PDA

View Full Version : mcdermott mg-33

elgallo55
02-28-2008, 04:51 PM
hi im planning to buy a cue as a gift to a pool player...im actually looking at this one(mcdermott mg-33) but i'll would like to know what other pool players think..by the way the guy is a moderate player...if you dont see it on the mcdermott website i think they have it on ebay or other cue website...thanks

Fenwick
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I have nothing good or bad to say about the Cue you have in mind. I did view it on eBay. I would however suggest you offer the funds as a gift and then go pick out his Cue together. For me it would be like someone buying a pair of shoes for me. I'm the only one who knows how they feel or fit my style or lack there of.

New2Pool
02-29-2008, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elgallo55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi im planning to buy a cue as a gift to a pool player...im actually looking at this one(mcdermott mg-33) but i'll would like to know what other pool players think..by the way the guy is a moderate player...if you dont see it on the mcdermott website i think they have it on ebay or other cue website...thanks </div></div>

As others have commented, if there is a pool supply store nearby then visiting there would be the way to go. However, if you just want information on the cue you mentioned read on.

Muellers has it on clearance. (http://www.poolndarts.com/p-5581-McDermott-Metal-X-Pro-Cue/). You can check other places as well if you end up wanting it. I bought that model about a month ago and I have liked it but I am a beginner so take that into consideration. I like the looks of it a lot more than I thought I would. I was afraid that "Metalic Red" would be a sparkly candy apple red but it is more of a maroon. That is how it is shown on the website for me but sometimes a computer screen does not show the render the colors faithfully so I was a little worried about that.

The cue has been perfect for me to learn with and I think it looks good. I consider this a "first" cue though. I like in a small town so when I go to larger cities with stores that sell cues I try to hit with a couple to see what I like.

The is usually a free shipping code for orders over $49 at Muellers. ccfreeship worked last time I tried it.

I have no financial interest in Muellers. It is the nearest store to me and they have always treated me well.

elgallo55
02-29-2008, 10:39 AM
thanks for the info.. will give it a try