PDA

View Full Version : Mark Twain's pool equipment

Shaft
02-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Just took the family to Walt Disney World. In the American Pavilion in Epcot they have a new display of personal effects of famous Americans: Lincoln's hat, Edison's phonograph, etc.

They have Mark Twain's triangular billiard rack, one of his cue sticks and an autographed picture of him standing at his table. The picture has a long inscription I could only partly read. The cue stick is positioned so I could sight down its axis. It has warped to a definite letter S shape. I only wonder if it was that bad when Twain played with it...

This year, we rented an entire house for the same cost as one of those tiny WDW resort rooms. This house was huge: could easily sleep 10 (more with sleeping bags). We had a game room equipped with a cheap MDF 8-ft table. The bumbers were dead and even the balls felt dead -- is that possible?. But.... bad pool is better than no pool!

nAz
02-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Did you get a picture of it?
I'd like to see it myself, but have not come across it on line, which is no surprise since Disney is pretty tough with their copy rights.

Shaft
02-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Here is the only photograph. I thought I took more. I doubt you can read it. Good luck.

c://img_2989.jpg

Shaft
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
I am not sure I posted the picture successfully. I appreciate any help in howto do that.