PDA

View Full Version : "I can jump that", Miller Lites and new friends.

rackmup
08-05-2002, 06:07 AM
Sunday, August 4th, 2002 was a battle of the Lucasi VS. Meucci Jump Cues between Sid Vicious and yours truly, rackmup.

It began promptly at noon and ended slightly after 11PM. There were no safeties in this marathon 9-ball match as the jump cues were called upon to perform miraculous feats (which they did...sometimes.)

I don't know how the night ended up but I will say this, Martin (Sid) is a great guy to spend an afternoon with at the pool hall. He is a good player, a gentleman and most importantly, a good listener.

I had a great time my friend. Thanks for the beers, the laughs and the hundreds of attempts to hide whitey..."No problem, I can jump that."

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
08-05-2002, 07:17 AM
Good morning:

Ken; I will accept your challenge to "Can You Jump This" anytime you care to "try" and take me on!!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

SpiderMan
08-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Also, here's a picture of Sid's new jumper after we installed a phenolic tip sent by Cue-guy. It plays very harsh, makes a lot of noise, miscues easier, jury's still out on whether it jumps better. We decided it was a little too flat, and I recontoured it last night before this picture.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/funkychateau/vwp?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.src=ph&.dnm=Phenolic+Tip+on+St ealth+Jumper.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/funkychateau/lst%3f%26.dir=/Yahoo!%2bPhoto%2bAlbum%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Rackmup's Meucci jumper is working very well since he lightened it, I tried it a couple of times and easily hopped one ball's-width away. But I still like my $25 frog.

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
08-05-2002, 10:42 AM
Really takes skill to purposely snug up your own shape on purpose to get those 1 balls width jumps. You know it might be less than positive to your "game" but rolling tough last night was the highlight of the day(IMO.) You'd had to have been there to appreciate that phrase, "You can jump that!" Sometimes only a sliver of light would be between the two balls, it was hysterical the longer it went on.

It was a genuine, fun time. Those days are memorable and worth repeating...sid~~~

Sid_Vicious
08-05-2002, 10:51 AM
I'll be anxious to get the shaft back and practice here at home. Actually the Lucasi responded somewhat the same first day I had it, but not quite as bad as I remember but it can sound harsh when it miscues. The slight rough Ken put on it let me jump my first ball with it, so I am thinking your roughing job will make me
happy. The phenolic tip was machined smooth as a baby's but initially, so I won't be too excited in a negative way until it has some more mileage. You'll get your chance to try it next outting we have Spiderman...sid