PDA

View Full Version : Hillary clearly won the cat fight!

Deeman3
04-17-2008, 07:25 AM
I think Hillary clearly won the mud slinging last night.

However, some important points did come out. Both will not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year and will "Pay as they go" something analysts say will insure no additional spending for their presidency. This looks more promising.

As well, Hillary took the most agressive militart stance in American history as she will respond to any attacks on Isreal but now is providing an umbrella for the other Middle East countries who play ball with us. She would cap capitol gains at 20% to reduce the natural falloff in revenue that always occurs.

She pounded him on his anti-American associations as well but did say he could win the presidency.

She admitted her multiple lies on the sniper fire incidents and didn'tr even blink when Obama mentioned her pardon of the Weathermen Underground during her last presidency.

Both pandered broadly but, in fairlness, the two moderators were much more interested in tabloid talk than issues.

Overall both were staunch on their surrender in Iraq ASAP but Hillary was the one who was willing to commit to other military actions much quicker.

The interviews afterward with thier staffs strangly showed that both canidates squashed one another, depending on who they were interviewing.

Candy Crowley should not be shown split screen with John McCain as she makes him appear much younger than she. What happened? Is it only HDTV or did Abe Vigota take her place? Wow!

Both candidates have now completely caved to Pennsylvania popular appeal and set out stakes around their presidency that will make Jimmy Carter look effective.

Interesting night.

Gayle in MD
04-17-2008, 07:45 AM
I agree with most of your comments, friend, but not the last one.

If only the debates were moderated by the citizenry, we could more easily keep the issues in the forefront.

Last night convinced my that Hillary would be the best candidate to go up against McCain, who, BTW, has hired a very good make-up artist of late. We women know these things. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ps, I've been meaning to ask you this, you didn't really vote for Hillary in the primary, did you?

Deeman3
04-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Gayle,

Yes, I voted for Hillary in the Alabama primary. This is the honest truth.

I was sort of joking with the Jimmy Carter comment but do feel both candidates limited some of their presidential options with committments made on taxes and the war.

Please, please call Candy and give her some advice, soon!

We can agree that anyone could have done a better job of steering the candidates to issues instead of the old standby "association with crooks" questioning. I am now convinced that Hillary can stand up to the general election much better than Obama.

Gayle in MD
04-17-2008, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am now convinced that Hillary can stand up to the general election much better than Obama. </div></div>

I only hope that the super delegates could also see that. Now I hope this won't offend you, but have you heard what "They" are calling people who followed Limpballs's advice, by doing what you did in the primary? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
04-17-2008, 10:50 AM
I also thought she did quite well. I didn't think Obama necessarily did poorly, but she did outshine him on this night. And I actually liked the fact that they both, especially Hillary, took a firm and hard stance on some of their plans. From a strategic standpoint it may be bad in the longrun as both have more or less painted themselves in a corner with little wiggle room on the war and taxes when the general election rolls around... but personally I prefer "I will"s over "i hope"s or "I plan"s.

One knock I have on her in Penn so far... if she's gonna go out and be the Joe Every(wo)man with the blue collar people in what is affectionately called "Alabama" Pennsylvania, you don't order a shot of Crown Royal. You ask for whatever well whiskey they carry and make it a double, look to the guy next to you and say in a slurred voice "you don't know me! Only God can judge me damnit", knock it back, slam the glass on the bar and walk (stumble) to the restroom. Crown is the whiskey of an elitist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
[quote=Gayle in MD] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I only hope that the super delegates could also see that. Now I hope this won't offend you, but have you heard what "They" are calling people who followed Limpballs's advice, by doing what you did in the primary? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

No, but I, of course, did my voting before Limbaugh made his request and for entirely different reasons.

What, pray tell, did "THEY" say?

Gayle in MD
04-18-2008, 04:11 PM
LOL, J.K., but to tell ya the truth, I can't remember the name "They" were using. Just a bunch of people from both parties, BTW, calling into C-Span, and CNN, and such, saying that the people who were intentionally voting for a particular Dem. candidate in the primaries, solely out of their (Republican) parties best interests, as in Rush's promotion, were..........can't recall what kind of anti-patriotic insult it was, but they were suggesting that it amounted to election fraud, and should be prosecuted. They were pretty hot over it.

Deeman, are you telling me that you really voted for Hillary because you want her to win? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Nah, you don't have to answer that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
LOL...Never knew that, Sack. I've been sticking to the red wines, gotta try and get in all my anti-oxidents you know...:-)

pooltchr
04-18-2008, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, J.K., but to tell ya the truth, I can't remember the name "They" were using. Just a bunch of people from both parties, BTW, calling into C-Span, and CNN, and such, saying that the people who were intentionally voting for a particular Dem. candidate in the primaries, solely out of their (Republican) parties best interests, as in Rush's promotion, were..........can't recall what kind of anti-patriotic insult it was, but they were suggesting that it amounted to election fraud, and should be prosecuted. They were pretty hot over it.

Deeman, are you telling me that you really voted for Hillary because you want her to win? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Nah, you don't have to answer that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>
Please refresh my memory. Didn't I hear about a large number of Dems voting in New Hampshire in the Republican primary with a similar intent?
Steve

Sid_Vicious
04-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Is a red wine then same as a white Zinfidel, WHICH BTW IS RED IN COLOR INSIDE THE BOTTLE BY LOOKS? sid~~~needs a tru red wine to fix the heart.

sack316
04-18-2008, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL...Never knew that, Sack. I've been sticking to the red wines, gotta try and get in all my anti-oxidents you know...:-)
</div></div>

Gayle, you're such an elitist /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And actually, I don't understand why "elitist" is being used as an insult? I want my country's leader to be better than me. If I ever stand next to him/her, I should feel absolutely inferior. OK, and yes I realize I just opened up a whole can of worms for y'all to use for bashing our current leader... I'm just hoping I left it so open that it's too easy... you're better than that, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
04-19-2008, 05:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
And actually, I don't understand why "elitist" is being used as an insult? <span style="color: #FF0000"> Well, perhaps because "elitist" is just another way of saying "snob"...</span> I want my country's leader to be better than me. <span style="color: #FF0000">I don't believe anyone is better than me, just as I don't believe I am better than anyone else. Different? Yes. Better? No. </span> If I ever stand next to him/her, I should feel absolutely inferior. <span style="color: #FF0000">Several years ago, I was a driver for Fedex. I had the opportunity to meet Fred Smith, company founder and CEO and had a very nice conversation with him. Not only did I not feel inferior, he went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, and that he was interested in what I had to say. He even invited me to join him on his private jet on a trip from Charlotte to Memphis. A position of authority should not equate to "elitism". </span> OK, and yes I realize I just opened up a whole can of worms for y'all to use for bashing our current leader... I'm just hoping I left it so open that it's too easy... you're better than that, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Steve</span>

Qtec
04-20-2008, 05:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in fairness, the two moderators were much more interested in tabloid talk than issues. </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/16/stephanopoulos-left-field_n_97136.html?page=2)

It wasn't a debate, it was attack Osama, ..oops..I mean Obama time. LOL

Oil just tipped $117 a barrel... people are losing their homes.......falling dollar.....trade deficit........immigration etc etc are all unimportant topics it seems for the questioners.

Q............and McCain still gets a free ride from the LW media...? LOL

pooltchr
04-20-2008, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q............and McCain still gets a free ride from the LW media...? LOL </div></div>

Q,
If McCain is getting a free ride, it's only because Hillary refuses to admit she is going to lose and allowing the fight for the Dem nomination to continue. Osama and Hillary are in a dog fight, and that makes news. McCain is just quietly sitting back and watching them.
In a pool tournament, in the semi finals, all the attention is on the two players at the table. Nobody pays attention to the person on the hot seat until the final match begins.
Hillary and Obama are both going to emerge from this battle a little bloodied and bruised. It plays right into the Republican's hands. And if Hillary should wrestle the nomination from Obama at the convention, I think McCain could give her the 7-out and still win.
Steve

LWW
04-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Hillary won only because the messiah actually had to answer unscripted questions.

What a moron.

LWW

Deeman3
04-21-2008, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deeman, are you telling me that you really voted for Hillary because you want her to win? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Nah, you don't have to answer that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

No, I don't want her to win. However, aftrer getting to know the candidates, she is the lesser of two evils in the Democratic Party. I do give her credit for being a street fighter and tougher than even I expected. I do think, if she wins now, she will leave the party so bloody that even as president, she will have a tough time from both sides, the Republicans outright and the Democrats subversively.

I think Obama is way over his head right now and would be a pale imitation of Jimmy Hammas Carter if he wins.

Gayle in MD
04-21-2008, 08:26 AM
LMAO, right into Republicans hands, huh? That's good, because they surely don't have much money falling into their hands. Democrats are doubling the Republicans take. Sunday's Washington post article on McCain's reprehensible behavior over the years, which spotlighted some of his worst attacks on his peers, even Republicans, along with a short list of his history of outrageous vindictive retaliations against people who dared to disagree with him, certainly supports everything I've heard about his elitist attitudes, and how proounced they are in his dealings with others who make the mistake of disagreeing with him, Democratics and Republicans. Several Republicans are quoted in the article, and one, in particular, stated in plain language that his behavoir should exempt him from any opportunity to serve in the presidency, on mnetal health issues alone.

McCain, who can's give an interview without displaying his "Entitlement" mentality, clearly demonstrated his attitude that America owes him the presidency because he was a prisoner of war, he refers to it non stop, managing to bring his POW experience into the fray, as a defense fro his well documented flip flips.

There were incidents included in the article, including the names involved, where people had to jump between McCain, and the shocked reciever of his wrath, to prevent him from becoming violent.

Several other incidents, where he worked behind the scenes to have certain female aides to other Republican Senators, fired, because he percieved them as enemies, just because they defended their own Senators from his unorthadox, vicious attacks.

It is interesting that this article appeared on the very Sunday when I entertained my former pool league team, all but one of them either former Capital policemen, or Senate Office maintainence workers in the air conditioning, woodworking, and Office of the Architect, positions, having recently retired, but their recaps of McCain's ill behavior still crisp, and even more disturbing to listen to them now, given that he is closer than ever before to a shot at the White House.

I can only hope that more of these documented stories will surface in months to come. His painfully forced facade of soft spoken reserve so carefully displayed in his television appearances, is easy to see through when one has had the benefit of having heard from life long friends, the horror stories of his out of control verbal, and physical attacks.

When it is said that McCain would be Bush on crack, it's not just a joke. The thought of a man like him with his finger perched over the red button, is far more horrifying than even thoughts of Bush delcaring a police state, and canceling the elections altogether. Given all the damage we've already suffered from Bush and his appointees, that's saying something.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-21-2008, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if she wins now, she will leave the party so bloody that even as president, she will have a tough time from both sides, the Republicans outright and the Democrats subversively.
</div></div>

Frankly, Deeman, that sounds pretty good to me. Bringing people together is not my idea of keeping government in check, any more than having a party in power, that consistantly votes as a block on every critical issue, is what I personally think we need right now.

I'm all for divided government! Seems like our forefathers were also. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif They intentionally made governing a difficult, slow, task, with many obsticles to knee jerk policies. Everytime I hear Obama talk about bringing people together, I think, "Oh NO!"

Gayle in Md.