PDA

View Full Version : does this new board run like crap for anyone else?

sack316
02-29-2008, 11:44 PM
hoping it's just some settings or something of mine, but since the changeover this board has run like trash for me. First, it just runs pretty slow to begin with. After that, I can click on a link or two, maybe read a thread or so... but the next click I do gets no response at all. I've had to just close out my browser, and then come back in order to read another thread. And also, this is in fact the first time that I've been able to get things working long enough to make a post!

Obvisously it must be working OK for some people... is there a certain browser/settings I should be using? Another forum I go to is the exact same layout/style, and it works just fine for me. Sack is getting frustrated!

Sack

Deeman3
03-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Same here. It's so much trouble to have to exit after a couple of views that it is just not worth the trouble.

hondo
03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
They're are going to lose a lot of posters if something doesn't get fixed fast.

eg8r
03-03-2008, 09:29 AM
This has been happening to quite a few members. The admin of the site really did not do an adequate job testing the site.

eg8r

sack316
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
good to know i'm not the only one... then again on the other hand maybe it would be better for this forum had that been the case /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyway, well I finally managed to get back to this thread with no problems, I'll attempt to post this and see about clicking around. If all is fine I'll add something on here to let ya know, otherwise I'll be angrily clicking the "X" and will give it a few more days again **sigh**.

Not good timing for all of this... so much fun political stuff going on! lol

Sack

eg8r
03-03-2008, 01:09 PM
It would be a good job for you to try expiring your cookies for this site. Per Fran's post on the Pool related side, if you go to the bottom of this page on the left hand side, click the My Cookies button and then expire your cookies. Then close your browser, re-open your browser and log back in. After doing this the folder colors began working correctly for me. The speed is not so great but my biggest issue was the folder colors not working correctly.

eg8r

sack316
03-06-2008, 01:09 PM
OK, just to update... I went ahead and downloaded and installed the opera browser, and thus far the board seems to be working fine in it for me. In fact, other pages seems to load a lot quicker in it too (probably doesn't have as much "junk" in it as IE has would be my assumption).

At any rate, just thought I'd put that out there for anyone who hasn't tried it. I've only done a limited amount of clicking around... but so far no problems besides maybe a slight lag in loading some of the images (such as the emoticons in the reply window). But I'm getting around with no freeze up. Granted it's a shame if that's what anyone HAS to do, but for some reason I feel you jackasses are worth it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
03-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Anyone know how we can disable the shout box? I have searched around for a disable but can't find it.

eg8r
03-06-2008, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Granted it's a shame if that's what anyone HAS to do, but for some reason I feel you jackasses are worth it
</div></div> Look who is calling names...the person that downloaded Opera. LOLOL

eg8r

eg8r
03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
There is a thread about it on the Pool related side. I cannot remember who posted it though.

eg8r

Deeman3
03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Ed,

Yes, I saw that thread but it didn't tell me how to disable the thing. Some of us are lucky just to be able to type, the tech side of this stuff is not familiar to me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

sack316
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Granted it's a shame if that's what anyone HAS to do, but for some reason I feel you jackasses are worth it
</div></div> Look who is calling names...the person that downloaded Opera. LOLOL

eg8r</div></div>

touché my friend, touché.