PDA

View Full Version : Hi Yall.... I'd like to Introduce Myself

PoolRmPaintings
02-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi fellow Pool Players. I'm new to this site so I thought I would take a moment and just say hi. First, I'm a pool player... Second, I'm an artist... Now I paint Pool and Billiard focused art. I am going to the Super Billiards Expo next month and hope to meet many forum users there. Please reply with some info about you, where you live etc. Also, Check out my art - I've had some great response since getting my site online.

Pool Room Paintings (http://PoolRoomPaintings.com)

JoeW
02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome. I visited your site and enjoyed your work. Your creativity and the vibrant colors are attractive.

SKennedy
02-18-2008, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JoeW:</font><hr> Welcome. I visited your site and enjoyed your work. Your creativity and the vibrant colors are attractive. <hr /></blockquote>

Vibrant and attractive are words that would also seem to describe her!
I like the 8-ball in the corner pocket (sitting duck). I think the print prices are very reasonable....originals also.

DennyS
02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forum! I'm also going to Valley Forge, look forward to seeing everyone again.

BigRigTom
02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Really nice stuff. I wish you all the luck in the world of pool and billiards.
It is people like you that add a little culture and class to our sometimes dreary world. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello from PA! I live about 15 miles from Hershey, where they make all that good chocolate...anyway I'll be at Valley Forge and hope to see you.

DG

Rich R.
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolRmPaintings:</font><hr> Hi fellow Pool Players. I'm new to this site so I thought I would take a moment and just say hi. First, I'm a pool player... Second, I'm an artist... Now I paint Pool and Billiard focused art. I am going to the Super Billiards Expo next month and hope to meet many forum users there. Please reply with some info about you, where you live etc. Also, Check out my art - I've had some great response since getting my site online.

Pool Room Paintings (http://PoolRoomPaintings.com) <hr /></blockquote>
Welcome to the CCB.
I checked your web site when you posted it on the IP forum. A number of us read both forums. I really like your art work.
As usual, I will be attending the SBE also. Are you going to have a booth to sell your products?

catscradle
02-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Welcome to this forum as well as "The Jimbo". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope to actually meet you at SBE.

SpiderMan
02-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I grew up in Memphis also. Where and when (years) did you play there? I wonder if we overlapped.

SpiderMan

Deeman3
02-19-2008, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I grew up in Memphis also. Where and when (years) did you play there? I wonder if we overlapped.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Fess up Spiderman, you're just flirting. I know women were not allowed in any of the places you haunted in Memphis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

wolfdancer
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Say, I saw a couple there that i liked but were out of my price range. Could you do me a favor, and with your new tax incentive refund.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(It'll help the economy, and make an old man happy)

SpiderMan
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I grew up in Memphis also. Where and when (years) did you play there? I wonder if we overlapped.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Fess up Spiderman, you're just flirting. I know women were not allowed in any of the places you haunted in Memphis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

That would be Purvis's Poolroom, on the town square in Oxford. Borrowing a phrase from Baxter, the house man, "no women, no coloreds". Purvis's wasn't integrated until the Carter administration.

They didn't even have a restroom for women. The men's room had one of those spring-loaded doors, and you had to pee standing on your right leg while you held the door partially open with your left. Otherwise, you'd suffocate. I guess part of the reason it stunk was the piss-drenched floor from near-misses due to balancing on one foot. Sort of a vicious circle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come to think of it, the poolroom walls and floor were about as bad. There were several plastic trashcans around the room, but the walls were covered for four feet above and two each side with tobacco-juice stalactites and lava flow from sloppy spitters. Whenever a cueball jumped a table, there'd be a mad rush to catch it before it got near a wall. Especially since the sink in the forementioned restroom often didn't work.

But they had the greatest coke machine in the entire world. For as long as I can remember, that old machine consistently handed out cokes that had just the beginnings of icy slush when you popped the top.

SpiderMan

Deeman3
02-20-2008, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Say, I saw a couple there that i liked but were out of my price range. Could you do me a favor, and with your new tax incentive refund.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(It'll help the economy, and make an old man happy) <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Unfortunately, I won't be sharing in the handouts this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I can bask in the glow that what they won't send me will be send to a more deserving soul, I'm sure. If DeeWoman and I had files separately, she would, of course, get $600. Damn, I missed the free cheese when I was younger, now the gravy train of another "stimulous" package. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

However, I may get one for your birthday if you promise not to let Obama take my 401K away and give it to illegal immigrants. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

Deeman3
02-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Did you ever play in Chester's on 61 South? He racked, a nickle for nine ball, a dime for 8 ball and a quarter a rack if you were the "wrong" color. I swear, he never even blinked when he did that! His name was Chester Ward, maybe not an evil guy but sure a product of his times.

His decore was even less impressive than Purvis's but only three tables and he kept beer, illegally, in the cooler. 50 cents a bottle, $1.00 if you were obviouly under 16.

Were you or your aquantances ever busted up side the head by a Mississipi constable named Burma T. Hobbs? The State of Mississippi paid him $12.00 for every drunk he could haul in. If you were standing around and under 30, you got to know him pretty well. It made absolutely no difference if you had even had a drink, not an issue in Mississippi. This nice thing, if you could knock him down, beat him to your car and make it back to the Tennessee line, you were home free. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Dee,

About the only places I really went to over on the west side were Lakeview, the Southwest Twin, some bar called "Harrison's Bait Shop" on 61 down in Walls, MS, and (of course) "Voodoo Village" when we wanted a little adventure. Plus, we used to go down to the Steam Plant and the Bottoms over that way when we wanted to shoot our guns.

Pool-wise, Chopstick and I were a product of Funland, Golden Cue, River City Billiards, and (later on) the Southaven Rec Center on Mill Branch and Chandler's Rack &amp; Grill down on 51.

I never got picked up by the little Napoleon, but one time when I was "parking" in a subdivision under construction off Goodman Road, someone on foot started yelling and shot at me a couple of times as I drove off. When I made it back across the border, the first thing the Whitehaven cops did was call Desoto County to see if Burma had been target practicing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you go to Westwood? If so, did you know Austin Sides or Susan Egger?

SpiderMan