PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Airline Pilots Playing Pool

PQQLK9
08-06-2002, 08:34 AM
Just saw a news clip on Court TV of the two drunk airline pilots who were fired by American West Airlines drinking and playing pool...oh well s**t happens.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-06-2002, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> Just saw a news clip on Court TV of the two drunk airline pilots who were fired by American West Airlines drinking and playing pool...oh well s**t happens.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Yo Pooldawg,

Yeah I saw that clip too. From the security camera. Drinkin' and shootin' pool till 5:30 a.m. then flyin' a jet at 10 a.m.

At first I wondered why they showed them playing pool but I think it's cause you could see their faces better.

Reminds me of the old Hudson and Landry skit where the drunk calls the airline checking on a flight time and it turns out he's the pilot /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

PQQLK9
08-06-2002, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: PQQLK9:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Just saw a news clip on Court TV of the two drunk airline pilots who were fired by American West Airlines drinking and playing pool...oh well s**t happens.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I still have that album...love those guys especially when they did the football skit.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Yo Pooldawg,

Yeah I saw that clip too. From the security camera. Drinkin' and shootin' pool till 5:30 a.m. then flyin' a jet at 10 a.m.

At first I wondered why they showed them playing pool but I think it's cause you could see their faces better.

Reminds me of the old Hudson and Landry skit where the drunk calls the airline checking on a flight time and it turns out he's the pilot /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif <hr></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
08-06-2002, 10:11 AM
They must have been playing one-pocket. LOL
Joey~Seen way too many long one-hole sessions~

phil in sofla
08-06-2002, 01:12 PM
Saw that and was going to post it up myself.

From what I saw, those guys were shooting so fast it was like in fast forward. Oh, it WAS in fast forward (the surveillance tape being recorded at a very slow speed, but then replayed in real time speed).

SpiderMan
08-06-2002, 01:19 PM
A former girlfriend's ex-husband was a helicopter pilot in the Air Force. He was discharged or forced out because of recurring alcohol-related incidents. She said it cost them a small fortune in legal fees to ensure that his permanent records would pass muster, but now he flies for American.

I alway's listen for his name when I get on board, in case I need to change my travel plans /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

SpiderMan

08-06-2002, 01:38 PM
Fired for drinking and playing pool???
How dare those people at Court TV exploit them. LOL.
--NO FAIR! They should have only pointed out ONE of their addictions. LOL.
--Good thing our bosses are more forgiving!

Snooky &lt;--still LOL.

rackmup
08-08-2002, 06:43 AM
A very reliable source (a Private Investigator, on assignment to follow a wife suspected of cheating on her husband) was standing near the pool table where the two pilots were playing. The P.I. had a concealed microphone inside his lapel. The following are comments from the two pilots:

Pilot A: "Man, I think if I have one more tequila shot, I'll have to put the bird on autopilot while I sleep it off!"

Pilot B: "I know what you mean...I know there are only 15 balls on the table but I see at least twice that many."

Pilot A: "Hey Baby! (directed at the cocktail server) How about another round over here?"

Pilot B: "I've got an idea...I've always wanted to do this. What do you say right after the complimentary drinks get served, we put that bad boy into a barrel roll or a loop? Man, I'd love to see Crown and Coke all over those snobby first class jackasses!"

Pilot A: "I don't know man...the last time we did something like that, we were almost fired!"

Pilot B: "Okay...what about this...we walk out into the crowd with a nervous look on our faces and parachutes on our backs and tell them "Don't be alarmed...we will be right back."

Pilot A &amp; B: (laughter)

Pilot B: "Man...I hope we get a hot flight crew today...this booze is making me horny. It might be time to renew my membership in the mile high club."

Pilot A: "I'm safe. I renewed last week with my female co-pilot. Had her pressed right up against the windshield of the cockpit!"

Pilot A &amp; B: (laughter)

Pilot B: "I'll be right back. I think I'm going to puke. Order us another pitcher of beer and set up some JD shots, okay?"

Pilot A: "Aye aye Captain!"

Moments later, Pilot A fell "asleep" under the pool table and Pilot B was still yacking in the stall of the Men's room.

Ahhh yes...flying the friendly skies.

Regards,

Ken

TomBrooklyn
08-08-2002, 08:11 AM
I had a good friend whose father was a senior pilot and captain for a major airline. His older brother was also a pilot and had been behind the stick at the same airline for about ten years. He and his younger brother held single engine ratings at the time.

He told me that airline pilots have a propensity for drinking and a large rate of alcoholism. He cited that they are away from home often, stay in hotels, and don't have much else to do at night as the reasons they tend to drink a lot.

Perhaps related, he said they also have one of the highest divorce rates of any profession, especially the pilots that fly the overseas routes, which keep them away from home more than the domestic air jockeys.