PDA

View Full Version : long time no see

marek
04-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi people!
I have been lurking for a while mainly because of lack of time so I decided that it is time to inform those who follow my carrer. I am happy to say that this year has become my most successful in pool so far. During Czech national championship I have been able to advance to the finals in 8ball and straight pool and to the semifinals in 9ball (finals will be played during so called "Finals Day" on April 26th) Also I have won two legs of national snooker league back-to-back which got me to the second place in overall ranking and chance to get on national snooker team which is quite a surprise considering I dont practice on snooker table at all. But mainly last week I ran my first 7-pack in 8ball which is my greatest feat so far in this year. Those other things I wrote about are "only" results, but this 7-pack just tells me that I am doing something right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif After 3 years of hard work on my fundamentals I can say I am on the right way, not there yet but close. Oh man all I can say it is REALLY sweet to be able to rely on my technique. Through this I would like to say THANK YOU to Joe Tucker and his invention of 3rd eye stroke trainer, through it I was able to find my aiming flaw and find the right way to shoot. Needless to say I had to work hard anyway but without 3rd eye stroke trainer I wouldnt find my way. THX again you helped me BIG TIME Joe! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2008, 03:07 PM
That's awesome Marek. I hope you have continued success.

Good luck in the finals. I am sure you will do well.

Rich R.
04-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Marek, I always love to read your reports and I am happy to see you are doing so well. Please keep us posted on your tournament results, both good and bad. Hopefully, there won't be any bad results. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

marek
04-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Update:
I just forgot to say that there is Czech national snooker championship under way. I have already advanced to the quarterfinals and today I play for my place in the semis but it will be supertough match as my opponent is former national snooker champion. I will let you know the result. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Rich R.
04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update:
I just forgot to say that there is Czech national snooker championship under way. I have already advanced to the quarterfinals and today I play for my place in the semis but it will be supertough match as my opponent is former national snooker champion. I will let you know the result. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>
Marek, good luck and play well.

marek
04-26-2008, 12:00 AM
I lost the match 2:4 when I was leading 2:0 but it was oh so close in every frame, very tactical game which lasted for 5 hours...unfortunatelly my opponent has been able to shift to high gear when he needed most. When I got home after the match I had a terrible case of headache and burning fever...havent slept much but now I am better, leaving for Plzen, Finals day awaits me... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

marek
05-12-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi!
I just wanted you to know how I played my final matches in straight pool and 8ball. In staright pool it was quite a rollercoaster ride, after 6th inning I was leading 59:10 but after my mistake on safety shot my opponent ran 54 (59:64). Then he made a mistake while playing safety, I ran 29 and played safe (88:64). We engaged in safety battle which he won by risky kick-carom-combo shot but fortunatelly for me he wasn able to run more than 16 (88:80) and played safety. I was quite lucky as I was able to see a shot, on the other hand I was playing from the rail, OB was in the middle of table so if I missed it I would probabaly lose the whole match. After moment of hesitation I decided to go for the shot. Even though I was nervous like hell I was able to followthrough properly and the ball went into the pocket. From there I knew I have 9 more balls in open + cluster. I ran 8 balls (plus the one from the rail) so I had 97. The angle for breaking the cluster was quite tough but I made it - 98. When I looked at the table I found out that I have long shot with shallow angle (15 degree) following by another long shot. Nothing I would normally miss but when you are two shots from your first national title nothing is normal. My heart was pumping like crazy as this was the moment when I realized that the title is within my grasp, just take it and its mine. I decied to go for a draw shot as the cloth was new and I was afraid of the reaction of CB on the rail. Due to the nervosity I didnt follow thorugh properly so the shot was weaker than wanted but OB went in. Last ball, angle about 40 degree, 5 centimeters from the long rail. I knew that if I hit it with follow and not hard the ball would slide into the pocket off the rail even if I undercut it. And thats exactly what I did, fortunatelly for me it was good enough to fall into the pocket. What a feeling! When I was announced a national straight pool champion in front of 200 people with my girlfriend and my father included it gave me shivers!!!!!
My match in 8ball was different story. My opponent played almost flawless pool and I lost 2:8. I missed just 1 ball and on two of my breaks nothing went in, that was basically it. The fact is I had no energy left in myself and I wasnt able to concetrate on those break shots enough to hit them straight.
Thats it for this year nationals.
And one more thing - I qualified for national snooker team for this years European championships which is quite a irony considering the snooker is my suplemental sport.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif