PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Pricing a Table for Sale

StarCity
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Divorce forcing me to sell my 8 ft Olhausen Remington to party purchasing the house. (long story, but I can't take it with me). Dark Cherry finish. Tulipwood. Accu-fast. Excellent condition. Approx 10 yrs old.

Any advice on reasonable price to ask for the table and accessories would be greatly appreciated.

DeadCrab
02-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Used pool table prices vary greatly, depending on local market conditions.

One reason they tend to sell cheaply, is because they usually have to be moved, which may cost the buyer an additional $200 - $500. If your table doesn't have to be moved or recovered, I would think this works in your favor.

If you think the table is worth over $1000, perhaps you and the buyer could agree on having it appraised by a local dealer. I would think an appraisal fee of $100 or so would be fair.

Artemus
02-18-2008, 07:47 AM
What city do you live in? What kind of shape are the rails, do they have a lot of scratches? What kind of cloth and is it reusable by the new purchaser? Are the pockets loose or wobbly, is the leather scuffed up, do they reject balls? Who is going to pay for the dismantling and move? Will you be throwing anything else into the deal like light, balls, cues?

StarCity
02-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. The table is in excellent condition. Minimal play over the past 10 years, but there are a few minor scuffs and scratches on the rails. The leather pockets and felt are in very good shape ss well. Several cues, balls and accessories are included; but their value would be negligible.

Since the prospective purchaser of the house wants to keep the table, it would not have to be moved. Certainly a benefit for both parties.

I am thinking of asking $950; but do not want to be unreasonable .. thus my inquiry on this forum.. thanks again for any and all comments and assistance..

Artemus
02-18-2008, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote StarCity:</font><hr> Thanks for the replies. The table is in excellent condition. Minimal play over the past 10 years, but there are a few minor scuffs and scratches on the rails. The leather pockets and felt are in very good shape ss well. Several cues, balls and accessories are included; but their value would be negligible.

Since the prospective purchaser of the house wants to keep the table, it would not have to be moved. Certainly a benefit for both parties.

I am thinking of asking $950; but do not want to be unreasonable .. thus my inquiry on this forum.. thanks again for any and all comments and assistance.. <hr /></blockquote>

My immediate thoughts are to charge him a built in higher price for the house based on what you want and tell him that you'll throw in the pool table for FREE.

DeadCrab
02-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Most used slate tables in my area sell for $700 - $1200. So, I'd say you are in the right ballpark.

Most real estate people caution to keep sales of additional items separate from the house itself. Whether this is for the seller's protection, or their own, is not completely clear to me.

StarCity
02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
that would be the easiest.. but , unfortunately, I would then have to rely on my ex to give me the money. She has the house, and MY pool table is in "her" basement

Pooltable911
02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
$950 is a fair price.

Pat O'Donnell
www.Pool-Table-Services.com (http://www.Pool-Table-Services.com)

n10spool
02-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Find a local installer ask him his rates then list the table for $1,100 they pick up or $1,650 you deliver and setup you will be amazed how many pay the $1650 price sometimes they ask for a $100 off. I just tell them sure if its going in the front room or garage It's an extra fifty if goes upstairs...

Craig