PDA

View Full Version : I.E. Locking up problem - Hint...

Billy_Bob
03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I have a problem with the new forum where I look at a topic, then hit back to go back and look at the list of topics again, then click on another topic and nothing happens.

I noticed that the flag on IE in the upper right hand corner does not wave with the first click. Then I click again and the flag starts waving. But nothing happens!

I have lights on my modem and noticed that the send light does not blink when this happens...

So IE is hanging up somehow so that it will not send anymore requests to the server. Nothing is sent from my computer to the BD server when this happens no matter what I click on.

If I open a new IE, then it works.

Billy_Bob
03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I read something here about disabling the shout box as a possible solution to IE hanging....

http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthre..._upgrade_t.html (http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/192599/all/Boards_lockups_since_upgrade_t.html)

JoeW
03-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I get the same problem with IE 7 and I am on DSL through comcast so it is the browser. I can only open more than one page with Firefox. I do not use Firefox much so I won't be here much. Shame as I like the people here.

I will try disabeling the shout maybe that will work.

Jazz
03-06-2008, 06:40 PM
How do you disable the shout box?

Deeman3
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I read the lick and asked on the NPR side but noone seems to know how to disable it.

SKennedy
03-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I was having the same problem. But now, it seems to have resolved itself!

Billy_Bob
03-08-2008, 06:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you disable the shout box? </div></div>

This is something the forum administrator would need to do...

JoeW
03-08-2008, 07:06 AM
I just wrote to CCadmin and hope they will look into it. I suspect that others are having a problem loading pages with IE 7. Hopefully, somebody will get it fixed.

Rich R.
03-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't miss the Shout Box, or any of the other boxes on the right side of the screen, especially if it would help fix the problems on this forum.
More is not necessarily better.

dr_dave
03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't miss the Shout Box, or any of the other boxes on the right side of the screen, especially if it would help fix the problems on this forum.
More is not necessarily better. </div></div>I agree. I've sent a message to the system administrator asking if they can make the right column optional so people can turn it on off themselves. I personally would keep it off all of the time and use the entire window for the postings.

I hope the administrator has gotten the message about the discontent with the right column. If they can't offer user control of visibility, maybe they can just turn it off (or offer it in a separate window users can open and close).

Regards,
Dave