PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in Paris

trokinine
02-22-2008, 07:54 AM
You guys seem to have great teachers here in the US. I had some lessons in Paris (France), where I live, but nothing great.

So if any of the teachers is reading this post and plan to come to Paris for vacation, I'd like to have some lessons. That will pay some drinks in our expensive city.

Troki

Deeman3
02-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Troki,

I love your city and have enjoyed being there on many occasions. I always found it hard, back in the 80's and 90's, to find much American pool but the three cushion was great. Have you seen a big increase in play over the last decade?

Paris would be a great place for the world championships one day. Of course, there are some really good instructors in Germany, Frankfurt area in particular in case you travel there.

Best of Luck,

BigRigTom
02-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Trokinine!

I was in Paris a while back and ask for suggestions on a friendly place to play.
Here is a link to that thread:
Check it out.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ub...6870#Post226870 (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22390&Number=226870#Post226870)

I got some great advise from several people, then you and I met and played pool in a friendly pleasant pool hall. I don't remember the exact name of that place but it was a highlight of my trip to Paris. My wife is STILL pretty sick and has been since we were over there. I was close to crazy from staying in that hotel room all the time.

I still have a copy of that video I made that day too.
Thanks for your hospitality!
Paris, France ROCKS!
If you ever find yourself in the US, please let me know and maybe I can return the kindness.

Hope you find a good instructor over there too.

trokinine
02-25-2008, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Have you seen a big increase in play over the last decade? </div></div>

Iíve been playing for less than 3 years so I canít tell. I donít think it has changed a lot in the last decades. Pool is not very popular and is seen as an entertainment, not as a sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paris would be a great place for the world championships one day. </div></div>

I donít know if you know Eurotours but we had one organized this week-end (Tony Drago won). I was glad to attend a professional tournament even if the level was ďlowĒ (no American, no Filipinos)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got some great advise from several people, then you and I met and played pool in a friendly pleasant pool hall. </div></div>

Hi Tom! Nice to hear from you. We played at the Akademy, in the 15th arrondissement. There is a brand new pool hall at La Defense (business neighbourhood out side Paris) where I wish you and I had played. Next time maybe!

BigRigTom
02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I honestly enjoyed the couple of hours I spent in that pool hall, so if the one in La Defense is in your opinion a better place then I know I would enjoy it even more.

I will defintely contact you the next time I get over that way, meanwhile you have to let me know when you are in my neighborhood too. We have lots of choices here and I will bet we have both progressed in our game since we met. It will be fun to compare notes again. Stay in touch.