PDA

View Full Version : 3 foul rule in 8 ball?

JJFSTAR
03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
In an answer to a question about the rules someone posted that in an 8 ball game he would try to 3 foul his opponent if that option was available. I have never heard of a 3 foul rule in 8 ball anywhere. I know pool rules differ greatly from hall to hall and region to region. How many of you out there have this or have heard of it? Please give the region(s) that you play in. I will start it off.
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Bambu
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Never heard that one.

-NYC

bsmutz
03-21-2008, 12:59 PM
The BCA rules clearly state that there is no 3-foul rule in 8-ball. My bad. I just added another improbable scenario to another.

Bob_Jewett
03-21-2008, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJFSTAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In an answer to a question about the rules someone posted that in an 8 ball game he would try to 3 foul his opponent if that option was available. ... </div></div>
The IPT had a 3-foul rule. I think it came up maybe once every 50 games. At one time the BCA had an optional 3-foul rule at 8-ball. It went away after a year or two.

For the current World Standardized Rules of 8 ball, visit the WPA website at http://www.wpa-pool.com

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
The one league I play in was a Valley League and they tried the 3 foul rule for 8 ball. The people didn't like it, so it went away the following year. I'm from Lebanon,PA.

DG

Cornerman
03-22-2008, 03:08 PM
The first 8-ball league I played in, we had the 3-foul rule in 8-ball. It came up often enough. It sucked when you lost because of it, but there are worse rules that have come by.

Fred