PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of the SHOUT box if it's hidden

BigRigTom
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I like the idea of the SHOUT box but if it is hidden at the bottom of the screen only people who scroll down will have an opportunity to see it.

Sort of like shouting from the bottom of a well, I guess!

dave
03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
What's the point of the SHOUT box, period? I don't get it. Is it like yelling in the middle of a room where many conversations are taking place?

BigRigTom
03-04-2008, 03:02 PM
It's more like instant messaging while everyone else is using email....but the IM can be a conversation among many instead of only 2

There is not a REAL shout going on and you can ignore it if you want to.

1Time
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
One good thing the shout box "should" do is help keep some of the off topic chit chat out of the threads. However, it won't be of much use until some of the forum's problems are fixed AND the format gets changed from 3 to 2 columns so the shout box can be seen. I no longer use the shout box since I now have my browser set up to display the three columns on top of each other as follows:
Main Column
Left Column
Right Column
So for me to see the shout box, I have to scroll to the bottom, which I don't bother doing. I just look at the main column and disregard the other two.

eg8r
03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
The layout has been changed to two columns. I think this was done a few days ago. Does anyone else still see three columns?

eg8r