PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Grace... just why?

sack316
03-11-2008, 03:25 PM
OK, talked to a lot of friends and we all pretty much have the same feelings.... but why does this woman have her own show?

I mean, it seriously just bothers me... even more than my whole Nick Cannon being famous thing from before. I love watching the news channels these days, and usually Headline News is where I can just turn on and watch at any time... except when her show is on and I automatically know I gotta find something else to watch right then.

And it's not just her being loud, bitchy, and dead set in her opinions... I could actually deal with that (I do that with Glenn Beck about a quarter of the time anyway, but I can still stand to watch his show). But she comes off as...well... stupid. She's rarely prepared on a topic, which is really bad when it's a topic I'm not familiar with yet can notice how far off base she is. When it is a topic that I do know inside and out (the Benoit tragedy for example) it is so plain as day that she is clueless to what HER SHOW is talking about (in that instance, she referred to the Benoit of 15 years prior as if it was his current status at the time of his death). And I wish I could say that was an isolated case, but it's every show! And surely out of ALL the people that work there, the way she comes across can't be an accurate reflection of what they try to prep her on... it's like she just doesn't get a clue about anything, forms an opinion, and then lashes out towards anyone who sees things even slightly different. I can't even understand how she was ever any more than a half assed attorney, much less getting her own nationally televised show.

Yet somewhere, people are watching and liking it? Or are those phone calls just made up with actors? Because I have yet to actually meet or talk to anyone that could stand her.

And rant over.

Sack

pooltchr
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
The same people love Springer. As the IQ of the general population plumetts, the things they find entertaining have to stoop to their level.
Steve

wolfdancer
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Sack, there's going to be a change in the show next season, with Holly Hunter in the starring role...it'll be called "Saving Nancy Grace"
I'd rather watch Glenn then Nancy, and i can't stand Glenn......but here's an idea for you....if the wife won't let you have the remote control, buy this pocket sized controller http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-TV-Mini-Po...0QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-TV-Mini-Pocket-Remote-Control-for-Television_W0QQitemZ220208162490QQcmdZViewItem)
It's also a great gag for the last few seconds of a close game,when everybody at the bar is glued to the TV and you switch by stealth over to Benny Hinn......

Deeman3
03-12-2008, 08:57 AM
I agree but she's like watching a train wreck, you can't look away.

It is hard to imagine she made a living in the practice of law. Of course, on the other side, I hate to hear Hannity not letting his opponents speak, like what is he afraid of?

I admit, I watch many of them but Oreilly is the fairest to me and, with that, Colbert Nation, Baby... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif