PDA

View Full Version : 98% Of Historians Say Bush Presidency A Failure

Gayle in MD
04-14-2008, 08:45 AM
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/poli...gh-on-bush.html (http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/politics/2008/04/11/the-first-draft-of-history-looks-a-bit-rough-on-bush.html)

What is so funny about this is that Republicans are doing what they always do when reality smashes them in the face, they just say it's a "Liberal Thing" LOL...what are the statistics on Historians?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush
By Kenneth T. Walsh
Posted April 11, 2008

President Bush often argues that history will vindicate him. So he can't be pleased with an informal survey of 109 professional historians conducted by the History News Network. It found that 98 percent of them believe that Bush's presidency has been a failure, while only about 2 percent see it as a success. Not only that, more than 61 percent of the historians say the current presidency is the worst in American history. In 2004, only 11.6 percent of the historians rated Bush's presidency in last place. Among the reasons given for his low ratings: invading Iraq, "tax breaks for the rich," and alienating many nations around the world. Bush supporters counter that professional historians today tend to be liberal and that it's too early to assess how his policies will turn out.

</div></div>

Gee, I guess the Historian World switched to liberal in under four years! Amazing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
You may be right on how historians treat Bush. at last in the near term. However, I think a much more interesting thing might be to examine how the present is working out for setting up the historic presidency of the first woman or black president.

A campaing against "The Chimp" as you call him is probably of limited value as, as far as I know, he is not running this time.

It would serve your cause much better to begin the downgrading of John McCain's war record and early signs of demencia as I see Bill Clinton is alreadt touting the memory of his 60 year old wife at 11:00 P.M. Not very good when she questions who should answer the phone at 3:00 a.m! It was so nice to see her and Obama not pandering to the Christians last night although I thought it was interesting that Hillary now believes that life begins at conception and that anti abortion leaders in the Democratic Party are now endorsing Obama.

Now that Bush is practically finished, it would seem more useful for you and us to be thinking of new names to call Hillary, Barack and John. Bushy, and The Chimp have had their day. Any ideas? The Whore of Babalon, John the Physo Killer, Obama the Hun?

sack316
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
oooh oooh, I wanna play!

"Looks like our new president really has us between Ba-Rack and a hard place"

"Thought this president sure would make a difference, but apparently he McCan't"

"Based on what she said, President Hil-lie-ry sure has some 'splainin to do!"

OK, I'm off my game or her name wasn't as easy... thank goodness there's so much personal stuff to go on. No matter who is next president, the comedy world will still have a much harder time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sack

Deeman3
04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Good ones...

This is just now getting interesting with Bill "helping" Hillary, Obama splainin' the "climg to their guns and religeon" stuff and McCain being made out as a warmonger who is a carbon copy of Bush. They loved him when he was fighting with them against Bush but now he has turned evil. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Wonder who has had the largest checks written to them by China in the last few years, Clinton or McCain? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif How can a person who can't run a campaign staff fo 100 people ever run the White House?

wolfdancer
04-14-2008, 02:08 PM
What else will it take to convince the other 2% ????????

Gayle in MD
04-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Well, since McCain has backed virtually all of Bush's policies, I think Bush's legacy is a huge issue. As for the names, I already call Obama, Obama-Rama. He's a rock star, you know. He has all the trappings, even the burnt brain, oh, but wait, does that make him a Bushy!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif You righties will be happy to know that I can't stand Obama! I'm one of those older women who thinks he ruined the election of my life!

I don't think many of us here are thrilled over the choices we have this time, but I can still recall the good times when there was a Clinton running this country, and I would gladly go back to those times when the most important issue was who got a BJ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
04-15-2008, 06:56 AM
They're unconvincable, I'm afraid. They're related to William Kristol... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
04-15-2008, 09:45 AM
cool Gayle, you literally made me laugh out loud. I'm glad I wasn't drinking milk at the time!

Sack

p.s. off topic, we're down to 152 days and counting until the personal changes we've discussed begin to go into action! Sack is excited!

Gayle in MD
04-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey, I'll send you a pm later about that...looking forward to meeting you, friend. :-)