PDA

View Full Version : Three years and counting

dg-in-centralpa
04-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Three years ago I got a new lease on life. For those who were around at that time, I had a flesh eating disease and spent the first of three weeks in the hospital defying the doctors odds that I wouldn't survive. They gave me less than thirty percent chance of surviving. While it's only three years, it seems like much longer. The many cards and phone calls I got from my friends here helped me through rough times. I thank you all. You actually did more for me than some of my family.

DG - I guess heaven/hell wasn't ready for a stubborn dutchman

wolfdancer
04-17-2008, 10:29 AM
DG, it's not often someone posts here with some positive news...
your's is awesome!!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing; made my day....
I'm sure Heaven has room for Dutchmen....but you'll have to ride in the back of the bus once you get there.....

dg-in-centralpa
04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Or a horse and buggy.... with some Amish women

DG

wolfdancer
04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
do you also think they serve goat's milk fudge up there, as a treat?

dg-in-centralpa
04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm hoping for surf and turf. LOL And lots of chocolate without aining any weight....

DG

Deeman3
04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
My best to you my friend. You have always been there for us and we are very happy your still around. But wqe do like Ms. DG better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Still waiting for our Amish strip club trip. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Mrs DG is much better looking than I, I think the doctor hit me with the ugly stick when I was born. LOL I wouldn't be surprised if there is an Amish strip joint. I would love to go.

DG

wolfdancer
04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
There may not be an Amish strip joint, but years (and years) ago, a Greyhound bus driver told me about an Amish woman that rode his bus often...but he never noticed her getting off....he finally realized that she would change clothes in the RR....(I guess she changed clothes....so she could get off???)

dg-in-centralpa
04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
This is common in my area, the young Amish go to the bus terminal, have lockers with regular clothes, and become one of "us" and go out drinking, and partying. There was an accident about a year ago where two young Amish buys were "drag racing" with their horse and buggies. One of them lost control and the buggy flipped. It's fun to read the paper and see all the mischief they do.

DG