PDA

View Full Version : ****New Pool Table for Basement*****

Perly
04-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi!

I'm looking to purchase a pool table for the basement. My husband and I are not professionals but like to play pool. We have been to many stores. Can someone let me know about the
Cannon lexington invader. Thanks in advanced!

http://www.cannonbilliards.com/1-Invader.html

1Time
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I know nothing about that particular table. It looks nice, and it is the style I would choose.

The following is what I would insist on before buying.
- A 7' or 9' version, not 8'. Make certain you have enough room around the table before choosing.
- If buying online, a top view picture of the corner and side pockets to observe the depth of shelf/pocket.
- Measurements for the depth of the baskets, and width of the corner and side pockets.
- Also, if buying in person, take an experienced pool player with you to roll some balls to the corner pockets and observe the quality of the pocket drop, and to provide additional observations.

I can provide better help if you provide these pictures and information.

You will benefit from using advice like this and that of others in the long run, whether from your play on the table or from the table's resale value. People tend to look for recognizable name brands, and I don't recognize this brand. And that's all the more reason to be particularly cautious before buying.

Sid_Vicious
04-29-2008, 08:42 PM
If you are comfortable with the price,,,go for it.

"My husband and I are not professionals but like to play pool."

What kind of pool do you guys like to play?, bar pool, league, etc. This dictates the size. sid~~~thinks that a perfect used table has a huge cost advantage