked you, you witless maroon...

LWW
02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh, I am mortally wounded!

LWW

wolfdancer
02-15-2008, 08:27 AM
FWIW, I support what they have done here completely although I despise the way they did it, what they put the country through for nothing, and the way it has divided the nation.

You must be politically naive....and totally brainwashed by big brother Bush.
You don't think there should have been debate on a privacy issue that has a real chance to be terribly abused, and you will probably give up even more of your rights without question, as long as the "party" puts a terrorist tag on it.
It's scary to know there are more like you with such a sheep like attitude.
But I'll pass on to the President the good news that you approve...he'll be just thrilled to know that.
As for myself...at $2.99 a minute for phone sex....i don't want no "CCR" listening in and getting off for free.
I hope you are first in line, the very first volunteer, to have the chip implant.....

LWW
02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Time for an adjustment?

LWW

Bobbyrx
02-15-2008, 05:20 PM
"They HAVE NOT brought the troops home.
-They HAVE NOT stopped e-surveillance.
-They HAVE NOT actually opposed the tactics used at Gitmo.
-They HAVE NOT refused to fund the war"

<font color="red">If I were a Democratic voter it would upset me because these are the things the Democratic candidates for Congress vowed to do if elected in 2006...... </font color>

LWW
02-16-2008, 05:15 AM
But if you were a practitioner of "DOUBLETHINK" as so many here are you would be crediting them for doing what they didn't do while blaming Bush for not doing it either.

LWW