PDA

View Full Version : The Democrats are on their game....

cheesemouse
04-20-2008, 10:16 AM
I think the powers that be in the democratic party are using a brilliant game plan to blow the GOP out of the water in the coming election. It is an old tactic called 'keep your powder dry'. While McSleepy waits for an opponent the Dems get to air their dirty laundry early and at their own timing. While the GOP goes to sleep waiting for the Dems candidate to be determined, perhaps as late as the convention, the Dems hold the spotlight and at the same time hold off the slim machine(the swiftboater type 527's) at bay. Brilliant I say, simply brilliant....

Deeman3
04-21-2008, 07:18 AM
It's working great! It will be hard to say the Republicans are using unfair tactics when all the bloody subjects have been brought up by HRC.

Keep up the good work.

LWW
04-21-2008, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheesemouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think the powers that be in the democratic party are using a brilliant game plan to blow the GOP out of the water in the coming election. It is an old tactic called 'keep your powder dry'. While McSleepy waits for an opponent the Dems get to air their dirty laundry early and at their own timing. While the GOP goes to sleep waiting for the Dems candidate to be determined, perhaps as late as the convention, the Dems hold the spotlight and at the same time hold off the slim machine(the swiftboater type 527's) at bay. Brilliant I say, simply brilliant.... </div></div>
YER FUNNEE!

LWW

Gayle in MD
04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Pelosi is also doing a great job in recent days, standing firm against Bush, on the pre-pardon tactics he's using to protect the telecommunication industry for breaking the law for him. Pelosi is also expected to stand firm on making Iraqis pay for their own war, and only providing enough money to get our guys and gals out of there. Given Al Sadr's threats of the past few days, I fear that my worst nightmare is nearing, and that we will see the very critical and debilitating up-surge in violence which had been predicted all along, both pre-surge, and throughout, by our American, Arab speaking experts, and retired general, making it almost impossible to get them out safely.

Arabs now see the United States in a light which will take decades to improve. And, as Bush cowers to the North Koreans, in his desperation to achieve some sort of passing appearance of competence, before returning to his play ranch, to count up his oil coffers, he's making concessions to the North Koreans that even John Bolton is attacking.

One can only hope that future presidents will recognize that a dedicated physical fitness addict, sports loving, Secretary of State, is not the gold standard for achieving international reconciliations in problem regions, with the potential for future threats, even though she can play Bach!

Meanwhile, Democrats are enjoying unprecedented campaign contributions, doubling the Republican contributions, as more and more unsettling articles document McCain's mental issues, and spotlight his connections to the many Lobbyists who are running his campaign.

Pelosi is going to tear Bush a new one this time, and I can't wait to watch him try to al Qaeda his way out of this one, given our present gas pump prices, a deepening recession, and a critically crumbling infrastructure, broken Army, and the harrowing state of our poor troops.

Gayle in Md.

cheesemouse
04-21-2008, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's working great! It will be hard to say the Republicans are using unfair tactics when all the bloody subjects have been brought up by HRC.

Keep up the good work.</div></div> Yes, she is playing her role very well. When the slim machines target is finally up it will be late in the game and they will get nasty fast therefore becoming hysterical, strident, and desperate...Bingo...Obamanation...brilliant I say...:)

cheesemouse
04-21-2008, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheesemouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think the powers that be in the democratic party are using a brilliant game plan to blow the GOP out of the water in the coming election. It is an old tactic called 'keep your powder dry'. While McSleepy waits for an opponent the Dems get to air their dirty laundry early and at their own timing. While the GOP goes to sleep waiting for the Dems candidate to be determined, perhaps as late as the convention, the Dems hold the spotlight and at the same time hold off the slim machine(the swiftboater type 527's) at bay. Brilliant I say, simply brilliant.... </div></div>
YER FUNNEE!

Sorry about your luck buddy...I realize your social retarded personality prohibits you from understanding tactics but then you have 8yrs of misery staring you in the face. I can tell from just getting threw 8yrs myself it is mental torture...enjoy...:)

LWW </div></div>

wolfdancer
04-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Well, if it is going as gleefully as you all predict...you might get your wishes fulfilled and have another 4-8 yrs of this...unfortunately "THIS" is draining our resources, weakening the country,stealing the future of thousands of young Americans, and the likelihood of a deep recession grows stronger by the day.
It's unfortunate that the Dems don't have a great candidate....but the Dems are the only hope left to save this country from the disastrous path that Bush has placed the country on, since McCain is a status quo guy...all the insiders are making money...why change anything?

Deeman3
04-25-2008, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, if it is going as gleefully as you all predict...you might get your wishes fulfilled and have another 4-8 yrs of this...unfortunately "THIS" is draining our resources, weakening the country,stealing the future of thousands of young Americans, and the likelihood of a deep recession grows stronger by the day.
It's unfortunate that the Dems don't have a great candidate....but the Dems are the only hope left to save this country from the disastrous path that Bush has placed the country on, since McCain is a status quo guy...all the insiders are making money...why change anything? </div></div>

I hope you are wrong, my friend but will say we do need a change in Washington. I hope that, if it is McCain, Clinton or Obama we will do better than we have recently. If the next president still protects America and slows wasteful spending, he/she will have my support as I have said. I do think McCain should not be ruled out as a change agent with the exception of the war and I think he will fight it much better.

I pray we make this country better without tearing it apart.

eg8r
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If the next president still protects America and slows wasteful spending, he/she will have my support as I have said. </div></div> I agree completely. The problem is that my view and a politicians view of wasteful spending do not overlap. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

eg8r

Bobbyrx
04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I thought you just told me Pelosi had no power because the Dems didn't have a 2/3 majority????

LWW
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought you just told me Pelosi had no power because the Dems didn't have a 2/3 majority???? </div></div>
Reality to Gayle is whatever it needs to be at the moment.

LWW

Gayle in MD
04-26-2008, 07:23 AM
I didn't say Pelosi had NO POWER. I said that she did not have the votes to impeach Bush and Cheney, because Republicans vote in a block, and they have blocked every effort to put pressure on the Iraqi Government, to fight for their own country, instead of jerking off America, both financially, and in blood and causualties.

Pelosi is working to get more Republicans to do the right thing. That's a tall order, but she does have control over what comes before the House.

You would have less opportunity to fog up my statements, if you stayed abreast of what is happening in your Government, and knew more about how it works. Why not spend a few days clicking on the links on C-Span? And while you're at it, check out how McCain flopped on protecting our troops from being tortured when they're captured, and check out how he is against giving our troops the same kind of G.I.Bill that we gave to WWII Vets. Check out how he is falling right in line with Bush's failed illegal occupation in Iraq, and check out the huge role that this war plays in our economic problems, right now. Check out the statements during the testimony of the major oil companies in our country, and how they have been grabbing all these subsidies from Bush, and Cheney, and doing absolutely NOTHING that would bring down these prices, or find other sources for energy, or refine more oil.

As I said long ago, Cheney fought to keep those energy meetings secret because he promised those oil men to drive up oil prices to %6.00 a gallon before the end of the Bush nightmare, and that goal is far easier to achieve when the Middle East is in unstable.

Now they're building another false case for hitting IRan, although their statements about Iran were made on evidence which is supposition at best.

Bush has axed another military leader, Admiral Fallon, and repleacing him with his newest puppet, General Betrayus.

Already we're hearing Americans accepting of the idea of revving it up with Iran, speaking and writing as though it is inevitablem when all we have is circumstantial evidence that they are involved in sending any bombs into Iraq, and no evidence at all of their uranium enrichment.

As I see it, the only way we can escape more Bushomania, and more devastating results from this Republican led insanity, is to do exactly what Pelosi is now doing, she's taking charge of what goes before Congress, and apply pressure against failed Bush policy, and against Iraq, to make some progress, and IMO, without the Democrats exposing the many failure in Iraq, we would have seen any improvment, slight though it may be, at all in Iraq. Bush had been telling them for four and a half years, that we would stay no matter what they did or didn't do. Easy for him, he isn't over there, nor any of his children.

John McCain is a disgrace for failing to step up to the plate on behalf of our young and brave who have given to much.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
04-26-2008, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Already we're hearing Americans accepting of the idea of revving it up with Iran, speaking and writing as though it is inevitablem when all we have is circumstantial evidence that they are involved in sending any bombs into Iraq, and no evidence at all of their uranium enrichment.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

"Iran announced Tuesday that it had resumed uranium enrichment efforts in defiance of international pressure to curb its nuclear program and said it will no longer comply with voluntary measures designed to enhance international inspectors' access to its nuclear facilities." --Washington Post Feb 15, 2006

This was 2 years ago when it was reported by the IAEA that Iran was using five centrifuges.

2 years after that: "President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said during a visit to Iran's main enrichment complex at Natanz that it had started installing 6,000 centrifuges at the facility, in addition to the 3,000 centrifuges already operating there."

Now of course it is entirely possible they are actually just trying to build a nuclear power program up in the face of oil shortages, as they say. Or it could be a whole lot of hub-bub and political deception and posturing. I don't know, and doubt anybody does. But one cannot say there is NO evidence or uranium enrichment.

Note: that doesn't take away from much of the rest of your statement. And you made me laugh with the "general" part /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Bobbyrx
04-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I didn't say Pelosi had NO POWER. I said that she did not have the votes to impeach Bush and Cheney, because Republicans vote in a block, and they have blocked every effort to put pressure on the Iraqi Government, to fight for their own country, instead of jerking off America, both financially, and in blood and causualties.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Well, no you didn't. I had replyed to a post from Q who had said the Neocon cabal had planned to stay in Iraq forever and I had replied " If this indeed was the "plan" by the Neo-Con cabal (which has been political suicide exept for the self destruction of Hillary and Obama), why are we still there when the anti Neo-Con cabal controls both the House and the Senate? to which you replied:
Becausae you can't completely control either side without a 60% majority, and the Republicans vote in a block on everything involving spying on Americans, and funding this militarily un-winnable civil war. How many times does it take, before you get it? Two thirds of both houses are required.
to which I replied:
You mean that the 2006 elections weren't a mandate from the people about the evil Republicans? They didn't give the Dems 66.6% majority so what was the big deal. Why was everyone on the left so excited? If two thirds is the big watermark then it seems that hundreds of bills that passed both houses correcting all these injustices would have been vetoed. I think Bush averages about one per year......and Democrats never vote in a block????? right.... who doesn't get it
To which I got no answer......so again the only thing the 2/3 vote does is over ride a veto. They can pass a bill by one vote so why aren't they doing anything to correct all these "injustices" ?

</span>

LWW
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Because they pimped the left for fools ... and rather than admit they have been had the left continues top carry the DNC water yelling B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! THE ENTIRE WAY.

LWW

Qtec
04-27-2008, 04:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheesemouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think the powers that be in the democratic party are using a brilliant game plan to blow the GOP out of the water in the coming election. It is an old tactic called 'keep your powder dry'. While McSleepy waits for an opponent the Dems get to air their dirty laundry early and at their own timing. While the GOP goes to sleep waiting for the Dems candidate to be determined, perhaps as late as the convention, the Dems hold the spotlight and at the same time hold off the slim machine(the swiftboater type 527's) at bay. Brilliant I say, simply brilliant.... </div></div>

There is plenty of ammo available to use against McCain. A simple poster would be this photo,
http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/mccain_bush-hug-713122.jpg

with the simple caption,

"Change?"

Q ......LOL

Qtec
04-27-2008, 05:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I agree completely. The problem is that my view and a politicians view of wasteful spending do not overlap. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

eg8r </div></div>

GW has just given a 100 billion handout to millions of people, is that wasteful spending?
When you consider how much the Govt has already spent bailing out banks, the 100 B is a pittance.
The Govt has overspent and borrowed and the end result is a massive transfer of Fed Dollars to Bush's minions. More ann more money/power has been transferred to less and less people.

Tax cuts for the rich and no-bid contracts handed out to 19 yr old kids etc, etc , etc. The waste has been enormous under GW and the next Dem Pres will have to make a lot of cut-backs.

Just think how much you would have saved if the US media had done its job and questioned the need for the Iraqi war?

Q

Qtec
04-27-2008, 05:14 AM
This guy and others like him must be LTAO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Countrywide's CEO takes home millions.

SEC filing shows Angelo Mozilo was paid $10.8 million in compensation and realized $121.5 million in stock options last year, when lender was slammed by housing crisis.
CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) -- A securities filing shows Countrywide Financial Corp. CEO Angelo Mozilo earned about $10.8 million in total compensation and cashed out $121.5 million in stock options last year.
The compensation disclosed in the Securities and Exchange Commission filing released Thursday represents a nearly 80% cut from the 70-year-old's 2006 pay of about $51 million.
The Calabasas, Calif.-based company reported a yearly loss of $704 million in 2007 amid the nationwide mortgage market meltdown.
Countrywide (CFC, Fortune 500) agreed in January to be acquired by Bank of America Corp. (BAC, Fortune 500) for $4.1 billion in stock.
The SEC has been scrutinizing the timing of Mozilo's stock sales. Mozilo has said he's cooperating with the inquiry and has denied making any improper trades.
</div></div>

Bobbyrx
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM
[quote=Qtec
GW has just given a 100 billion handout to millions of people, is that wasteful spending?

<span style="color: #FF0000">A handout would be giving the money to people who did nothing to earn it....this is money I worked for and besides, it sure seems like GWB isn't the only one wanting to take credit for it... </span>

"With 7.7 million Americans to begin receiving tax rebate checks next week due to a bipartisan economic stimulus plan passed earlier this year, <span style="color: #CC0000"> House Speaker Nancy Pelosi</span> is calling for a similar bipartisan effort to craft a <span style="color: #FF0000">second </span> stimulus package.

By the end of the summer, 130 million American families will receive so-called "recovery rebates," the California Democrat says.

President Bush and Congress agreed on the first economic stimulus package in an effort to head off a US recession. Democrats say economic circumstances have worsened and called for another stimulus. Republicans are reluctant to move a second stimulus until the first has had a chance to work.

"American families need these rebates for the rising cost of gas and groceries, and this will help get the economy moving. These checks will not come a moment too soon for families struggling with the economic downturn -- that they are a good, strong step," Pelosi says. "The strain of the economic downturn on middle- and low-income families demands, in my view, a consideration of a second stimulus package and we
have begun some conversations with the Administration and the Republicans on that."

Pelosi struck a seemingly conciliatory tone in seeking Republican cooperation on a second stimulus measure -- a different approach than the hardline she took earlier this month when she stalled a trade agreement with Columbia. That trade deal had been a top priority for President Bush and his Republican allies. Pelosi said she would allow a vote on that trade deal only after Republicans cooperated on passing a second stimulus.

"Just as we did with the Recovery Rebates, Congress must work in a bipartisan way to find solutions for the immediate crisis and for a long-term economic recovery for America," Pelosi says. "Specifically, we are working on efforts to pass additional sweeping legislation to keep millions of families in their homes, provide relief to millions of out-of-work Americans, and reduce the strain on families who are struggling with rising gas and grocery prices."

eg8r
04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
The entire tone of your post is one that would leave readers to believe that I have stood behind W's spending. Is this your intent?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tax cuts for the rich and no-bid contracts handed out to 19 yr old kids etc, etc , etc. The waste has been enormous under GW and the next Dem Pres will have to make a lot of cut-backs.</div></div> Outside of obliterating defense spending how often have you read about a Dem making a "real" cut in spending when they had control and needed to keep their seat?

eg8r

eg8r
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pelosi struck a seemingly conciliatory tone in seeking Republican cooperation on a second stimulus measure -- a different approach than the hardline she took earlier this month when she stalled a trade agreement with Columbia. That trade deal had been a top priority for President Bush and his Republican allies. Pelosi said she would allow a vote on that trade deal only after Republicans cooperated on passing a second stimulus.

"Just as we did with the Recovery Rebates, Congress must work in a bipartisan way to find solutions for the immediate crisis and for a long-term economic recovery for America," Pelosi says. </div></div> LOL, so this is the lefty's definition of bipartisan...We will block you until you give in and allow us to give away more money. Pelosi is a joke. She has been pitiful since her first 100 hour snafu.

eg8r

LWW
04-28-2008, 03:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The entire tone of your post is one that would leave readers to believe that I have stood behind W's spending. Is this your intent?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tax cuts for the rich and no-bid contracts handed out to 19 yr old kids etc, etc , etc. The waste has been enormous under GW and the next Dem Pres will have to make a lot of cut-backs.</div></div> Outside of obliterating defense spending how often have you read about a Dem making a "real" cut in spending when they had control and needed to keep their seat?

eg8r </div></div>
He shows his own ignorance first off in that the POTUS does not decide what money is spent.

Second, I can't think of the new congress bringing up a bill to cut ANYTHING.

LWW

Qtec
04-28-2008, 06:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A handout would be giving the money to people who did nothing to earn it....this is money I worked for and besides, it sure seems like GWB isn't the only one wanting to take credit for it... </div></div>

Its hard to imagine ANY American politician voting against 'money for the masses'! They don't have the nerve. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Sure, its always great to get back some of the money you have paid in taxes but these payouts are meant to compensate for the high gas, food prices and to [ again ] stimulate the economy. The people who work for low wages and need this money most will probably get nothing or next to nothing.

What GW has done is try to artificially stimulate the economy with money he doesn't have. Every time he does so, the value of the dollar goes down. The situation will just get progressively worse- its happened in Europe.
His tax cuts for the very rich were supposed to stimulate the economy but all that has happened is a huge transfer of wealth. [Its happeneing all over the world.] The Nat Debt is 9 trillion- imagine the interest on that alone!

Q...........and oil hits $120.....................

Qtec
04-28-2008, 06:40 AM
The POTUS does not decide? I thought GW was the Decider? Mmmmm... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The POTUS also does not make Law.......has somebody told GW that? When GW goes through a Law passed down by Congress with a felt tipped pen and draws lines through the sections he does not agree with, does he not change the Law?

If the US Con was being followed to the letter, GW and his buddies would be on trial for teason.

Q

Gayle in MD
04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
You don't get it. Republican blocked every investigation throughout their majority. contractors in Iraq have stolen us blind, and they couldn't have done it without Republicans blocking the investigations.

Bush veto cannot be overturned without two thirds majority.

The majority are Democrats, but it is a razor thin majority. They are still able to decide what is investigated, and what goes before the house, and when, but they can't overturn Bush, however, atleast we have been able to disclose much of the corruption in Iraq, and here, thanks to the Democratic majority, razor thin though it may be. And there will be more pressure on the Iraqis to perform, and make progress, now that Republicans are not in the majority.

Today, for example, there were whistle blowers from Halliburton's subsidiary, giving testimony about how they sold bad water to our troops, and how corrupt they are, and how much waste and corruption in going on over there. The Republican had blocked all those investigations. Atleast, now that they can't do that any more, our soldiers are beginning to get what they need to protect themselves, and Democrats are still trying to break into the Republican blockade against providing them with decent health care, education, and housing support when they come home. Atleast we are beginning to be able to protect our men and women from the Bush attack, on our troops, his policy which is against Army requirements. Four and five deployments, some now are even on their sixth, and without decent amounts of time at home, that is what he's done to them, and worse.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
What don't I get??? I know who controls the House and Senate and I know what margin is required to over-ride a presidential veto. What I'm saying and what you don't get is that HE HASN'T HAD TO VETO ANYTHING. No bill to stop the war, no bill to bring the troops home, no bill to drop evil Halliburton, no bill to magically lower gas prices, no bill to stop tax cuts for the rich, no bill to protect our troops from the evil Republicans,...nothing......which is what they have done

Gayle in MD
04-29-2008, 06:27 AM
Too bad you don't keep up with what your government is doing. Ever heard of Republicans walking out? Ever heard of filIbuster?
And while we're at it, ever heard of a President who signs bills, and then adds statements claiming that he isn't going to abide by them? Ever heard of a party that uses the Department of Justice for their own political advantage? Ever heard of the Supreme Court deciding who the president will be, and taking the decision away from the state which had the election problem, in spite of thousand of voters claiming disenfranchment, being kept out of the polls, being "Purged" off the voting lists?

Every respected Law professor has stated that the 2000 election was not legal. Ohio, in 04, was thrown by a guy who has since written a book about how he did it, after he got out of jail, for doing it, of course.

Pretty funny reading statements from righties about closed minds...

eg8r
04-29-2008, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad you don't keep up with what your government is doing. Ever heard of Republicans walking out? Ever heard of filIbuster?</div></div> It is funny you brought up the word filibuster. The last time I heard about it so prominently in the news was in 2003 when the Dems were filibustering all the judicial nominees left and right. Here is the link (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/17/163742.shtml), <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Democrats had posted a huge sign with 163 to 4 on it, giving the misleading view that 98 percent of Bush's nominees have been approved. This debate, however, was not about trial judges or federal district court nominees. It was about nominees to the courts of appeal.

As soon as the talk-a-thon was finished, there were three more cloture votes, so Democrats were then formally filibustering six.

But wait, there's more. Democrats have served notice that they intend to filibuster six more, so the number being opposed is really 12 so far. Moreover, that's 12 out of a total of 41 nominees. Those are pretty significant numbers. Republicans should have had a counter sign to call attention to the real issue.

</div></div> Sure there are examples of Reps using the filibuster but Gayle's post leads people to believe the Reps are the only ones doing it.

So yes, Gayle, we have heard of filibuster and for the past 5 years the Dems have belittled the voting public and citizens of the United States by using and threatening to filibuster left and right.

Your mention of the 2000 election is ridiculous and a complete strawman. The reason being is that you don't have any idea what a respected law professor is and frankly EVERY SINGLE RECOUNT OF THE VOTES HAVE SHOWN BUSH AS THE WINNER OF THE ELECTION. Given that tidbit of info that you like to ignore there should have been no need to ever go to the level it did other than the Dems were whining that they lost and decided to drag out the losing fight as long as they could.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty funny reading statements from righties about closed minds... </div></div> It is even more funny reading your hypocritical statements and pointing them out to you for all to see. Now, head back to your sheep and remind them just how much you know and how everyone else is uninformed.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad you don't keep up with what your government is doing. <span style="color: #FF0000"> there you go condecending again </span> Ever heard of Republicans walking out? Ever heard of filIbuster? <span style="color: #FF0000">Two perfectly legal tactics that have been used for years by BOTH parties </span>
And while we're at it, ever heard of a President who signs bills, and then adds statements claiming that he isn't going to abide by them? <span style="color: #FF0000"> yes</span> Ever heard of a party that uses the Department of Justice for their own political advantage? <span style="color: #FF0000"> two of them as a matter of fact</span> Ever heard of the Supreme Court deciding who the president will be, and taking the decision away from the state which had the election problem, in spite of thousand of voters claiming disenfranchment, being kept out of the polls, being "Purged" off the voting lists? <span style="color: #FF6666">the word "claiming" says it all, none proven. What was shown was every recount done in FL showed that Gore still lost including the far from conservative NY Times </span>

Every respected Law professor has stated that the 2000 election was not legal. <span style="color: #FF0000"> How much would you like to bet on that statement</span> Ohio, in 04, was thrown by a guy who has since written a book about how he did it, after he got out of jail, for doing it, of course.

Pretty funny reading statements from righties about closed minds... </div></div> <span style="color: #FF0000">Well if you look at my posts, I have said nothing about closed minds. What I have said is again the only thing the 2/3 vote does is over ride a veto. They can pass a bill by one vote so why aren't they doing anything ........
</span>

Gayle in MD
04-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Democrats have a 1.01 member margin of control in the Senate. Republicans are locked into the concept of 60 votes, by threat of a filibuster. There are a lot of things that Democrats wanted to do, that Bush pushes Republicans to block.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Everything you have written in this post is a joke.

Correcting all your lies is a massive undertaking. Since your posts are irrelevent, and your party, and it's philosophies have been proven to be damageing to our country, and your party only captures 28% of voters, and losing more weekly, I nolonger find it worthwhile to debate with you.

Your inability to acknowledge Valarie Plames covert status is all anyone here needs to know about you.

As for being OLD, your accusation from another post, with a feeble attempt to dilute, after the fact, here's my offer, Ed.

Bring your running shoes to Maryland as we'll see who's old. I'm not carrying the weight of another person on my back, and I'm not overweight, and therefore, running up health care costs for the rest of the country. You've got a lot of nerve safely behind your desk, lets see what you're made of on the track. I'll leave you, and your nutty opinions behind me in the dust.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-30-2008, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything you have written in this post is a joke.</div></div> Well you started it with your mention of the filibuster. I guess it is true about memory and age. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I guess when you weigh as much as two people, even your brain is weighted down with hubris. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Your comeback does not change the facts of the original statement. Good try though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
You don't know what a fact is, Ed. And as for reality, it's beyond your ability to admit any reality that exposes the complete incompetence of George Bush, and the Republicans that have supported his failed policies, and blocked all the legislation that could have held him to the gun for the mess he's made. But then you still insist that Valarie Plame was just a secretary. And Steve thinks we aren't being gouged by Big Oil.

All I can say is follow the yellow brick road....

eg8r
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Keep your head in the sand gayle.

As for Steve, he never said he did not think you were being gouged. What he said was that you are ignorant of the difference between profit and profit margin. To this day I doubt you have even bothered to learn the difference. You are a scaremonger and don't understand what the actual numbers mean, you just see a big number and think bad things about people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But then you still insist that Valarie Plame was just a secretary.</div></div>I have stated before that I do this to bug you. You like everyone to think you know what you are talking about but all you are doing is regurgitating your favorite talking heads or telling us what your lifelong friends have been saying. None of it is fact to the rest of the world except for the sheeple of the left. You lead them well as you are about to head over the cliff.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Gayle is probably the most well read ( politically ) here; every book, article, etc about this admin. I'll admit to forming my opinions just from the news reports, and morning papers....also avoiding most of the slanted stuff that Fox puts out.
Since none of what Gayle reads, or hears (she does have some political connections) is true, according to you....where can she go to get the same FACTS that you and lww publish ?
Sheeple , by the way, usually refers to blindly following the dictates of those in power.
I prefer using Judas goats as a metaphor....and damn if someone didn't write a book about the Bush "Judas Goats"
http://www.wingtv.net/judasgoats.html

eg8r
04-30-2008, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sheeple , by the way, usually refers to blindly following the dictates of those in power.</div></div>Gayle dictates what you guys believe. She is your queen sheep.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Surely you don't think that Reid, Pelosi, H.Dean don't push the Democratic senators and congressmen to vote certain ways. They all do it. That's why we don't have just one party. If the Dems really wanted to pass legislation about the myriad of things they complain about they should do it and force Bush to veto them, putting all the political pressure on him

wolfdancer
04-30-2008, 03:14 PM
A really stupid statement, more worthy of lww, then yourself....or have you sunk to his level of rhetoric?
Gayle, by the way introduced using the term "sheep" into the lexicon here on the CCB....you do her great honor.. ( imitation is the sincerest form...)
You still haven't answered my question though...where do you and your "weakest link" cohort get your unimpeachable "facts" from?

wolfdancer
04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
"Second, I can't think "
This is your most honest statement to date....
Do your realize that the oxygen that you are wasting could support intelligent life?
I have it figured out that either BD is paying you to provide comic relief....or you are being paid by the DNC to make the Republicans look stupid....or both
And I'd like to take this opportunity to compliment you on the fine job that you are doing to achieve those twin goals!!

eb_in_nc
05-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Maybe we can have the "Super Delegates" decide if Gayle is the Queen Sheep.

She seems to have a lot of influence and not too short on words, so perhaps we can get her to do a follow-up trip to Carter's visit with the Hamas.

eg8r
05-01-2008, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, by the way introduced using the term "sheep" into the lexicon here on the CCB</div></div>LOL, now that is funny. You remember something that little from almost a decade ago yet you guys cannot remember any real meaningful history. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still haven't answered my question though...where do you and your "weakest link" cohort get your unimpeachable "facts" from?
</div></div> I almost always give the link. Just to clarify things for you...Gayle posts 99% opinion, never fact. Then on that 1% she does decide to attempt a fact it is paraphrased by some editor or author of a book.

eg8r

eg8r
05-01-2008, 08:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She seems to have a lot of influence and not too short on words, so perhaps we can get her to do a follow-up trip to Carter's visit with the Hamas.
</div></div> A lot of influence? LOL, that is funny. On the other hand I do like your idea of sending her over to chat with Hamas. Maybe we could send her and Gore over on her big boat and call it a green trip to save the earth one terrorist group at a time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eb_in_nc
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I thought you'd get a chuckle from that.

Gore can supply his own hot air to fill the boat sail - Green and cost effective at the same time. Hopefully enough for a one way excursion.

wolfdancer
05-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Somehow my reply did not get posted, but:
"....yet you guys cannot remember any real meaningful history."
"...Gayle posts 99% opinion, never fact. Then on that 1% she does decide to attempt a fact it is paraphrased by some editor or author of a book."
AND those are just your opinions....
the first absurd statement doesn't even qualify as circular reasoning....
re: your next conclusion...Gayle has a voracious reading appetite for anything political..you may not agree with her opinions...but she's not just "winging it"
AND you give the link, but knock her for her "links"????

Now here are some "facts" for you to digest...
Jimmy Carter is a great man, and a great Christian....may not have been our greatest President, but he's far from the worst...as GWB has a lock on that title for the next one hundred years at least.
GWB can't hold a candle to Jimmy in either the brains or the moral dep't. Jimmy lives a Christian life....GWB is a Sunday go to meeting type. I can't see GWB ever rising to a comparable level of a Sub Commander....that is if he had ever joined the military.
On the day of final judgment, you should hope you are in line behind Jimmy and not GWB, especially if you need to use the restroom facilities

Bobbyrx
05-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Jimmy Carter is the weakest president in my life time and now has turned into (if he wasn't all along) an antisemitic nut

eg8r
05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now here are some "facts" for you to digest...
Jimmy Carter is a great man, and a great Christian....may not have been our greatest President, but he's far from the worst...as GWB has a lock on that title for the next one hundred years at least.
GWB can't hold a candle to Jimmy in either the brains or the moral dep't. Jimmy lives a Christian life....GWB is a Sunday go to meeting type. I can't see GWB ever rising to a comparable level of a Sub Commander....that is if he had ever joined the military.
On the day of final judgment, you should hope you are in line behind Jimmy and not GWB, especially if you need to use the restroom facilities
</div></div>My guess is you were trying to be funny? All kidding aside, I think Carter has done far worse for this country than good since he has left the Presidency.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-03-2008, 02:03 PM
My guess is you were trying to be funny? All kidding aside, I think Carter has done far worse for this country than good since he has left the Presidency.

No, I have great respect for Jimmy Carter, and absolutely none for GWB. Also think your hero has done far worse for this country than good since he has been President....a national disgrace.
and with the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands....not even johnny Cochran can get Gw off come judgment day.

hondo
05-03-2008, 05:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess is you were trying to be funny? All kidding aside, I think Carter has done far worse for this country than good since he has left the Presidency.

No, I have great respect for Jimmy Carter, and absolutely none for GWB. Also think your hero has done far worse for this country than good since he has been President....a national disgrace.
and with the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands....not even johnny Cochran can get Gw off come judgment day. </div></div>

Our dear friend LWW has agreed to defend W on Judgement Day.

nAz
05-04-2008, 10:28 AM
What exactly made Jimmy Carter the worse Prez?

nAz
05-04-2008, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Our dear friend LWW has agreed to defend W on Judgement Day. </div></div>

I thought they were one and the same?

Qtec
05-05-2008, 05:31 AM
eg8r made that statement, not wolf.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-05-2008, 09:07 AM
FYI, Steve's statement does not fly with the sworn testimony of the Exon Representative when he testified before Congress that the current price of oil has nothing to do with market fundamentals, but is being driven by energy traders, otherwise it would be in the $55.00 range instead of the $120.00 range, he said, where it was at the time, although higher now.

Neither of you know a fig about the economy. But then, you both voted for George Bush, twice! BWA HA HA HA....too funny. OMG&lt; an administration full of oil men and woman, Rice, and who wouldda thunk it, oil, almost at four dollars a gallon, and war in the Middle East!

"Don't worry boys, I'll have those oil prices up around six bucks a gallon by the time we're outta here."

Dick Cheney....

Don't bother responding, Ed, you're irrelevant.

Gayle in MD
05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
He wasn't. He had the same misfortune which will befall our next president, inheriting years of Republican controlled economic policies and corruption.

Jerry's Ford's solution for the bad economy that followed Nixon, and Ford, the typical illogical Republican BS...

"Pull in your belts."

Jery Ford

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
05-05-2008, 12:19 PM
It is true that speculators, the weak dollar and greedy oil people are the reason the oil prices are so high.

The rest of the world is now saying, "Welcome to our world!"

wolfdancer
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Oil is a minor problem...the crack epidemic is of real concern
http://www.veoh.com/channels/myi

Deeman3
05-05-2008, 12:54 PM
That is my kind of crack problem!

You are right, Oil is not a big problem in terms of actual cost but more in terms of driving everything else up and, of course, the profiteers that keep bidding it up. We can hope for a crash for the speculators and, perhaps, a more sane policy on additional drilling, alternate fuels, not ethynol that uses up our food crops and causes more net polution than the gas itself.

Even the evil French have come to love safe reactors and Europe is dotted with them. Maybe, just maybe $6 a gallon will be exactly what we need to make us do something. As for me, it's the motorcycle every sunny day now. Of course, I like riding it as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI, Steve's statement does not fly with the sworn testimony of the Exon Representative when he testified before Congress that the current price of oil has nothing to do with market fundamentals, but is being driven by energy traders, otherwise it would be in the $55.00 range instead of the $120.00 range, he said, where it was at the time, although higher now.

Neither of you know a fig about the economy. </div></div> Wow you really are ignorant of profit margin aren't you. This is probably the fifth time you have tried to change the subject. Steve's statement was directly in line with the Oil representative that was on the tube the other day. I cannot remember which company he was from but he was quite clearly talking about profit margin and he even tried to explain it to the ignorant like you who only believe in scaremongering people with profit numbers.

eg8r &lt;~~~now wondering what the queen sheep will try to use to switch the subject once again

eg8r
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Nobody made that statement you goofball. The statement that I made was that Carter has done worse for this country than good since his Presidency. Now I know this is not going to come across nice but it gets old seeing your comprehension at such a low level. If you cannot understand what people are saying quit jumping up trying to clarify things with your muddied thoughts.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-06-2008, 07:41 AM
The fact is you did stand behind Bush's spending when you voted for him the second time. By then, he had already put this country in the hole, and ad been caught lying us into a war. Now you try continuously to deny your support of Bush and his administration wasteful incompetence, of wasteful spending, of lost billions, never located. YOU DID SUPPORT IT WITH YOUR VOTES.

Now, given the undeniable results of wasteful Republican spending, and war profiteering, even at the detriment of the safety of our troops, you are out here trying to back off every Bush that you supported on this board for the last almost eight years.

What a total hypocrit!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Thank you, and some, are raking in the dough, and as Q says, laughing all the way to the bank.

Here is a question, friend, do you think we'll ever have all the proof of Cheney's secret deals?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The statement that I made was that Carter has done worse for this country than good since his Presidency. </div></div>

Nice grammar there Ed, but not only is it gramatically incorrect, it is outrageously factually incorrect. Now lets see you back it up with any proof that Jimmy Carter has done anything but give of his time to the benefit of this country, its citizens, and for the advancement of peace, throughout his life.

Takes a lot of nerve to write such lies about a nobel prize winning ambassador for peace, like Jimmy Carter, while accusing others of being partisan, especially in your case, a supporter of the Bush administration.

Your hypocracy is astounding, but then, you're only capable of echoing Rush's BS.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2008, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow you really are ignorant of profit margin aren't you. <span style="color: #000066">No, I'm not ignorant about profit margins, both you and Steve are ignorant about price fixing. </span> This is probably the fifth time you have tried to change the subject. <span style="color: #000066">Just because you are incapable of following, doesn't mean anyone is trying to change the subjcet, you are just too dumb to grasp the the original ignorance of sTeve's statement in the first place. </span> Steve's statement was directly in line with the Oil representative that was on the tube the other day. <span style="color: #000066">Steve's statement had nothing at all to do with what is really going on. What we are seeing goes far beyond any logical discussions of basic profit vs. profit margin economics. </span> I cannot remember which company he was from <span style="color: #000066">LOL, senility creeping in, Ed? You know, they say exercise does fend it off. </span> but he was quite clearly talking about profit margin <span style="color: #000066">Yet another vague attempt, without any documentation of what you think you heard someone else say? </span> and he even tried to explain it to the ignorant like you who only believe in scaremongering people with profit numbers. <span style="color: #000066">LMAo, I don't have to scare anyone. the results of the man you voted for twice, already have the entire country in fear, every time they have to fill up. </span>

eg8r &lt;~~~now wondering what the queen sheep will try to use to switch the subject once again
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">If you are going to continue to hi-jack my use of the word "Sheep" for you and your fellow Bush supporters, you should atleast give Bill Maher credit, as I did when I used his term, "Sheep" for all those who ran back into the booth and voted for, and believed in, the biggest liar that ever slept in the White House. Bah Bah Bah, Ed, "Sheep are dumb, and they stink!"

Bill Maher. </span>

eg8r
05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, I'm not ignorant about profit margins, both you and Steve are ignorant about price fixing.</div></div>We were not talking about price fixing. You like to change the subjec to hide the fact that you have run out of your limited knowledge on the subject.

LOL, funny that a person in your position would be asking me about senility. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are going to continue to hi-jack my use of the word "Sheep"</div></div>Wow, you really are egotistical. In the grand scheme of things you are a "know-it-all-nobody" and no one is hijacking your egotistical use of the word sheep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bah Bah Bah, Ed, "Sheep are dumb, and they stink!"
</div></div>I have never smelled you but I will take your word for it. The dumb part, well we have all witnessed that in the profit margin discussions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Truth is, Ed, I am so done with you, have been done with you, for years.

You don't bring out the best in me to say the least, so you are back on total ignore. I know that won't assist you in any way to overcome your addiction to my posts, but a person such as yourself, who has been totally wrong about every single subject for almost eight years, is no longer relevant.

You voted twice for the worst president in history, and yet have the nerve to call nearly everyone else here, who was right about Bush, all along, ignorant, partisan, and worse.

I think that everyone here who has posted throughout these Bush years, other than your fellow right wing nuts, that isees through you, and your pointless, irrelevant, argumentative posts, which encompass no value whatsoever.

Now get off the computer and go earn what they're paying you, for a change! God knows it's costing the rest of us tax payers plenty!

eg8r
05-06-2008, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice grammar there Ed, but not only is it gramatically incorrect, it is outrageously factually incorrect. Now lets see you back it up with any proof that Jimmy Carter has done anything but give of his time to the benefit of this country, its citizens, and for the advancement of peace, throughout his life.</div></div> You are certainly the last person I would listen to with respect to grammar. Although I can see your ego is still unchecked. Now back to you asking me to back my statement about Carter...You are changing the subject. I said he has done worse for our country than good. This has nothing to do with..."give of his time to the benefit of this country, its citizens, and for the advancement of peace, throughout his life". I know that this will be hard for you to get through you stone like head and actually ask you to pull away your partisan blinders but Carter could give all the effort in the world and still be a failure. At this point Carter has done more "bad" for our country than he has ever done any good. Like you, he would rather sit with terrorists and drink tea then actually rid the world of the terrorists. After you and Jimmy get done with the tea and head back to the US to pat your backs, the terrorists went back out and bombed some more innocent civilians.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Takes a lot of nerve to write such lies about a nobel prize winning ambassador for peace, like Jimmy Carter</div></div>LOL, much the same about all the lies you have said about the current administration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your hypocracy is astounding</div></div> Yes, so is your spelling. I went ahead and looked up your spelling and found it in the urban dictionary which explains a lot of things when we are trying to filter through your BS.

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2008, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't bring out the best in me to say the least, so you are back on total ignore. I know that won't assist you in any way to overcome your addiction to my posts, but a person such as yourself, who has been totally wrong about every single subject for almost eight years, is no longer relevant. </div></div> A good example of me being wrong would be the case about your favorite secretary. You have all the evidence in the world, but in the end I was correct when I said you have nothing and cannot prove guilt.

So queen sheep I approve you switching me back to ignore. Do what you need to do to make sure nothing gets in your way before you fall off the edge of the cliff. Over these past 8+ years it has been quite clear that you refuse to remove your blinders and only believe your partisan viewpoints are correct. You are the lww of the left on this board.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
05-06-2008, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Here is a question, friend, do you think we'll ever have all the proof of Cheney's secret deals?

Gayle in Md.</div></div>

What proof do we have now?

Qtec
05-07-2008, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody made that statement you goofball. The statement that I made was that Carter has done worse for this country than good since his Presidency. Now I know this is not going to come across nice but it gets old seeing your comprehension at such a low level. If you cannot understand what people are saying quit jumping up trying to clarify things with your muddied thoughts.

eg8r </div></div>

Try and follow.
nAz replied to a post from wolf . His Q [ "What exactly made Jimmy Carter the worse Prez?"] was directed at this statement,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My guess is you were trying to be funny? All kidding aside, I think Carter has done far worse for this country than good since he has left the Presidency.

eg8r </div></div>

What wolf said was, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, I have great respect for Jimmy Carter, </div></div> which is totally different from your point of view about Carter. He just forgot to quote your words.

Yeah, yeah, I know you didn't say Carter was the worst Prez but nAz's Q cannot have been directed to wolf. Thats all.

Q.......

eg8r
05-07-2008, 08:43 AM
So goofball it is tough for you to admit you misrepresented what I said. Naz asked what made Carter the worst president. You replied that Ed said that. I replied saying I did not say that. The following quote from you just does not make any sense.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, yeah, I know you didn't say Carter was the worst Prez but nAz's Q cannot have been directed to wolf. Thats all.</div></div> So what? His question cannot be directed to wolf, what does that have to do with you misrepresenting what I said?

eg8r

DickLeonard
05-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Eg8r My take on Jimmy Carter is that we are not a Christian country. His Presidency proved that. There is no profit in Peace and the Forces of Evil in our Government with their overflowing bank accounts will put up road blocks at every corner. Let us arm every unstable country with weapons, some of them Newclear.

I still believe the Evil Whitehouse/Blair House allowed 911 to strip the Constitution of Checks and Balance on the Presidency. Something Dick Cheney learned from from Shrub's father during Desert Stormt.

My favorite reply was Condy Rice's "who would have thought of flying planes into buildings".####

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Bravo, Dick, and Condi, hands down, is among the best liars ever to ever emerge on the political scene.

The vast corruption of the Bush administration will continue to be the subject of books, for years to come. More and more will surface, as time goes by, and their power to intimidate is gone, and lets hope that our Democratic process, our Constitution, and our system of checks and balances, including the original intention of our founders Separation of Church and State, may all once again have some power and respect.

Soon, thankfully, George Bush will be back on his play ranch, catching fish, that don't exist, and congratulating himself on a fine job brownie. Rice, Bush and Cheney can now go get their secret payoffs from big oil, and Cheney, can scare the children in St. Michalels, instead of horrifying the whole world with his war profiteering war mongering, while Halliburton can commence with their campaign contributions to the next Republican leader of the Military Industrial Complex.????????????????

America, I hope, will become hell bent on verifying every single attempt that ever comes before it, to occupy foreign countries, under false pretenses.

love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The statement that I made was that Carter has done worse for this country than good since his Presidency. </div></div>

He is incapable of following anything, because his goal is always to twist everything that he, or anyone else writes. Here's what he said, and yet he offers no proof of his statement. The only thing he CAN do is insult others. That is his ONLY contribution to this forum. And admitting that he is wrong, is out of the question. His every post, is basically, irrelevant.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I missed the Condi Rice getting secret payoffs from "big oil". Where did that one come from? I didn't see it on Fox.....

eg8r
05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes we have been hearing your "beliefs" for 7 years now.

I have noticed gayole is up to her old tricks again. I am on total ignore only until someone else responds to me then she will pipe in with more BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite reply was Condy Rice's "who would have thought of flying planes into buildings".####
</div></div>That is right along the same lines as hillary under sniper fire. I sure am glad she got crushed last night.

eg8r

eg8r
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is incapable of following anything, because his goal is always to twist everything that he, or anyone else writes. Here's what he said, and yet he offers no proof of his statement.</div></div> LOL, more proof you have a comprehension problem. You posted my statement which is definitely not what Naz said which Q blamed me for saying. Sorry queen sheep, you know that saying about old dogs, new tricks...so much for fixing your comprehension issues.

eg8r

Qtec
05-08-2008, 12:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So goofball it is tough for you to admit you misrepresented what I said. Naz asked what made Carter the worst president. You replied that Ed said that. I replied saying I did not say that. The following quote from you just does not make any sense.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, yeah, I know you didn't say Carter was the worst Prez but nAz's Q cannot have been directed to wolf. Thats all.</div></div> So what? His question cannot be directed to wolf, what does that have to do with you misrepresenting what I said?

eg8r </div></div>

First of all my post was to nAz and I didn't misrepresent anything. I never even quoted you.
Actually I think nAz's Q should have been directed to Bobbyrx who said, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jimmy Carter is the weakest president in my life time </div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
05-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Additionally, I made a reference to Ed's statement, only. His ability to twist everything is amazing. The only thing Ed is really excellent at doing is being nasty, insulting, and rude. Again, he adds absolutely nothing of value to discussions here.

He had indicated some time back, new realizations about his constant nastines, apparently his brief period of inspirational reflection, compliments the great "Men's Meeting," didn't last long. So much for religious transformation. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
05-08-2008, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First of all my post was to nAz and I didn't misrepresent anything. I never even quoted you.
</div></div>No one is questioning who you were replying to. You did misrepresent what I said or you lied on purpose. You did not have to quote me, you said that I was the person that said Carter was the worst President. I never said that, so you were wrong.

Again, now you are saying Bobby is the person who said what Naz said, yet again, even reading the quote you provided Bobby did not even say it. A more logical response from you to Naz should have been no more than a question to Naz asking him who said what he said.

I noticed the queen sheep (who is finally figuring out that hillary is not electable) is back to her old antics again. She has me on total ignore but that only lasts until someone replies to me then she jumps in. LOL, her games crack me up.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Your ignorance is truly astounding.

Jimmy Carter, FYI, ended the grudges between Egypt and Israel.

Jimmy Carter, who inhereted the Nixon/Ford recession, has worked for peace throughout his life, and runs the Jimmy Carter Center, which provides aid and assistance for the poor and the homeless all over the world.

George Bush isn't good enough to lick his boots, and you should be ashamed of yourself, calling the man who managed successful peace negotiations between two countries, one of them Israel, anything but honorable, a man who has won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Nothing you write here is correct. Jimmy Carter is a scholar, and a gentleman, and probably the most honest president we have seen since Abe L.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Even Abe was a lawyer... so he couldn't have been that honest really /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
That's your opinion. The Democrats have been trying to get something done about things that we should all be concerned about. Bush makes it clear that he will veto every bill that they work on, although they try to work across the isle, Bush frames issues in a manner that prevents any kind of working across the isle, by using his overused FEAR card.

You have an agenda, and that is to bash the Democrats, well, the Democrats didn't put us in the situation we're in right now, the Republicans did that, so maybe you should study what happened during the six years that they were in complete control of the Senate, the House and the White House, before you jump on the Democrats.

Pelosi accomplished what she promised to complete in the first 100 hours, but they don't have the numbers to overturn a veto.

McSame will give you more of the same, huge deficits, tax cuts for the rich, programs that send jobs out of the country, and more pumping money into the economy, and devaluing the dollar in the process. Fake economics, and just like Reagan did to Bush one, the next president will have to address this recession, high oil prices, huge deficits, and all the same ol' same ol' mess that Republicans always leave to Democrats to fix.

Both times in the last five decades that the budget was balanced, we had a Democrat in the White House. Every Republican President, left the country in an ecomnomic mess. Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush one and Bush two, every single one of them. Only Bill Clinton left this country with a surplus.

Spend, spend, spend, borrow, Borrow Borrow, while cutting taxes. How damned smart, or dumb, does a person have to be to understand what that leads to?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
05-14-2008, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your ignorance is truly astounding. <span style="color: #FF6666">Your blindness is truly astounding and along with your getting to be all too often insults. I have never called you ignorant just because I disagree most of the time. On the contrary, I think you do a lot of research, however, it seems to be from sources who you already agree with. I'm probably guilty of the same. </span>

Jimmy Carter, FYI, ended the grudges between Egypt and Israel. <span style="color: #FF6666">right.....ask Anwar Sudat...oh yeah you can't.... </span>

Jimmy Carter, who inhereted the Nixon/Ford recession, <span style="color: #FF6666"> and made it much, much worse. Here's where things stood in 1980, Carter's last year in office, and in subsequent periods:

Carter: Interest rate, 21%. Inflation, 13.5%. Unemployment, 7%. The so-called "Misery Index," which Carter used to great effect in his 1976 campaign to win election, 20.5%.

Reagan's last year: Interest rate, 9%. Inflation, 4.1%. Unemployment, 5.5%. Misery Index, 9.6%.

Bush today: Interest rate, 8%. Inflation, 2.6%. Unemployment, 4.5%. Misery Index, 7.1%.

</span> has worked for peace throughout his life, <span style="color: #FF0000">an never met a tyrant he wouldn't suck up to </span> and runs the Jimmy Carter Center, which provides aid and assistance for the poor and the homeless all over the world. <span style="color: #FF0000">and funded to a large extent by Arab money.....big surprise </span>

George Bush isn't good enough to lick his boots, <span style="color: #FF0000">I never mentioned Bush and I agree he is clueless </span> and you should be ashamed of yourself, calling the man who managed successful peace negotiations between two countries, one of them Israel, anything but honorable, a man who has won the Nobel Peace Prize. <span style="color: #FF0000">So did Arafat and Al Gore for that matter </span>

Nothing you write here is correct. Jimmy Carter is a scholar, and a gentleman, and probably the most honest president we have seen since Abe L.
<span style="color: #FF6666">The weakest President EVER..When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan he really told them:
An ineffectual grain embargo.

A boycott of the Moscow Olympics that hurt American athletes more than anyone.

An announcement from the president in an address to the nation shortly after New Year's in 1980 that "FISHING privileges for the Soviet Union in United States waters will be severely curtailed." ewwwwwwww

I'll even give him credit for Camp David and the Habitat for Humanity but after that...NOTHING.... he is antisemitic and travels the world now bashing the U.S. and coddling our enemies
</span>

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry, you are right, I should not have used the word ignorant.

I don't agree with your numbers, or your accusations against Jimmy Carter.

Ford's administration is the one you should be comparing Carter's to, since Ford's administration was at the heart of the recession that Carter inherited.

Bush One inherited Reagans deficits and economic down turn.

Clinton, of all, is the only one who left our economy in good condition, without soaring deficits.

If you believe that our economy is strong, that leaves little space for us to debate. I do not, as I have done some reading about the methods that this administration has promoted for deciphering our economic numbers. We will not have true reports until they're are gone, IMO, on the Economy, or on the war.

Things are very bad for most Americans. I would think that we could agree on that much, and it isn't only because of the present situation with oil, but instead, to a very large degree, the war we were lied into, plays a huge role in our failing economy.

You are right that all things CAN be skewed by the various right or left pundits, but our Government Charts, prove that the rich have enjoyed huge financial growth during the Republican Administrations, while the Middle Class, and poor, have lost out. There is also much proof about the deficits left by every REpublican Administration, hence, their philosophy never seems to pan out, because the Government, and spending, always grows, while they are cutting taxes.

Debt, including interest, is the true factor, which I think most Republicans fail to calculate in their interpretations.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.