PDA

View Full Version : what are mcdermott cues like how do u rate them

billiards89
02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
how good r mcdermott cues s far as deflection and other stuff

1Time
02-27-2008, 12:29 AM
I suggest shootng a few shots with a McDermott cue and then compare how you like it with other cues.

Heretic
02-27-2008, 03:08 AM
I have an HD30 McDermott (harley davidson model). It is a solid enough stick. I bought it for a cheaper stick to carry on my bike instead of packing my nice ones with me to biker bars. .

I am assuming that you are relatively new to shooting pool, just from the nature of this question....So I will just say they do make good "beginner" sticks at reasonable prices.

billiards89
02-27-2008, 10:44 AM
i am only 20 but im actually a 7 in 8 and a 7 in 9 ball wright now i have a predator 5k3 with a z2 shaft but was kind of thinking about going back to a 13mm shaft for some reason so i might just buy a 314 shaft for my current cue i though i might just buy a another cue instead though if there was 1 that that was good enough for a low enough price

1Time
02-27-2008, 11:28 AM
A McDermott shaft won't be as stiff as those shafts and will have more deflection. Whether that would work better for you would depend on you trying one.

If using those shafts on a McDermott butt, the cue will feel and play similar to those shafts on the butts of other cues. The differences you would find between using those shafts on a McDermott butt and another cue would be due mostly to the butt's weight (lighter / same / heavier), joint (softer hit and more feel / same / harder hit and less feel), and balance (forward weighted / same/ butt heavy). Also, be sure to get the wrap you prefer, or a poly coated wrap, or unwrapped.