PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale Pool Story

cuechick
08-05-2002, 07:37 AM
While the final 8 warmed up on Sunday in Binghamton, another 1 out of the money finisher and myself took a walk to a couple of garage sales near the pool room. At the first I saw a 'lovely' budweiser pool cue laying on a table and pointed it out to my friend. She told the guy in charge "Hey that's funny because we are in town for a pool tournament!"
He went on to tell us a little story. When he was in high school his history teacher he knew was also into pool. So when the class was assigned to write a paper, he wrote about pool.
The teacher pulled him aside and asked his crafty student if he was really interested in pool or if he was just trying to kiss up to him? He said he DID like pool but if it would get him a better grade then he WAS kissing up.
The teacher told him to come by the pool room if he was interested and he would show him a few things. So he did, it was only years later that he discovered his history teacher was also a legend in his own right, Steve Mizerak!!
The story was free, I got a great set of dishes for a dollar and I took Kim Shaw to the hill so all in all I made out pretty well in Binghamton! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

#### leonard
08-05-2002, 08:50 AM
We seem to forget that he was a school teacher till that miller -Lite commercial made him famous. If my memory serves me he went to school in Athens,Georgia.####

PQQLK9
08-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Nice story...thanks for sharing...

CarolNYC
08-05-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey Cuechick,
What a great story-isnt it a small world!And I just wanted to add, I caught some of your match with Kim and just want to say that is one of the best matches I have seen you play!
You were right on the money in pocketing the balls and your safes were outstanding-all-in-all, if I didnt say "Way to Go!', I'm saying it now,so "WAY TO GO!"
Carol

cuechick
08-06-2002, 01:53 PM
Thanks Carol, I felt really good about that match and how I played. I really felt for you when you scratched on that 9. Having been up 6-4 against Kim as well, it is so close you can taste it, you played great too .
But we're getting there girl! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

CarolNYC
08-06-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey cuechick,
Ha Ha HA-Yes, that cueball was GOING<GOING<GONE!ha ha ha-and it is so close-oh well,at least there is always NEXT! See you in Maryland!
Have agreat day!
Carol~knows cuechick played with all her heart!:)