View Full Version : Anitokid!

Prof_Frinck
03-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Did you watch the fight? The Destroyer!!! I had him KO by 8, but a win is a win

AnitoKid
03-16-2008, 03:58 AM
@Prof Frinck!

I did!

'Twas a split decision, which leaned heavily on the knockdown in the 3rd round!

You have to see it to believe it! I did a post on it! Could be an interesting read!

And it includes a video on that awesome 3rd round! And I kid you not!

Don't want to spoil anyone's watch! THIS IS A SPOILER to those who haven't seen the fight yet.

Link is here, friends!

http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/03/manny-pacquiao-is-wbc-super.html

Prof_Frinck
03-16-2008, 09:59 AM
When they were doing the scores, I thought 'here we go, another draw'. It was a very close, tight fight. I guess if you're a Marquez fan, you would've thought Marquez won, and vice versa. Great fight, but fight of the year still belongs to Israel and Rafael!

Prof_Frinck
03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Also, I like post fight- Marquez' translator said 'he doesn't want a 3rd fight because he knows we're stronger'! That's why Manny dropped him 4 times in 24 rds and he sent Pac down....never??? Manny did look a little slower than usual. If he fought Ricky at 140, maybe he'll be even slower with all that extra muscle mass.

LWW
03-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Professor Frinck ... I love your character on the Simpsons, especially the stuff about the robots who turn against their masters and run amok in an orgy of blood and the kicking and the biting with the metal teeth and the hurting and shoving.

LWW

Prof_Frinck
03-18-2008, 07:56 AM
HOYVIN-GLAYVIN! and the kung fu fighting!

AnitoKid
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I think a third fight is inevitable. And i kid you not! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It is best to buy some time for the physical wounds to heal (6-8 weeks?). And putting some air first on such thought could only mean one thing - more money for both boxers.

Prof_Frinck
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnitoKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a third fight is inevitable. And i kid you not! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It is best to buy some time for the physical wounds to heal (6-8 weeks?). And putting some air first on such thought could only mean one thing - more money for both boxers. </div></div>

I wouldn't want to see Pac/Marquez III. I'd be too worried about Manny. Marquez counters Pac very well. Golden Boy Promotions offered Pac I think $6 million for a rematch-not bad for a super featherweight/jr lightweight. Pac should go after David Diaz, then a mega payday vs Ricky Hatton-provided he can make weight. I'd pay to see Vazquez Marquez VIII!!!

AnitoKid
03-20-2008, 07:48 AM
I noticed that, too. Marquez really counters very well - thus, showing a weakness in Manny's boxing arsenal and all.

Also, i have concerns about Manny moving further up in the weight classes. The hand speed is there, no doubt about it. But he seemed kinda slow on this one - could be because of the added weight and all. (just a thought)

Prof_Frinck
03-20-2008, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnitoKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed that, too. Marquez really counters very well - thus, showing a weakness in Manny's boxing arsenal and all.

Also, i have concerns about Manny moving further up in the weight classes. The hand speed is there, no doubt about it. But he seemed kinda slow on this one - could be because of the added weight and all. (just a thought)

</div></div>

Without a doubt! I think @ 135 he would be ideal, though I think his best weight was 122-126. 140 is asking alot for someone that started @ 108! The power is definitely still there-and the hand speed, it's the lateral side to side movement that's a concern.
There's stiff competition @ lightweight, and Manny's gotta train harder (is that possible?!) against Nate, Casamayor, Diaz, etc. But then again, JMM was like top 5 p4p, so it's not like he eked out a SD against some bum. Though it was not his greatest performance, I still have him #2 behind Mayweather p4p.

AnitoKid
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Speaking of Mayweather, I just read an article about him and Pacman - a comparison of sort. WIll update you on this one, my friend.

All the best!

Prof_Frinck
03-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Tonight, you like Katsidis or Headbuttmayor? I hope Kat beats that dirty cheating scum.

AnitoKid
03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I failed to see that, my friend. Twas busy preparing for the Holy Week, my friend.

Prof_Frinck
03-24-2008, 09:36 AM
It was a great fight! Katsidis was dropped twice in the 1st, but fought back to knock Casa out of the ring in the 6th(? pretty sure it was the 6th) and was on his way to a ko victory, it looked like. Casa looked all weary and desperate like vs. Freitas and Corrales(R.I.P.) II. But Kat got too anxious and jumped into a Casa left hand, very similar to Hatton Mayweather. So dirty Joel won, but it was entertaining!

AnitoKid
03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
@Prof:

Did you hear the news? Freddie Roach was in an accident? From what i remember reading, Roach was driving in a brand new car when his vehicle was bumped by another car!

Roach lost a tooth and suffered a back injury, but required no hospital treatment.

AnitoKid
03-26-2008, 04:07 AM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/AnitoKid_2007/manny-10-1.jpg

@Prof:

Did a post on Manny Pacquiao, with emphasis on all roads leading to
Manny moving up in weight. Such would giving the Filipino boxer
a shot at a fourth world title in different divisions.

I'm all out for Manny! But after seeing his last fight, i have a
concern - his speed. I fear that a further move up will make
Manny Pacquiao slow, flatfooted,and predictable.

I hope I'm wrong on this one.

But I guess everything remains to be seen. What do you think?

*more of the read, here:
http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/03/manny-pacquiao-towards-david-diaz-and.html

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif