PDA

View Full Version : Cue ball sling /carrier

bataisbest
02-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone on the board knows where I can order a sling or carrier for my cue ball? I like to play with the measeles cue ball when I go to the poolhall and am looking for something like a sling or carrier that I can hang or attach to my case. I once saw something like this online somewhere but can't, for the life of me, remember where. I've tried E- BAY and some pool websites like ozone and pooldawg ,but have had no luck.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

bsmutz
02-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I can think of several things that would work for this purpose, unless you are looking for something that is specifically made for such. Pantyhose, regular nylon stocking (variety of colors and shades), old sock (or new one), Crown Royal/Royal Crown bag, marble bag, tobacco pouch, or make-your-own from leather or cloth. I've never seen anything made for this purpose specifically that I know of.

BigRigTom
02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bataisbest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if anyone on the board knows where I can order a sling or carrier for my cue ball? I like to play with the measeles cue ball when I go to the poolhall and am looking for something like a sling or carrier that I can hang or attach to my case. I once saw something like this online somewhere but can't, for the life of me, remember where. I've tried E- BAY and some pool websites like ozone and pooldawg ,but have had no luck.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.</div></div>

I have a "Crown Royal" bag that I keep 2 Aramith Red Circle balls in, I loop the strings through the hand of my cue case. Work fine but it does dangle if I am not careful the way I pickup my case and it can get caught on things (stuck in the car seat and stuff like that).

Heretic
02-26-2008, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bataisbest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if anyone on the board knows where I can order a sling or carrier for my cue ball? I like to play with the measeles cue ball when I go to the poolhall and am looking for something like a sling or carrier that I can hang or attach to my case. I once saw something like this online somewhere but can't, for the life of me, remember where. I've tried E- BAY and some pool websites like ozone and pooldawg ,but have had no luck.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.</div></div>

I have a "Crown Royal" bag that I keep 2 Aramith Red Circle balls in, I loop the strings through the hand of my cue case. Work fine but it does dangle if I am not careful the way I pickup my case and it can get caught on things (stuck in the car seat and stuff like that). </div></div>

I was about to suggest this, and most bartenders will give you one if you ask (I have been married to two different bartenders, so I have a few of them laying around)

bataisbest
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I currently use something like the Crown Royal bag and loop the strings around the handle of my case. The problem I run into is that when I go to release the strings and open the bag , I always find the strings either twisted or in some sort of knot. It some times takes me a couple minutes just to release the tension/ knot. I saw one on a website that looked like it was made of 1/2" thick cord or plastic that molded around the ball much like a pitchers 2 fingers in baseball when throwing a curve ball. It was like a harness that opened like a hinge at one end to easily be able to reomve/ replace the ball.

Bambu
02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Most cases fit a cueball in the small accessory pouch. Its probably easier to do that, then carry any extra bags around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bataisbest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if anyone on the board knows where I can order a sling or carrier for my cue ball? I like to play with the measeles cue ball when I go to the poolhall and am looking for something like a sling or carrier that I can hang or attach to my case. I once saw something like this online somewhere but can't, for the life of me, remember where. I've tried E- BAY and some pool websites like ozone and pooldawg ,but have had no luck.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.</div></div>