PDA

View Full Version : Bill O at his worst/best.

Qtec
04-20-2008, 05:35 AM
video (http://www.bradblog.com/?p=5909)

Priest tells reporter that Wright has been condemned on a few short clips [taken out of context] from sermons that lasted hours.

Bill O does the same job on the Priest and uses a 6 sec clip [ from a six minute interview ] to attack him.

Watch it.

Bill O is evil.

Q

LWW
04-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Doesn't that water get heavy?

LWW

hondo
04-20-2008, 02:32 PM
A question, Dub. Would it ever be possible for you to sit
down, watch something coming from a different point of
view than yours, and to actually give those ideas some contemplation? What's that? No? Not possible?
You're so predictable in every situation.

Qtec
04-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Eh!

You answered my post about Bill O but said nothing about the point of my thread.

Can't you see the manipulation? Bill O cut a small piece from a long video and went after the guy because he mentioned Farahkahn[ SP?], once!.
If anyone cares to watch the whole original interview they can all see the hypocracy and hate that has become the RW GOP media in America.

Bill O crucified a Priest on TV. Thats a fact.

Q

LWW
04-21-2008, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A question, Dub. Would it ever be possible for you to sit
view than yours, and to actually give those ideas some contemplation? What's that? No? Not possible?
You're so predictable in every situation. </div></div>
Yes, I do it all the time.

Jeremiah Wright being defended is not one of those cases.

To claim he was taken out of context is insane as well, this was not an isolated case and the evidence is quite clear.

Do you support Wright's comments?

LWW

Deeman3
04-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Some statements may be taken out of context. However, the hatful rants of this man are just that and no amount of claiming they werer part of some larger good makes them right. I defended Obama on his association but the pastor was and is wrong and the context has little to do with that.

Gayle in MD
04-21-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree. Obama was wrong to use the race card to defend such anti-American sentiments, IMO. I thought the press was disgracful the way most of them reacted to his speech about that. And also, about the statement his wife made about never vwefore being proud of our country, for which I don't believe she ever apologized, nor disclaimed, sufficiently. If one of Hillary's relatives had made such a statement, it would have been the end.

BTW, I've been trying to find some documentation on the historical time lines observed in the past, you know, timelines for settled nominations for both parties. It seems to me there have been quite a few times when it wasn't clear until the summer, and even well into the summer, at times, where the delegates stood, or whom the nominee was. I'm naturally put out that there are calls for an end to what, IIRC, has formally been par for the course, as regards Hillary's campaign.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
04-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes, it is not that unusual to have a later decision but just because the process started earlier, it seems like it is getting late. ONly if it goes into the conventions without a decision, is it possibly going to cause a 1968 type election. However, there is still plenty of time for everything to change.

hondo
04-21-2008, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A question, Dub. Would it ever be possible for you to sit
You're so predictable in every situation. </div></div>
Yes, I do it all the time.

Jeremiah Wright being defended is not one of those cases.

To claim he was taken out of context is insane as well, this was not an isolated case and the evidence is quite clear.

Do you support Wright's comments?

LWW </div></div>

Which ones? And I would need to hear the context of his comments.

eg8r
04-22-2008, 07:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And also, about the statement his wife made about never vwefore being proud of our country, for which I don't believe she ever apologized, nor disclaimed, sufficiently. If one of Hillary's relatives had made such a statement, it would have been the end.</div></div> I disagree, those who voted for Bill were able to look past the fact that he was a draft dodger. Having a President who was in control of the military whom also happened to be a draft dodger is 10 times worse than anything you think Obama's wife meant in that statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I've been trying to find some documentation on the historical time lines observed in the past, you know, timelines for settled nominations for both parties. It seems to me there have been quite a few times when it wasn't clear until the summer, and even well into the summer, at times, where the delegates stood, or whom the nominee was. I'm naturally put out that there are calls for an end to what, IIRC, has formally been par for the course, as regards Hillary's campaign.</div></div> Can you add another item to your research? It would be interesting to see how many Democratic presidents in the past actually waited until summer to be nominated. I wonder if waiting this long has ever been detrimental to the election of a potential Dem president.

eg8r

eg8r
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
I agree I think there is plenty of time and this election is the Dems to lose.

eg8r

Deeman3
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree I think there is plenty of time and this election is the Dems to lose.

eg8r </div></div>

You are correct. However, like Gayle says, the Democrats have most of the money, Hillary from the special interest lobbists and Obama from the people. I don't doubt their ability to demonize McCain at all costs. You can see what they are willing to do to each other! It made this recent Republican campaign look respectful even before the issue was settled.

SKennedy
04-22-2008, 03:23 PM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And also, about the statement his wife made about never vwefore being proud of our country, for which I don't believe she ever apologized, nor disclaimed, sufficiently. If one of Hillary's relatives had made such a statement, it would have been the end.</div></div> I disagree, those who voted for Bill were able to look past the fact that he was a draft dodger. Having a President who was in control of the military whom also happened to be a draft dodger is 10 times worse than anything you think Obama's wife meant in that statement.[quote]

Eg8r,
I have to disagree with you there. Conservative voters your age may feel that way, but those of us who are older remember very well the choices we made relative to Vietnam and why we made those choices. As a consequence, I feel that many of us that are of that age are not quite as judgemental on that particular issue.....whether is be about Bill dodging or George's guard duty, etc. During the "day" I despised those who avoided the draft by running off to Canada, etc. However, my disdain for them vanished with time....and I easily forgave them for not believing as I did. Just don't blow smoke up my butt years later and try to lie or save face by telling me you did your part for the war and our country by avoiding the draft to make some type of honorable statement, etc.
And if Obama's wife feels that way, that is fine too! She may even be justified in her feelings...although I can't understand it. However, I would have a hard time ever voting for her husband.....but that's because of many other reasons also!

Qtec
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
America is a free country, is it not? isn't everyone entitled to their own opinion?

Although Obama has condemned and totally disagreed with some of Wrights assertions, you seem to ignore him.

Do you agree with EVERYTHING your best friend says[ if you have one]? I have a lot of friends and we always disagree on some things. It doesn't mean I am going to cut a 20 yr friendship off because he/she thinks Hillary is best and I don't agree. Even if he believes there is a conspiracy about UFO's, should I disown him just because I disagree?

If Obama was out there repeating the sermons of Wright then you have a reason to condemn him but Obama has never uttered such words or idea's.

Q....BTW, you should read Ayer's REPLY to the inaccurate NWT article [ that you keep quoting] that twisted what he really said. Only do so if you are really interested in the truth.