PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Weeping

Deeman3
04-08-2008, 08:19 AM
I am having a problem with the wrap on my Schoen wrap. It is one of several sticks that stand in a cue stand near my table. For the past few days, the Irish linen wrap feels moist and if I wipe it with a rag some of the black color comes off. It has been humid and raining outside recently but I have never seen this before. I have about 7 other sticks in the same open cue rack and this cue is the only waxed Irish Linen wrap, the others are sealed or of other material. This cue has never been left in any situation with excess moisture and is over 15 years old.

Any ideas as to why this stick, my main cue, is behaving this way? I have placed it in a lined cue case for now so, hopefully, this does not get worse.

wolfdancer
04-08-2008, 08:27 AM
If you look at the wrap in just the right light, do you see an image of the Madonna weeping?
WE can get a fortune for it on Ebay

SKennedy
04-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Sorry Deeman. I don't have a clue (about the cue)! Have you tried gently drying it out with the low setting on a hair blower and then seeing if the moisture comes back?
Did you recently paint, use some type of solvent in the room? Someone clean your cues and apply something they shouldn't have?

Bambu
04-08-2008, 09:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am having a problem with the wrap on my Schoen wrap. It is one of several sticks that stand in a cue stand near my table. For the past few days, the Irish linen wrap feels moist and if I wipe it with a rag some of the black color comes off. It has been humid and raining outside recently but I have never seen this before. I have about 7 other sticks in the same open cue rack and this cue is the only waxed Irish Linen wrap, the others are sealed or of other material. This cue has never been left in any situation with excess moisture and is over 15 years old.

Any ideas as to why this stick, my main cue, is behaving this way? I have placed it in a lined cue case for now so, hopefully, this does not get worse. </div></div>

I have 2 schons of my own, and have similar problems. On a hot day the wrap feels like I left it in the trunk of my car. So when the weather warms up I aways keep them in a case, or inside any cool and dry place. I could be wrong, but I dont think its a schon thing, more like an irish linen wrap condition. The threads seem to attract moisture, but they seem to be fine once they dry out.

Deeman3
04-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I have never had this happen before but was considering having a snake or eelskin wrap put on anyway. I boought a few on e-bay years ago (none with a Madonna on them! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )

I guess it may just be the humidity. I would have thought in all these years, it would have happened before. Steve, no, I have not had any painting or other activity go on but it has been God Awful humid the last few days, gas is up to $3.09 a gallon and I am having to buy a few dozen people dinner of their choice over a basketball game... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Bambu, thanks. I'm glad it is not so uncommon and will keep it in a case now.

sack316
04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
dangit man, I'm coming to Luverne... I'm about 4-10 cents more expensive on gas here in Prattville!

I'm not sure if you know Ron Sutton or not from your time in Montogmery, but you may want to check with him on this if ya do. For some reason (and I don't know why) I'm thinking he had a similar problem before.

Sack

Deeman3
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Sack,

Hey, the gas is even cheaper in Opelika at 3.07 this last weekend! Unfortunately, I was on my bike so it only did me good for about 5 gallons! Funny, only ten miles away in Auburn it was $3.31! GUess the college kids can afford it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't know Ron but if you see him, ask for me.

sack316
04-08-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah, I don't get the differences in prices. Right here in town we're ranging anywhere from $3.13- $3.25, with all the gas stations being within only a few minutes from each other. As I ride down hwy 14 to the interstate on my way to work each day, I pass and/or see 5 different stations within about a mile from each other, and even they vary from each other by a few cents.

Sack