PDA

View Full Version : News on Tokyo 9-Ball Event

08-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Will it be going ahead this year? I heard the prize money will be decreasing too $250,000, is this true?

Nostroke
08-06-2002, 06:37 PM
That's what the Players in Cardiff were saying. I assume they know.

Patrick
08-06-2002, 07:06 PM
I don't want to go if it is so little. It costs $2000 to travel there.

Patrick

ted harris
08-07-2002, 12:26 AM
I went to Tokyo last november for the Tokyo International 9-ball tournament. After returning, and checking the website for the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.i-billiard-c.com/>International Billiard Council</a>, the organization that runs the Tokyo International 9-ball Tournament, the link to the IBC tour schedule showed the 2002 Tokyo tournament would not be the same prize fund. The premier of the Tokyo International 9-ball Tournament was just the beginning of their efforts to run a worldwide tour. Although the prize fund may be news to you and the players in Cardiff, it is not new news as it was listed from the beginning as not having the same prize fund. Looks to me like the IBC tour has been pretty successful so far. By the time the year is over, they will have given away something like $1.2 million plus in prize money.

Nostroke
08-07-2002, 07:53 AM
No one said it was news to the Players in Cardiff- I was just giving a source (somewhat vague) for the info that i heard that this years Tokyo event had half the prize money of last years.

HarryDC
08-07-2002, 08:17 AM
Ted,

Right on! I attended the Holland Open and Oliver Ortmann runs a great tournament. Mike Massey and Charlie Williams were in it. I sent the results to AZB Forum.

Pool is an international sport now so the Americans better pay close attention to the WPA World, IBC and UPA Rankings or they just may be out in the cold. Two grand is what it cost me to go to Holland but I stopped in England for Ladies English 8-Ball tournament. It won't cost so much to go to Job Billiards in Nashville for IBC USA in September. he he he

HarryDC

ted harris
08-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Last night I spoke to Mark Garrity of the IBC, and the prize money at the Tokyo International 9-Ball Tournament will be $200,000.