PDA

View Full Version : TK's Tournament in Davie

Kato
08-05-2002, 08:00 AM
Voodoo, I was there from 11:30 a.m. until about 8:30. Mario Cruz was eventually going to play Tommy to play King of The Hill. I was dying to see that match, in a race to 7 with those guys it would only take about 8 minutes to play. The smoke finally got to me, my head was going to explode AND I got a flat tire!!!!!

So Voodoo, get me the skinny and post back. It's not on AZ yet.

Kato~~~coulda beat 1/2 the players in the field. Shoulda played.

Chris Cass
08-06-2002, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
Kato~~~coulda beat 1/2 the players in the field. Shoulda played. <hr></blockquote>

Kato,

When you can say, "I could have beat all the players in that field", that's when you get in. Think big and play big. Do you think corncob pipes would be a hit down there? We could make a bundle.

Regards,

C.C.~~Super Mario, Voodoo's boy going for the big one.

Kato
08-06-2002, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately Chris, Mario lost to TK twice. On the winners side and 13-10 in the finals. Tommy uses the Sardo for the finals, I've gotta believe he's got an advantage there. I doubt that many of the guys there, Mario included play with the Sardo often.

When I said I coulda beat 1/2 the players in the field I was a little shocked at how many weak players lined up to play in a $65 tournament. Heck, a guy played in that tournament that was an APA SL3, couldn't make a ball, period!!!!!! I think APA players got in for less money to fill the field. The top was stacked though with Olsen, Cruz, TK, Foster, King James, Rob Melrose, Big Bob Ogbourne (sp), and a few other strong locals. The Florida Tour I think has stronger fields when they play.

Tommy does seem to be making a decent living at this though.

Kato~~~can't actually beat anybody, well, I can beat my niece but she's only 5 weeks old and can't walk well.

PQQLK9
08-06-2002, 09:55 AM
When Tommy was here in Charlotte he could not get the sardo to rack properly ? so he tossed it...

Kato
08-06-2002, 10:04 AM
He had 1 they were giving away and 1 that they were using. I couldn't stand it anymore and had to leave. I shoulda gone later in the day and stayed all night, did it backwards. I've never seen anyone use the Sardo rack. I woulda loved to have seen Scott, the owner, cringe in fear as the championship table was "trained". Did he train the table in Charlotte or just try to "press and go" with the gizmo?

Kato