PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for/against spectator chair

Shaft
03-29-2008, 09:51 PM
I need 1-2 spectator chairs and I am trying to avoid "buyer's remorse."

Can anyone recommend in favor of chairs they have, or recommend against chairs they wish they did not have? They all seem expensive.

One non-traditional option I am considering is a swivel bar stool. You can get them in the right seat height, but I like the traditional design too.

Rich R.
03-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Just today, I was in a new pool room and all of their spectator chairs were made by Diamond. They were excellent chairs, with padded seats and the notch in the arm, for holding a cue, was also padded. What I liked most about the chairs was the seat height. They were, what I would call, counter height, rather than bar height. Per their web site, the seat height is 25". This is a very comfortable height and easy to get in and out of the chair, unlike the higher chairs normally found in pool rooms.
This was my first experience with the Diamond chairs and I was very impressed.
http://www.diamondbilliards.net/Accessories/ChairUnits/tabid/72/Default.aspx

Tony_in_MD
04-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Where is the room Rich?

Treehumper
04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Check on Craigslist or Ebay.

SpiderMan
04-04-2008, 10:31 AM
When I had a home table, I used regular four-legged bar stools with round/padded swivel seats, no backs.

I liked them because they are tall enough to let the seated person have a clear view, but they do not interfere with play. If a spectator has to get up to let someone shoot, he doesn't have to drag his chair with him because there's no back or arms to interfere with a cue.

SpiderMan

JoeW
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I bought my bar stools at Wallmart for $10.00 each. They are black and actually look good. They fit my bar, are easy to move around, and they are easy to use to set up targets for cross side banks per Bob Jewett's recent article.

We have several and bring out as needed for various purposes.

I bought a wall rack for cue sticks and took the little plastic holders off the rack. They are now installed in various places around the room for easy access for whoever is playing, waiting, breaking, etc. The room actually looks pretty cool as there are several sticks lined up on the walls, bookcases, et. They are not only useful but add to the decor.

We have round robin tournaments at my house and bring out as many stools as needed, somewhat like they do in some churches. We call it Church of the Good 9-Ball.

Oh -- no buyers remorse /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif More expensive is not always better.

Rich R.
04-04-2008, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the room Rich? </div></div>
Hi Tony,
The room was in Winchester, Va. It is a brand new pool room named Blue Fox Billiards and they have a complete bar and dinning room seperate from the room with the pool tables. It was a beautiful place.
I was there for the Tiger Tour tournament. If you are interested, you can get the exact address from the Tiger Tour web site.

Rich R.
04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiderMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I had a home table, I used regular four-legged bar stools with round/padded swivel seats, no backs.

I liked them because they are tall enough to let the seated person have a clear view, but they do not interfere with play. If a spectator has to get up to let someone shoot, he doesn't have to drag his chair with him because there's no back or arms to interfere with a cue.

SpiderMan </div></div>
I can appreciate your reasons for using these basic stools, but speaking for myself, and others with bad backs, we need chairs with backs. This is just one of many things for Shaft to consider when looking for chairs.