PDA

View Full Version : Is my table wacked?

Soflasnapper
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I got a Brunswick Gold Crown II a while back.

A couple of rails make a sound that sounds wrong to me when a rolling ball hits them in certain spots. It's sort of a 'whoomp' sound, hard to describe. Most of the spots on the rail don't sound like this, and basically don't sound like anything.

While I don't notice a different reaction to the rail than I would expect, still, it seems that maybe the rails are loose in spots.

Does a deeper and noticeable sound when a rail is hit always mean the rail is loose, or could that be a normal sound for a table without a problem?

Deeman3
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I think it should sound the same. I'd check to see if the rail bolts are tight and then if the cushions are adhered to the rail all along the length. If your cloth is not too tight, you can press your thumb against the top of the rail applying pressure toward the center of the table all along the rail. If it gives at all, you probably have a loose cushion.

The former will just require tightening the bolts, the latter will require taking the rail off and stripping them down. You may need help with this.

BigRigTom
03-20-2008, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it should sound the same. I'd check to see if the rail bolts are tight and then if the cushions are adhered to the rail all along the length. If your cloth is not too tight, you can press your thumb against the top of the rail applying pressure toward the center of the table all along the rail. If it gives at all, you probably have a loose cushion.

The former will just require tightening the bolts, the latter will require taking the rail off and stripping them down. You may need help with this. </div></div>

This sounds like very good advise. Since it is a GCII, it has been a round for a while.

When I recovered my table the last time I found that one of the cushions was coming loose and it is a simple matter (usually) to clean it and re-glue it. Be sure you use the correct glue. I used some my friend had...don't really know what kind it was.... but bottom line that made a HUGH difference in the way that cushion reacted to the ball. Often when you think the rail is dead it is only because it was poorly attached to begin with and the glue seal is broken and the cushion has come loose over time.