PDA

View Full Version : Who Moved My Cheese?

RailbirdJAM
03-31-2008, 04:00 AM
I always loved the name of that best-seller book, "Who Moved My Cheese," by Spencer Johnson. One of its best features was that I could read it in one day! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The motivational book is about change, and I think that is what is happening to Billiards Digest, from reading the recent media press relese. Not only have they changed this forum look, but apparently, the whole website is going to be different, new and improved with more features. Tony Robles is one addition to the BD team, and I look forward to reading his insights into the game. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In the book, one of the mice who was confronted with change wrote this on the big Cheese Wall:

<span style="color: #FF6600">Change Happens: They Keep Moving The Cheese

Anticipate Change: Get Ready For The Cheese To Move

Monitor Change: Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old

Adapt To Change Quickly: The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese

Change: Move With The Cheese

Enjoy Change: Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!

Be Ready To Change Quickly And Enjoy It Again & Again:
They Keep Moving The Cheese. </span>

I can substitute the words "Billiards Digest" for the word "Cheese" in the above-referenced quotes. Personally, I think I am going to like the new BD.

One thing for sure, the kindred souls who make up the BD forum have been close-knit group for a long time. The celebration at the U.S. Open each year pays tribute to the friendships and bonds formed from participating on THIS very forum. Other forums have come and gone, but this one is different. There is a comraderie here. Y'all deserve the BEST as loyal readers of this forum, IMHO, and maybe the best is yet to come.

With the new-and-improved website being launched on April 2nd, this forum will continue to flourish and grow. Though I am not a "regular" poster here, I do enjoy reading the posts. Maybe change will be good after it's all said and done! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

RailbirdJAM

Rich R.
03-31-2008, 07:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RailbirdJAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Though I am not a "regular" poster here, I do enjoy reading the posts. Maybe change will be good after it's all said and done! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

RailbirdJAM </div></div>Jam, you could be a regular poster here. After all, we are much more friendly than they are in that other place. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-31-2008, 07:12 PM
JAM,
I love that book. My boss bought a copy for all the managers in our market a few years ago. Great ideas for business, life, and pool!
Steve

Treehumper
04-01-2008, 08:30 AM
That was a good book. I'd read "Transitions" by William Bridges. While "Cheese" talks about change, "Transitions" discusses the process of change which is were most people fail to adapt to the new environment. Not a one night read but very interesting.

Eric.
04-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Hey Jennie,

You resurfaced, lol!

Eric &gt;good to see ya

Deeman3
04-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Nice to see you posting. How is the Earthquake doing? I heard he was playing a lot of poker lately? How about pool?

Eric.
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Just glad that the cheese was only being moved...

Eric &gt;not cut

Tom_In_Cincy
04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Missed ya JAM... love your posts..