PDA

View Full Version : Hold that Tiger

wolfdancer
04-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Tiger may be too far back to win the Masters, but his par at 18 was one for the highlight reel.
It was an interesting pairing; Tiger...about as fit, and as serious as an athlete can get, paired with Angel Cabrera, a little out of shape and at least, outwardly relaxed. And after two rounds just 2 strokes apart.

wolfdancer
04-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Another great par at 18 today,after a sliced drive. He might be the only one on tour that could have saved par on the closing hole the last two days.

DickLeonard
04-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Wolfdancer is out of it now he has never won coming of the pace, he only wins when he is leading. Very Strange. ####

wolfdancer
04-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Dick, he doesn't have "it" today, but then nobody is tearing up the course.....
He has several big comebacks to win tournaments, but you're right,none in the majors.
I realized the other day, this is the 51st Masters that I'm watching. Arnold Palmer won the first one I ever saw. I was "hooked" for life, and it's still my favorite tournament, with the British Open a close second.
A friend emailed me before the tournament and said Reyes was the favorite to win, but I haven't seen his name on the scoreboard....

sack316
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
I had a sense all week that he wouldn't win it. There was just too much talk about the grand slam, and how well he's been playing, etc. and you know when the talk gets too close to "sure thing" in sports it never works that way ***ahem-- Patriots---ahem***. My pick was actually Cink to win this week, who I just thought was gonna get it for some reason. I think the course fits his game well. He finished nicely in third right behind Tiger. I would have NEVER picked Immelman, though. My thoughts earlier were in the week was if not Cink, if not Tiger, if not Singh, then probably Mickelson.

On a side note, another thought crossed my mind the other day. How did Tiger do it? How did he manage to be the dominating force in a sport, and be so loved all the way around? It's such a rare case when that happenes, sort of like Jordan. Sports fan tend to progress to hating the better teams/players when they win too much, and get to the point where we watch them just hoping to see them lose. Just a random thing I had in my head the other day.

Sack

wolfdancer
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I confess, i didn't like Jack when he was dominating, didn't like Bradshaw, didn't like Mickey Mantle either....(but then I have always been a Red Sox fan)
I've been following Tiger since he beat Kip Kuehne in the Amateurs, coming from 6 back in the final 18.
He might have been the favorite, but given the fact that for those four days he would have to play his best, get some "rolls" and hope nobody else was having a "career event"
Second place proves he might be an earthling and not some alien; a mere mortal and not some God....