PDA

View Full Version : Time Flies (NPR)

PQQLK9
08-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Nineteen years ago today 8/4/83 my wife and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who we named Stephanie Renee...she's entering her sophomore year at Florida A&M University where she's on a track scholarship. I am presently kicking her butt at 9 ball..."you're going down Stephy"....time flies.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
08-04-2002, 09:54 PM
Congrats Nick,

My son is going to be 10 this mth. Can't wait for him to go to college.

Regards,

C.C.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-04-2002, 10:03 PM
When my oldest son (19) graduated from High School, I gave him a one-way gift certificate from U-Haul..

Harold Acosta
08-04-2002, 11:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> Nineteen years ago today 8/4/83 my wife and me gave birth to beautiful baby girl who we named Stephanie Renee...she's entering her sophomore year at Florida A&amp;M University where she's on a track scholarship. I am presently kicking her butt at 9 ball..."you're going down Stephy"....time flies.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Give her a couple of more years, and the rolls will reverse. She'll be giving you the 7 &amp; 8. LOL!

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 06:08 AM
Good morning:

I know that feeling as well. My stepdaughter, who was 8 years old when we entered each other's life, is now 23 years old and will be graduating college in the Spring.

With a birthday next week, now only Two (2) years away from the big "50", rememberances like this make me wonder where those years have gone!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Paul_Mon
08-05-2002, 09:08 AM
Nick,
Our nest goes empty this month. My son enlisted in the Army last July and my daughter leaves for freshman year on the 24th. This leaves just me and the better half together for the first time since 1982. All tips on adjusting to this greatly appreciated.

Paul Mon

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Good morning:

First order of business, enjoy in the silence!

Dr. D.

Rich R.
08-05-2002, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Nick,
Our nest goes empty this month. My son enlisted in the Army last July and my daughter leaves for freshman year on the 24th. This leaves just me and the better half together for the first time since 1982. All tips on adjusting to this greatly appreciated.

Paul Mon <hr></blockquote>
Paul, by "better half", I'll assume you are not talking about your pool table. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
I think you and your "better half" just have to keep a good sense of humor about all things.
Rich R.~~~29 years and no kids to break the time up. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Kato
08-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a good time to buy a new cue/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif. Oh yeah, you may want to introduce yourself to your wife. Might be a good idea to get to know one another again.

Kato~~~3 engagements, 0 wives, and 0 kids and counting.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-05-2002, 03:50 PM
If you are a church regular.. get involved with the youth groups.

If you like nice restuarants. Make it a weekly habit of letting HER deciding where to go.

Get her more involved in what you do.. now she can concentrate on her only child living at home.

Get to know more about her interests and make every attempt at gettng to know them better.. gives you both more to talk about at the dinner table..

Join a club that offers activities that both of you enjoy. Or, find one that neither of you know anyhing about and if you both dislike it.. this will give you even more things to talk about.

Buy a brand new TV wide screen.. for those nites at home watching the best movies you can see..

I am closly approaching the same situation.. and I don't want to be unprepared..

Good luck and happy times ahead..

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Good evening:

Kato, one slippery little Devil.

Dr. D.

Rod
08-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Kato, Two for me and a close three, and I quit counting.

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Congratulations there,pool Dawg!
You may be beating her at 9-ball, but I bet you wouldnt stand a chance on the track!
Carol~wishing Stephanie a very happy birthday!