PDA

View Full Version : The Surge......

wolfdancer
02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
web page (http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,161917,00.html)

LWW
02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
So, you agree that the surge is a success?

LWW

Deeman3
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Sounds promising with the possibility of Iran being less aggressive but the key will be how well the Sunnis and Shia get along in the long run. I think the diplomacy was caled for and works better than open challenges to the Iranian leadership, at least for now.

wolfdancer
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I only shared news from a site I belong to. From the article, it looks as though the surge has had an impact.

Deeman3
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I salute your fairness. I have always considered you as such.

SKennedy
02-13-2008, 04:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I salute your fairness. I have always considered you as such. <hr /></blockquote>

Despite efforts to really dislike Wolf, I just haven't been able to do it...maybe it's because he can shoot a good game of pool (and sounds like golf as well), or maybe that he's just a little older.....I know he has his "moments" when he has to hit some of those upper case characters above the numbers on the keyboard, but all in all....you just gotta like the guy.....maybe it's his moniker? I have the suspicion he is like me and likes whiskey...maybe bourbon...some JD perhaps?

Gayle in MD
02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
February isn't even over yet. How can they compare this years February deaths, to last year's, when the month isn't even over yet?

One paragraph states the Iraqi government has tried to make progress, and highlights that as progress. I don't find that reasonable at all. the surge was supposed to give them breating room to settle their diffeences, which they haven't. According to BBC, they have made no political progress, at all.

BTW, I find BBC much more blunt about conditions in Iraq, than anything else available on the tube.

If things are going so well, why is the administration backing off their promises to reduce troop levels.

I'll be bashed left and right for saying this, but according to my reading, we are still playing wack-a-mole in Iraq, and they are still killing one another, and our troops, and making no political progress. There are still carbombs going off in Baghdad, and in other areas. I can't see how paying them to stop killing our troops, is progress.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LWW
02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
You just can't bear to peer through the looking glass can you sweetheart?

I had a vision that came to me.

In this vision George Bush held a press conference and stated the following:

"I have, in my spare time, invented a new drug. It need only be taken once in a lifetime. It cures all forms of cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, hypertension, mumps, measles, acne, body odor, bad breath, flat feet, male pattern baldness, impotence, and blindness.

It will cause the body to regenerate new limbs overnight, penile growth in men, breast enlargement in women, lower body fat, cure constipation, and double the average human lifespan as well as cure the common cold.

It causes no ill side effects and will be available over the counter without a prescription and sell for one dollar."

From the back of the room someone yelled "B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH IS TRYING TO TAKE SOME PEOPLE'S LAST DOLLAR!"

Was that you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW

hondo
02-14-2008, 10:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> You just can't bear to peer through the looking glass can you sweetheart?

I had a vision that came to me.

In this vision George Bush held a press conference and stated the following:

"I have, in my spare time, invented a new drug. It need only be taken once in a lifetime. It cures all forms of cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, hypertension, mumps, measles, acne, body odor, bad breath, flat feet, male pattern baldness, impotence, and blindness.

It will cause the body to regenerate new limbs overnight, penile growth in men, breast enlargement in women, lower body fat, cure constipation, and double the average human lifespan as well as cure the common cold.

It causes no ill side effects and will be available over the counter without a prescription and sell for one dollar."

From the back of the room someone yelled "B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH IS TRYING TO TAKE SOME PEOPLE'S LAST DOLLAR!"

Was that you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

In my vision I see george saying, " I and my partner, Kevin Trudeau have invented a new drug."
Good ole LWW. Working 24/7 to defend the honor of some guy he claims he doesn't even like.
I still say you ought to get out a little more.
Shoot a little pool. Let that keyboard cool of a little bit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif