PDA

View Full Version : Free videos

jt10ball
04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I'll be posting a lot of instructional videos on this new video site called howcast. I just started this week by breaking up some of my previous lessons to fit their format but I'm also going to start filming some more specifically to fit their requirements (this editing stuff is really not for me) real soon. All from beginner to advanced instructional will be available for free.

People have asked why I would want to put up all this free instruction and the answer is so simple;
Its good advertising for me and I like for people to be able to see where the information is coming from, how i deliver it and I tend to get a lot of returning customers because of it.

Its good for the game for the average person to see how the game is actually played or thought of and what I'm trying to do with howcast by getting on board with them is block out the hacks that have bad pool videos so when the casual person comes along they get a good look at our sport. At least I hope it turns out to be agood look.

Anyways here's my page there http://www.howcast.com/users/JoeTucker and I would appreciate all ratings, comments or subscribers as they'll all help spread the word in the long run.

Last night I reduced a 112 ball run into 35 minutes and dubbed a voice over for it, got some real good break shots in that run. Here's the link for that;
http://www.howcast.com/playlists/190-How-To-Run-112-Balls

Treehumper
04-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Nice video Joe. The voice over really helps to deliver the message. Oh and the part with real life intruding was great! Is your son going to follow in your foot steps?

jt10ball
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks,not sure about the little one, I do make him practice every so often but don't want to push it on him.

BigRigTom
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Great videos and great shooting Joe!
I have seen some of the stuff on your site as well and that too is all good stuff.

How do you maintain your focus, it is obviously at a level to be admired and the videos support that.
I have done those rail exercises and they take a lot of skill, focus, concentration and persistence but they do work and I know they have helped my game.

Thanks again for sharing all this stuff.

jt10ball
04-11-2008, 05:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigRigTom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great videos and great shooting Joe!
I have seen some of the stuff on your site as well and that too is all good stuff.

How do you maintain your focus, it is obviously at a level to be admired and the videos support that.
I have done those rail exercises and they take a lot of skill, focus, concentration and persistence but they do work and I know they have helped my game.

Hey Tom thanks and thanks for subscribing, you too Joe.
I'm going to try and get instructional segment of the rail workout up on howcast tonight!
Thanks again for sharing all this stuff. </div></div>

wolfdancer
04-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Joe, thanks for doing that!!!!
Pool needs more folks like you!!!!!!

JoeW
04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
I signed on. Great stuff Joe. Hope to see more.

jt10ball
04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Thank you, There will be more like me coming in the very near future. I was lucky enough to be born at the right time, took up the game just in time to for accu stats, the first real or the best release of professional knowledge (imo) that put me on a real good path. And now after 20 years of being on that path I have the technology to spread the experience as fast as possible and I love doing it.

jt10ball
04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks Joe & thanks for adding me to your list! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Treehumper
04-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Love the rail workout. Next time I'm out I'll spend time doing it!

Eric.
04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
As always, great stuff. Thanks for posting, Joe.

Eric