PDA

View Full Version : Some Pics from the March 2008 9-Ball Competition!

AnitoKid
04-02-2008, 03:57 AM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/AnitoKid_2007/IMG_3908.jpg

Friends, here are pics (in old-film, slideshow format) from
D'Professional 9-Ball Billiard Club's March 2008 tournament held
at the Hobbies of Asia, Macapagal Avenue, Pasay City.

Hope you like 'em, friends! Much thanks for looking!

Link is here, friends!

http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/04/dprofessional-9-ball-clubs-march-2008.html

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

bob_the_borg
04-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Why are the trophies so small? Is it because everyone is azn?

AnitoKid
04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
The club failed to have sponsors for the trophy for the month of March, thus, we pooled our own resources together to come up with something.

Prof_Frinck
04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob_the_borg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are the trophies so small? Is it because everyone is azn? </div></div>

What does that mean cause everyone is "azn"?

SKennedy
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I suspect he just wasn't being very nice.

Prof_Frinck
04-04-2008, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKennedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect he just wasn't being very nice. </div></div>

Maybe he has issues about 'size' himself

SKennedy
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I found the "azn" comment offensive. I play pool with a young man from the Philipines, who is also on our league team. He graduated high school last year, as did my daughter..same school....and I guess he went there for 4 years. He's a great kid and a skilled player who wants to excel at this game. While I do pick at him at times and a few of us call him that "japanese kid" or "korean kid", etc. we have a great deal of respect for this young man and he knows how we feel about him. We can tease him, but don't let someone outside the circle make any negative comments about him. He's headed back to the Philipines next week and will be gone for 2 weeks. His father has been back there for some time and his mom is moving back there also. He wants to remain here and go to school. The kid has talent and is very studious of the game. The "student" has surpassed all of his teachers in this area. I played him a set of 9-ball the other day and he had me 4 and 0 and I hadn't even touched my cue stick yet.....break and run, 9-ball on break, 9-ball on break, and break and run. Not too shabby....and he is still improving.

The Zot
04-07-2008, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKennedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found the "azn" comment offensive. I play pool with a young man from the Philipines, &lt;snipped&gt;</div></div>

Do you find it offensive because you play pool with a Filipino? Was that your point in posting all that meaningless drivel?

SKennedy
04-08-2008, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Zot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKennedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found the "azn" comment offensive. I play pool with a young man from the Philipines, &lt;snipped&gt;</div></div>

Do you find it offensive because you play pool with a Filipino? Was that your point in posting all that meaningless drivel? </div></div>

No. I found it offensive for other reasons. And yes, I do have a tendency to "drivel" and for that I do apologize.

Deeman3
04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Nice photos. Nice trophies as well. I find the Filipino players look a lot taller when they stand on all the money they have won from all those "tall" players. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Congratulations and well done. At least these guys are trying to make the most of their play and it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. You never know when a world champions will emerge out of one of the these clubs. Great Job!

SKennedy
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks Dee. I knew I could count on you!

AnitoKid
04-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Thank you! Everyone did have a wonderful time.
There was a ton of food and drinks were on the house, e.g., beer and sodas.

And more thank yous for your wonderful thoughts.

One of my online friends told me about the "azn" thing - i honestly thought it was some sort of a typo.

And to my online friend who told me the meaning, i will follow your advise and all! Thank you for enlightening me.

All the best!

AnitoKid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice photos. Nice trophies as well. I find the Filipino players look a lot taller when they stand on all the money they have won from all those "tall" players. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Congratulations and well done. At least these guys are trying to make the most of their play and it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. You never know when a world champions will emerge out of one of the these clubs. Great Job! </div></div>