PDA

View Full Version : Proline vs Olhausen

timnichols
03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm buying my first table,used 8'. I have line on a Proline Kingsbury and an Olhausen, not sure what model but similar in style. Is one substantially better than the other?
Thanks in advance, Tim

mbippus
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Don't know about the Kingsbury but I have been happy with my olehausen. Things to check are the amount of rail bolts, type of cushins, thickness of slate, underlayment of slate, where they are manufactured and what materials are used. Personally I think olehausens are one of the top three table makers around.

av84fun
03-13-2008, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbippus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know about the Kingsbury but I have been happy with my olehausen. Things to check are the amount of rail bolts, type of cushins, thickness of slate, underlayment of slate, where they are manufactured and what materials are used. Personally I think olehausens are one of the top three table makers around.

</div></div>

I agree. I think the pros want to play on high quality tables and in recent history, the TV tournaments have used mostly Brunswick, Diamond and Olhausen. I don't recall ever seeing a Proline table used.

Heretic
03-15-2008, 02:36 AM
I really like my olhausen. After I put the pads in to narrow the pockets, My league team now meets at my house to practice. My team members really like it as well.

JoeW
03-15-2008, 08:22 AM
My son has a used 8' Proline. I did some research on it before he bought it. Seems they were originally made in Orlando. I think the company has moved to Georgia. The craftsman used to work for Brunswick (or so I heard)and is an excellent craftsman. Turns out that it is a well made table and in the same class as any good pro table. When we were in Florida I played on it for a week and found it to play as well as my 9' Gold Crown III. The wood work and craftsmanship is indeed excellent. For the price he paid (about $1,000) it was well worth the money spent and the table should last a life time. His looks brand new though it is about 5 - 10 years old. It was well maintained or little used.

The rails were true, the pockets were good and he put Simonis 860 on it. If I were buying a table and money was an issue I would look at the Proline very seriously. It is a good table.