PDA

View Full Version : update on my wife's condition

cueball1950
04-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Please forgive me for posting this on here. I know that it belongs in the NPR section.

This past Saturday started having respitory problems and we took her by ambulance back to Albany Medical Center Hospital. After several tests and both xrays and a cat scan we have found out that she has had a total right lung collapse. Because of her underlying neuromuscular problems the Dr's feel that there is very little they can do except to try to use respitory therapy methods to try to clear the lung and reinflate it. But because of the same problems they do not feel that they can keep it inflated because of the damage already done. They feel that there in no sense going in and do anything because the damage is to great and nothing can be done. So i would like everyone one to please say a prayer for her regardless of the outcome which right now looks very bleak. I say my prayers with her and for her every night myself. Sometimes i feel that her passing would be a blessing in disguise but then i cannot help to feel what my life without her would be like after almost 32 years.....thank again for letting me get this off of my chest. You are all a great bunch of people that i consider friends even the one's that i have not had the pleasure of meeting in person................mike

Rich R.
04-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the update Mike.
You are in my thoughts daily and I wish you and your wife the best.

sack316
04-08-2008, 01:11 AM
You have my thoughts, prayers, and hopes for whatever is best for you and your family. I'm really sorry you guys are having to go through all this, and I as well wish you each the best.

Sack

Deeman3
04-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Mike,

Hang in there. Our prayers are with you.

SKennedy
04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I am sorry Mike. I will pray for you and your wife.

Eric.
04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
As always, Mike, my thoughts are with ya.

I think the worst thing in any situation is being stuck in the middle of a situation you don't have control of. I hope things work itself out.

Eric