PDA

View Full Version : 17 U.S. soldiers killed in three days.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Is this a sign of success? Baghdad in lockdown, while Petraeus explains that the champaign bottle has been moved to the back of the fridge, and no light at the end of the tunnel? The surge is working, but what success there has been is fragile and reversable?

I surely cannot reconcile the statements made about the surge, when I factor the statements made by Michael Ware, the three retired generals, and Military Joint chiefs, and the three Middle East experts who testified, last week, about Iraq.

Bush said we had to stay because of the violence, then he said the violence is down, so have have to stay because it is down.

No wonder so many Senators were asking, "Is there any scenario under which you would approve of leaving Iraq?"

I don't blame Petraeus. His mission is to impliment policy, not choose it, however, does he have any obligation to his men, who have served their country so honorably?

How does a country like ours win a civil war, among many fractured ideologies, and militias,... regional, Ethnic, sectarian, and local? Iran and al Qaeda have gotten everything they wished for from the start. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-11-2008, 06:18 PM
How does a country like ours win a civil war, among many fractured ideologies, and militias,... regional, Et\WArhnic, sectarian, and local? Iran and al Qaeda have gotten everything they wished for from the start.

We SIMPLY DON'T. sid

Gayle in MD
04-15-2008, 07:00 AM
That must be why historians are calling it thw worst foreign policy disaster in our history?

Brace yourself. Republicans are going to vote for McCain, you know, the guy who voted for the Bush policy every step of the way?

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you this. If you store wine in an earthen jug, for years and years, and then one day it's empty, and you fill it with water, what will it taste like?